Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting print out result from data file Post 302162772 by panknil on Wednesday 30th of January 2008 03:55:59 AM
Old 01-30-2008
Dear thms sum,

can u plz provide an example of ur need?

regards,
Pankaj

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

print a function result in new file

Hi, i have a function which return a variable . serach ( paramatere) when i excute this function i get the result in the shell, i want to print this result in a file by calling just the function. how can i do it.. the code example is like that: search ( ) { .. } the call... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamel.seg
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to print data between 2 lines in a file

i want to print the data between two line numbers in file to another file. which command should i use i tried sed command . i am storing the line numbers in two variables say L1,L2. but $L1 and $L2 are not working in sed command. is there any other command to do this reply soon (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamesh83
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare and print out data only appear in file 1 problem

Below is the data content of file_1 and file_2: file_1 >sample_1 FKGJGPOPOPOQA ASDADWEEWERE ASDAWEWQWRW ASDASDASDASDD file_2 >sample_1 DRTOWPFPOPOQA ASDADWEEASDF ASDADRTYWRW ASDASDASDASDD I got try the following perl script. Unfortunately, it can't give my desired output result... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare a file with all others then print off data

my script so far nawk -F, 'NR==FNR{a++;next} a{b++} END{for(i in b){if(b-1){print i";\t\t"b}else{print "NEW:"i";\t\t1"} } }' OFS=, 20111228.csv *.csv | sort NE:221478,SHELF:13,SLOT:4; 2 NE:221726,SHELF:8,SLOT:1; 2 NE:222318,SHELF:14,SLOT:1; 9... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: llcooljatt
20 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to combine data from 2 file ? How to print ?

Dear friends, I am just trying to print data from 2 file,namely file_1.txt and file_1.dat (specific column of ROW 1) file_1.txt 12 13 14 15 99 AMC 69 36 89 12 13 14 15 99 AMC 69 84 -12 12 13 14 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nex_asp
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use PYTHON to collect data weather and print in new file

Hi all, i have a task to do with Python and because i'm a beginner on it i would like your help on this. Create a python script that: Every hour collect the Temperature (e.g. 29C) and Current Condition (e.g. Clear) from this website wunderground.com/global/stations/54511.html Create a CSV... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragaga123
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print result of mv -n

I am trying to move files which donot have same filename using find /Users/ParijatMac/desktop/unix/new_dir -type f -mmin +"$HRS" -exec mv -n "{}" /Users/ParijatMac/desktop/unix/old_dir \; -print but i am getting all filenames including the ones with duplicate names.Please help me to sort... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: parijat guh
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk parse result that match data from file

i run command that return this result,example : gigabitethernet2/2/4:NotPresent, gigabitethernet2/1/17:UP, gigabitethernet2/1/10:UP, gigabitethernet2/1/5:UP, gigabitethernet2/1/9:UP, gigabitethernet2/1/36:DOWN, gigabitethernet2/1/33:DOWN, gigabitethernet2/1/8:UP,... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: wanttolearn1
19 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare 2 columns from the same file and print a value depending on the result

Hello Unix gurus, I have a file with this format (example values): label1 1 0 label2 1 0 label3 0.4 0.6 label4 0.5 0.5 label5 0.1 0.9 label6 0.9 0.1 in which: column 1 is a row label column 2 and 3 are values I would like to do a simple operation on this table and get the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ksennin
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To get or print specific value in result

i am executing below code to achive my result, but for second row the value is not coming it should come URL like other two . url start with http:// and end with .xhtml cat FILE | grep 'Test failed' | awk -F',' '{print $3,$8,$12}' INPUT 1517679173303,84,SKILLED LANGUAGE - ENTER... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
11 Replies
SUM(1)								   User Commands							    SUM(1)

NAME
sum - checksum and count the blocks in a file SYNOPSIS
sum [OPTION]... [FILE]... DESCRIPTION
Print checksum and block counts for each FILE. -r use BSD sum algorithm, use 1K blocks -s, --sysv use System V sum algorithm, use 512 bytes blocks --help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit With no FILE, or when FILE is -, read standard input. AUTHOR
Written by Kayvan Aghaiepour and David MacKenzie. REPORTING BUGS
Report sum bugs to bug-coreutils@gnu.org GNU coreutils home page: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> General help using GNU software: <http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/> Report sum translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for sum is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and sum programs are properly installed at your site, the command info coreutils 'sum invocation' should give you access to the complete manual. GNU coreutils 8.12.197-032bb September 2011 SUM(1)