Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming help on compiling a C program on Tiger Post 302162599 by shamrock on Tuesday 29th of January 2008 10:37:07 AM
Old 01-29-2008
Question

Do you mean the OS X Tiger...state the platform you are compiling on? What header files are you including besides <stdio.h> and what libs are you compiling with? There might be issues with the printf() definition between the header files and libs you are compiling with.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Error Compiling C program

Hi All, I tried to compile a C program but i am getting error while Linking . it says Undefined reference to ' ' (here it gives a method name which is defined Globally ). Can any body tell the resaon and remedy for the same . Iam stuck up here . Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivek
3 Replies

2. Programming

Compiling a program

Hello. I am trying to run a c program on a unix shell (ssh). I have searched this forum but have not come accross the soultion to my problem, so I am posting my question here :cool: I wrote the following simple code: #include <iostream.h> using namespace std; int main() { ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Minnesota Red
7 Replies

3. Programming

Problem compiling program

hi i am having a problem that when ever i use cc program_name.c to compile a program. an error occurs, showing cc not found. please help. (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: rochitsharma
28 Replies

4. Programming

Compiling a C program

Help I know nothing about c programming. :confused: I want to compile the below c program. It extracts data from an oracle database into csv files. I have oracle 9206 installed with ProC. I dont have gcc My question is. How the hell do I make this into an file I can run? I am pulling... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooploo
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Compiling and Running C Program on Solaris

Hello Guys, I am using Solaris Developer Express Edition 9/07, I am a beginner. Please tell me how to compile and execute a C program. Please give me your answers clearly, for the compilers cc,c89,c99. please....... reply to me. I not getting the answer anywhere.. Advance... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: selva_ss
2 Replies

6. Programming

Problem with Compiling C on Tiger

I've downloaded Xcode and i've done : which "gcc" which "ggc-4.0" and which "c99" all were found in /usr/bin/ however with the script #include <stdio.h> main() { printf("hello, world\n"); } and when I, in command line use the command while in my home dir: gcc cprog.c -o cprog (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleansing_flame
4 Replies

7. Programming

compiling c program in unix

if somebody can help me pls. i need the source code for a shell which compiles C or java programs in unix i need a very short and simple one, just the compiling part Respect (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zlatan005
2 Replies

8. Programming

Problems compiling OpenStep program.

I use Ubuntu 10.4, and I installed GNUStep, Gorm (a gui builder) and ProjectCenter (the GNU alternative to Xcode) because I want to develop Objective-C apps. I opened the ProjectCenter and I created an application that displays only an empty window. I sourced the GNUstep.sh and I compiled the app. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
0 Replies

9. Programming

compiling old C program in Linux.

Hello, I am writing to ask for support about compiling an very old but famous C-progam for genetics study called MapMaker/QTL, and the source code is available from MIT: http://www.broadinstitute.org/ftp/distribution/software/mapmaker3/The program was originally designed for systems like SunOS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yifangt
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error compiling program with extension .c

good morning, I have 64-bit DB2 V9.7 AIX 7.1.0.0 I am compiling a C program, when running cc-I / rutadb2/include-c programa.c this error. ksh: cc: not found. how I can check if I have installed the C compiler? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much and best regards. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemoper
2 Replies
PerlX::Maybe(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					 PerlX::Maybe(3pm)

NAME
PerlX::Maybe - return a pair only if they are both defined SYNOPSIS
You once wrote: my $bob = Person->new( defined $name ? (name => $name) : (), defined $age ? (age => $age) : (), ); Now you can write: my $bob = Person->new( maybe name => $name, maybe age => $age, ); DESCRIPTION
Moose classes (and some other classes) distinguish between an attribute being unset and the attribute being set to undef. Supplying a constructor arguments like this: my $bob = Person->new( name => $name, age => $age, ); Will result in the "name" and "age" attributes possibly being set to undef (if the corresponding $name and $age variables are not defined), which may violate the Person class' type constraints. (Note: if you are the author of the class in question, you can solve this using MooseX::UndefTolerant. However, some of us are stuck using non-UndefTolerant classes written by third parties.) To ensure that the Person constructor does not try to set a name or age at all when they are undefined, ugly looking code like this is often used: my $bob = Person->new( defined $name ? (name => $name) : (), defined $age ? (age => $age) : (), ); or: my $bob = Person->new( (name => $name) x!!(defined $name), (age => $age) x!!(defined $age), ); A slightly more elegant solution is the "maybe" function: "maybe $x => $y, @rest" This function checks that $x and $y are both defined. If they are, it returns them both as a list; otherwise it returns the empty list. If @rest is provided, it is unconditionally appended to the end of whatever list is returned. The combination of these behaviours allows the following very sugary syntax to "just work". my $bob = Person->new( name => $name, address => $addr, maybe phone => $tel, maybe email => $email, unique_id => $id, ); This function is exported by default. BUGS
Please report any bugs to http://rt.cpan.org/Dist/Display.html?Queue=PerlX-Maybe <http://rt.cpan.org/Dist/Display.html?Queue=PerlX-Maybe>. SEE ALSO
Syntax::Feature::Maybe. MooseX::UndefTolerant, PerlX::Perform, Exporter. AUTHOR
Toby Inkster <tobyink@cpan.org>. COPYRIGHT AND LICENCE
This software is copyright (c) 2012 by Toby Inkster. This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as the Perl 5 programming language system itself. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
THIS PACKAGE IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTIBILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. perl v5.14.2 2012-05-03 PerlX::Maybe(3pm)