Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: kernel param listings
Operating Systems HP-UX kernel param listings Post 302162780 by vbe on Wednesday 30th of January 2008 04:39:27 AM
Old 01-30-2008
>So sysdef and kmtune "should" return the same values correct?
No because the timestamps ARE different:
kmtune requires /stand/system to be present so it uses it, if the timestamp is different with /stand/vmunix you could have a missmatch : someone updated the kernel but hasnt updated the system file, or someone has edited and updated /stand/system and hasnt rebuilt the kernel...

sysdef reads the values from the current kernel.

>what about why sysdef does not return values for some params whil kmtune does? sysdef | grep shmmax returns nothing
Ah well thats one of many params sysdef will not show...

Now 'sysdef' is deprecated, and kmtune is the correct tool to use with 11.11
and post 11.23 you should be using kcweb as in future sysdef should be removed...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

sites with the listings

Is anybody know sites with the listings of simple programs for Linux (in text mode) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Studenttt
0 Replies

2. Programming

Listings of the games for Linux

Hello! I need tne listings of the very simple games(like mad builders or snake) in text mode, when is running only bash. If you got one, please send me on e-mail or post it just in this thread. I also need the following programms, if you have one of them or can quickly write it, please help me: 1)... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Studenttt
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

file listings by date

Hi all, First post, be gentle ;) OK I'm trying to list all files in a directory that are between x days and y days old, where I need to treat days as being from 00:00 to 23:59. i.e. a list of all files between 1 day and 8 days old would include all files between 00:00 8 days ago and 23:59 1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Boothy
1 Replies

4. Solaris

listings file of a package

Hi, Is there a command to list all files within an installed package ? A command to print out a file's package owner ? I have trouble to install a temporary license for FTAM and OSI 9.0 on my sunfire280r and i suspect the licensing software is the reason... Any SUN guru out there ? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: andryk
4 Replies

5. Programming

Fingerlines in GCC Listings

I recently moved from an AIX to a Linux environment, currently using GCC. I've searched the manpages, to no avail on this one. Q: Does gcc have an option to include finger lines in the listing? In other words, the equivalent compile option for AIX's -qsource and -qsrcmsg? If you don't know... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marcus121
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

displaying 3 directory listings in 3 separate columns.

i having problems figuring out how to 'read' in 3 different directory listings and then display them on the screen into 3 separate columns. i thought i could use a 'for' loop to grab each directory and then assign a unique variable to each line 'read' in. of course, as you experts all know,... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjays
16 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

param with awk

Hi All, I have this script: #!/bin/ksh lsvg -l $1|grep -v $1:|grep -v LV|awk '{print "mklvcopy ",$1," 2 $2 $3"}' I want to pass three param with "vg2 hdisk1 hdisk2" but the output is "mklvcopy lv1 2 $2 $3". I want to pass the hdisk1 and hdisk2 and not the $2 and $3. Please help! ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

param with awk

Hi All, I have this script: #!/bin/ksh lsvg -l $1|grep -v $1:|grep -v LV|awk '{print "mklvcopy ",$1," 2 $2 $3"}' I want to pass three param with "vg2 hdisk1 hdisk2" but the output is "mklvcopy lv1 2 $2 $3". I want to pass the hdisk1 and hdisk2 and not the $2 and $3. Please help! ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sqlplus script out param

For starters, I have read the forums from top to bottom and cannot find a solution to this particular scenario. Just finished up two hours or scouring the archives. Here is my question which has been asked numerous times before but never fully explained for this particular solution: How do I pass a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jwil0m0
2 Replies
sysdef(1M)						  System Administration Commands						sysdef(1M)

NAME
sysdef - output system definition SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/sysdef [-i] [-n namelist] /usr/sbin/sysdef [-h] [-d] [-i] [-D] DESCRIPTION
The sysdef utility outputs the current system definition in tabular form. It lists all hardware devices, as well as pseudo devices, system devices, loadable modules, and the values of selected kernel tunable parameters. It generates the output by analyzing the named bootable operating system file (namelist) and extracting the configuration information from it. The default system namelist is /dev/kmem. OPTIONS
-i Prints the configuration information from /dev/kmem. This is the default and only needs to be specified if the configura- tion information from both /dev/kmem and the system file specified with the "-n namelist" option is needed. -nnamelist Specifies a namelist other than the default (/dev/kmem). The namelist specified must be a valid bootable operating system. -h Prints the identifier of the current host in hexadecimal. This numeric value is unique across all Sun hosts. -d The output includes the configuration of system peripherals formatted as a device tree. -D For each system peripheral in the device tree, display the name of the device driver used to manage the peripheral. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Sample output format The following example displays the format of the sysdef -d output: example% sysdef -d Node 'SUNW,Ultra-5_10', unit #-1 Node 'packages', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'terminal-emulator', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'deblocker', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'obp-tftp', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'disk-label', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'SUNW,builtin-drivers', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'sun-keyboard', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'ufs-file-system', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'chosen', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'openprom', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'client-services', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'options', unit #0 Node 'aliases', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'memory', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'virtual-memory', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'pci', unit #0 Node 'pci', unit #0 Node 'ebus', unit #0 Node 'auxio', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'power', unit #0 Node 'SUNW,pll', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'se', unit #0 (no driver) Node 'su', unit #0 Node 'su', unit #1 Node 'ecpp', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'fdthree', unit #0 Node 'eeprom', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'flashprom', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'SUNW,CS4231', unit #0 (no driver) Node 'network', unit #0 Node 'SUNW,m64B', unit #0 Node 'ide', unit #0 Node 'disk', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'cdrom', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'sd', unit #1 Node 'dad', unit #1 Node 'pci', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'SUNW,UltraSPARC-IIi', unit #-1 (no driver) Node 'pseudo', unit #0 [output truncated] FILES
/dev/kmem default operating system image ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
hostid(1), prtconf(1M), nlist(3ELF), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 4 Oct 2004 sysdef(1M)