Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX XIO: fatal IO error 232 (Connection reset by peer) on X server "192.168.1.239:0.0" Post 302162799 by grimanda on Wednesday 30th of January 2008 06:29:44 AM
Old 01-30-2008
XIO: fatal IO error 232 (Connection reset by peer) on X server "192.168.1.239:0.0"

Hi All... I'm newbie here...,

i have problem when installing oracle9206, i use HPUX 11.11,
i'm using Xmanager enterprise 2.1 for forwarding from server A to my laptop

# export DISPLAY=192.168.1.239:0.0
# echo $DISPLAY
output ==> 192.168.1.239:0.0

at the oracle directory, i execute
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
# runInstaller &

[1] 4584
$ Starting Oracle Universal Installer...
No pre-requisite checks found in oraparam.ini, no system pre-requisite checks will be executed.
Preparing to launch Oracle Universal Installer from /tmp/OraInstall2008-01-30_06 -23-39PM.
Please wait ...Oracle Universal Installer, Version 10.1.0.3.0 Production
Copyright (C) 1999, 2004, Oracle. All rights reserved.

XIO: fatal IO error 232 (Connection reset by peer) on X server "192.168.1.239:0.0"
after 0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

[1] + Done runInstaller &

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so confuse,
i try to ==>

$ xhost +192.168.1.239
after 0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

Can anyone help M3 Plz...., Kindly need your help...

Thx in advance....

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

connection reset by peer

:confused: HI, We have 2 servers ( win 2003 + sun 5.8 ) and we run a rsh from the NT to the UNIX. The program runs a shell script on the UNIX and waits for the answer in the EOF. How ever, after period of appx 2 min there is a reply "Recv failed:Connection reset by peer". while the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: eyalush
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connection reset by peer

hi i am connecting to a remote server using sftp protocol. i am using the command like "sftp USER01@122.10.12.45" then i got the error "Couldn't read packet: Connection reset by peer" please help its very urgent (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Satyak
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

cat/delete per line any word "192.168.1.12"

Hi All Can u help me.. My problem is delete word per line sample: cat /tmp/file.txt monitor 192.168.1.11 Copying files in current directory 1 monitor 192.168.1.1 Copying files in current directory 2 monitor 192.168.1.12 Copying files in current directory 3 monitor 192.168.1.14... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carnegiex
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

error "awk: (FILENAME=- FNR=23) fatal: division by zero attempted"

Hi , I have file : after i run this command : there are error can we print blank line if output error ?? thanks.. ^^ (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: justbow
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Connection reset by peer..closing connection

Hello I'm facing the above problem while doing a performance run. I've a script which I'm launching from my windows desktop using mozilla. The script will invoke backend action on a Solaris host which in turn feeds the records to a driver located on a linux box(Cent OS). What's happening is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: subramanyab
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

fatal: Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer

I get this error when I log in through console: "fatal: Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer". Can you tell me what this is and why it happens, and how to stop it? Thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iamnew2solaris
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cat: write error: Connection reset by peer

I have created a script to cat the contents of a log file and pipe it to head and tail so I can get specific lines. When I do this I sometimes randomly get the error "cat: write error: Connection reset by peer". It is completely sporatic and sometimes it doesnt happen and sometimes it does... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atelford
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Fatal: Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer [preauth]

Hello, I have recently updated my AIX machine from version 6.1.7.5 to 6.1.9.1 and i noticed that the errpt of the server is full of ssh messages like the one below: sshdprocess_id>]: fatal: Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer Does anyone knows if this a known bug of the ssh... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
15 Replies

9. Solaris

Install Apache 2.4.20 on Solaris 10 --- Error "ld: fatal: file ab.o: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32"

I am following the "Compilling and Installing" guide from Apache > HTTP Server > Documentation > Version 2.4 page The configure running OK: # export CC="gcc -m64" # ./configure \ --prefix=/usr/local/apache2/httpd-2.4.20 \ --with-port=80 \ --with-mpm=worker \ --enable-mods-shared=most \... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jhuang
0 Replies
o2cb_ctl(8)							OCFS2 Manual Pages						       o2cb_ctl(8)

NAME
o2cb_ctl - Control program for the O2CB cluster service. SYNOPSIS
o2cb_ctl -C -n object -t type [-i] [-a attribute ] o2cb_ctl -D -n object [-u] o2cb_ctl -I [-o-z] -l manager> [-n object>] [-t type] [-a attribute] o2cb_ctl -H [-n object] [-t type>] [-a attribute>] o2cb_ctl -h o2cb_ctl -V DESCRIPTION
o2cb_ctl is the control program for the O2CB cluster service. Users are not advised to use this program directly but instead use the O2CB init service and/or ocfs2console. OPTIONS
-C Create an object in the OCFS2 Cluster Configuration. -D Delete an object from the existing OCFS2 Cluster Configuration. -I Print information about the OCFS2 Cluster Configuration. -H Change an object or objects in the existing OCFS2 Cluster Configuration. -h Displays help and exit. -V Print version and exit. OTHER OPTIONS
-a <attribute> With -C, <attribute> is in format "parameter=value", where the parameter is a valid parameter that can be set in the file /etc/ocfs2/cluster.conf. With -I, <attribute> may be "parameter", indicating an attribute to be listed in the output, or it may be "parameter==value", indicating that only objects matching "parameter=value" are to be displayed. -i Valid only with -C. When creating something (node or cluster), it will also install it in the live cluster. If the parameter is not specified, then only update the /etc/ocfs2/cluster.conf. -n object object is usually the node name or cluster name. In the /etc/ocfs2/cluster.conf file, it would be the value of the name parameter for any of the sections (cluster or node). -o Valid only with -I. Using this parameter, if one asks o2cb_ctl to list all nodes, it will output it in a format suitable for shell parsing. -t type type can be cluster, node or heartbeat. -u Valid only with -D. When deleting something (node or cluster), it will also remove it from the live cluster. If the parameter is not specified, then only update the /etc/ocfs2/cluster.conf. -z Valid only with -I. This is the default. If one asks o2cb_ctl to list all nodes, it will give a verbose listing. EXAMPLES
Add node5 to an offline cluster: $ o2cb_ctl -C -n node5 -t node -a number=5 -a ip_address=192.168.0.5 -a ip_port=7777 -a cluster=mycluster Add node10 to an online cluster: $ o2cb_ctl -C -i -n node10 -t node -a number=10 -a ip_address=192.168.1.10 -a ip_port=7777 -a cluster=mycluster Note the -i argument. Query the IP address of node5: $ o2cb_ctl -I -n node5 -a ip_address Change the IP address of node5: $ o2cb_ctl -H -n node5 -a ip_address=192.168.1.5 SEE ALSO
mkfs.ocfs2(8) fsck.ocfs2(8) tunefs.ocfs2(8) mounted.ocfs2(8) ocfs2console(8) o2cb(7) AUTHORS
Oracle Corporation COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2004, 2010 Oracle. All rights reserved. Version 1.6.4 September 2010 o2cb_ctl(8)