Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Sun Certified System Administrator for the Solaris 10 OS, Part I (CX-310-200) Post 302162849 by stevie_velvet on Wednesday 30th of January 2008 10:10:54 AM
Old 01-30-2008
I'm working on the Upgrade exam, so as a refressher have a few questions for you, answer & discuss

BACKUPS
-----------
1) Can you abckup to a Mounted File System?...explain your reasoning

2) write a command line that backups the following folder & extracts to the follwoing target. Assume their are subdirectories & use at least 2 commands to :
/etc
/home/ny-admin/backup/etc

3) why woul I wnat to creat a virtual device to backup to? What commands would allow this ?

b-t-w I've heard the Part I questions (310-200) pool got updated i.e. changed in December 2007 ) If your relying on a braindump, your running a high chance of failure

-------------------------------------------------------------------
~ ms. stevie

Solaris SCSA (v8)
Microsoft MCP
Ubuntu & Fedora on-the-way

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Advice - Solaris 9 Exam 310-014 & 310-015

I think I am ready for the 310-014 exam but not quite ready for the 310-015 exam as I still have a lot of study and practice to do to prepare for it.. Do most people sit the 014 exam and then prepare for the second exam? Any advice on how to tackle these is appreciated.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun Certified System Administrator for the Solaris 10

i want to take certificate which are: Solaris 10 OS . Part I - Sun Certified System Administrator for the Solaris 10 Operating System (CX-310-200) . Part II - Sun Certified System Administrator for the Solaris 10 Operating System (CX-310-202) ; my question is about S10 adminitration... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nibiru78
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Sun Certified Solaris 8 Exam

Hi Everyone Any Idea where I can obtain good information or pdf file to prepare for the exam below. Practice Exam for Sun Certified System Administrator for the Solaris 8 OS, Part II (WGS-PREX-S012B) Regards Collem (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CollenM
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Sun Certified Network Administrator for Solaris 10 OS (CX-310-302)

I want to start studying for Sun Certified Network Administrator for Solaris 10 OS (CX-310-302) Are there any books or study guides for this? I am pumping a dry well on Amazon and Borders... What have you used to study for this? Is there anything out there that is reasonable? I am not... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: BrewDudeBob
10 Replies

5. Solaris

Book for Sun Certified Solaris Associate (SCSAS)

Hi All, I plan to take my first certification in Solaris “Sun Certified Solaris Associate (SCSAS)”. Is this certification has a value. Please help me to identify what book to refer. What is the cost of this exam in India? Regards, Kalai (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kalpeer
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Steps for Installing a local Printer 310 -200

I need someone to please help me in arranging the Local Printer Installation steps in the correct order. Is this correct ? first step - Test the Printer Second step - Physically attach the Printer Third step - Add the Printer to the print service Fourth step - ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Laitan
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Steps for Installing a local Printer 310 -200

I need someone to please help me in arranging the Local Printer Installation steps in the correct order. Is this correct ? first step - Test the Printer Second step - Physically attach the Printer Third step - Add the Printer to the print service Fourth step - ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Laitan
1 Replies

8. What is on Your Mind?

Fresher Salary Details for Redhat Certified System Administrator

I am thinking of doing Redhat certified system Administrator Course(RHCSA).what is the salary details after doing this course in india,Singapore? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajesh1986
0 Replies
BACKUP(8)						      System Manager's Manual							 BACKUP(8)

NAME
backup - backup files SYNOPSIS
backup [-djmnorstvz] dir1 dir2 OPTIONS
-d At top level, only directories are backed up -j Do not copy junk: *.Z, *.bak, a.out, core, etc -m If device full, prompt for new diskette -n Do not backup top-level directories -o Do not copy *.o files -r Restore files -s Do not copy *.s files -t Preserve creation times -v Verbose; list files being backed up -z Compress the files on the backup medium EXAMPLES
backup -mz . /f0 # Backup current directory compressed backup /bin /usr/bin # Backup bin from RAM disk to hard disk DESCRIPTION
Backup (recursively) backs up the contents of a given directory and its subdirectories to another part of the file system. It has two typ- ical uses. First, some portion of the file system can be backed up onto 1 or more diskettes. When a diskette fills up, the user is prompted for a new one. The backups are in the form of mountable file systems. Second, a directory on RAM disk can be backed up onto hard disk. If the target directory is empty, the entire source directory is copied there, optionally compressed to save space. If the target directory is an old backup, only those files in the target directory that are older than similar names in the source directory are replaced. Backup uses times for this purpose, like make. Calling Backup as Restore is equivalent to using the -r option; this replaces newer files in the target directory with older files from the source directory, uncompressing them if necessary. The target directory con- tents are thus returned to some previous state. SEE ALSO
tar(1). BACKUP(8)