Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Installing from the network
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Installing from the network Post 302162966 by aliban83 on Wednesday 30th of January 2008 09:49:27 PM
Old 01-30-2008
Timeout arp/rarp

I am trying to do install over the network. I have no idea what I am doing wrong.
I have sunblade100 that is my Dhcp and my install server. I first want to make sure about the ethers and bootparams database. Do I edit these files on the server or on the client. Also how do you edit the ethers file when the client's name is Unknow cause the Dhcp server gives it a host name. Please help me with this.

Thank you.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing network card

1) i am trying to install realtek network card in caldrea linux, but i am not able to find the interface, 2)i download drivers for network card and i am not able to read the floopy in linux, pls help me out. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gops
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Installing RT2500 Wireless network card

I need to install a driver for my RT2500 PCI wireless network card on my Solaris 10. So I went to the ralink website (the manufacturer of the network card), and downloaded the linux (well supposedly the unix driver) binary file. Burned it to dvd, and copied from the dvd to my solaris computer.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xannen
3 Replies

3. Linux

Installing Firefox and now ended up installing latest glibc

Hi all, I wanted to install the latest version of firefox 2 but it seems when I attempt to install it, it seems to be saying it is looking for c libraries version 2.3? I believe I currently have an older version of the c libraries. I am currently running Sun's JDS Linux 2003. My Mozilla web... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptingmani
1 Replies

4. SCO

Installing network printer

What is the command for setting up a network printer in SCO 5.0.5? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deloev
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Installing Network on Computer, might be driver

Hi All, Just completing my second Solaris installation, in the previous one which was on a Dell X64 machine, I went through the Network configuration setting, on the current computer which I am installing Solaris on, its a custom built machine and for some reason, I didnt see the screen where I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: platforminc
1 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

Installing Nagios on Solaris for Network and Server Monitoring

Nagios is a free, open source enterprise-class network and server monitoring system that can benefit your IT infrastructure. Bill Bradford describes how to install and set up Nagios on a Solaris 10 system. For this example Bill uses Solaris 10 update 6 running in 32-bit mode on a VMware virtual... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linux Bot
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Installing Network Printer in sun solaris 10

Hi guys, i am a new user of sun solaris, i am using solaris 10, please help me how to install HP 1022n printer. This printer is in network. Thanks Daya (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
1 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Re Installing windows XP after installing KUBUNTU

Hi I have dual operating system i.e Win XP and KUBUNTU. Now my windows XP is corrupted and i want to reinstall Win XP. So i just want to know Shall i have to reinstall Linux also or i can only reinstall win xp without affecting linux installation. Thanks Sarbjit (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

Network becomes slow and return fast only after restart network

Hi, I have 2 machines in production environment: 1. redhat machine for application 2. DB machine (oracle) The application doing a lot of small read&writes from and to the DB machine. The problem is that after some few hours the network from the application to the DB becomes very slow and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: moshesa
4 Replies
ISIBOOTD(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					       ISIBOOTD(8)

NAME
isibootd -- TRFS based network boot server SYNOPSIS
isibootd [-d tracelevel] [-i interface] [-s directory] DESCRIPTION
The isibootd command is a server which supports OMRON LUNA's network boot protocol based on the Transparent Remote File System (TRFS) proto- col. The TRFS protocol uses special Ethernet type packets and works within a local network. isibootd is a simple TRFS server that only supports client reads for booting and exports files in a specified directory. isibootd accepts requests only from clients listed in the /etc/ethers and have valid hostnames. The options are as follows: -d tracelevel Run isibootd in debug mode with specified tracelevel. The tracelevel can be value 1, 2, or 3, and greater tracelevel provides more detailed trace output. The server will not fork in the debug mode. -i interface Specify a network interface to service network boot. If not specified isibootd searches available network interfaces (excluding loopback) and use the first configured ``up'' one. -s directory Specify a directory containing boot files to be served by isibootd. If not specified isibootd uses /tftpboot by default. FILES
/etc/ethers /etc/hosts /tftpboot /var/run/isibootd.pid SEE ALSO
ethers(5), hosts(5), tftpd(8) http://www.NetBSD.org/ports/luna68k/install.html HISTORY
isibootd is based on isiboot utility which was originally written by Tohru Nishimura for NetBSD/luna68k development, and first appeared in NetBSD 6.0. BSD
December 15, 2011 BSD