Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to work with fields of a csv file? Post 302162502 by praveen_b744 on Tuesday 29th of January 2008 06:38:42 AM
Old 01-29-2008
the command I found through googling.But I am not able to understand, how this command selects second field, and do "p" in the command represents paste?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Work CSV file with awk loop

I need to converts a CSV file from Format "A" into Format "B", where the first field is repeated in a loop with a counter. I'am quite sure that this is with AWK possible burt the "Forum Search Function" doesn't work at the moment. Format "A" A1;B1 ;B2 ;B3 A2;C1 ;C2 ;C3 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frieling
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read and parse the content of csv file containing # as delimeter into fields using Bash?

#!/bin/bash i=0 cat 1.csv | while read fileline do echo "$fileline" IFS="#" flds=( $fileline ) nrofflds=${#flds} echo "noof fields$nrofflds" fld=0 while do echo "noof counter$fld" echo "$nrofflds" #fld1="${flds}" trying to store the content of line to fields but i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: barani75
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create a CSV File by reading fields from separate files

SHELL SCRIPT Hi, I have 3 separate files within a folder. Every File contains data in a single column like File1 contains data mayank sushant dheeraj File2 contains DSA_AT MG_AT FLAT_09 File3 contains data 123123 232323 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mayanksargoch
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

pulling different fields from a csv file

Hi, I have a requirment where I need to pull different columns from a .csv file. Here is the sample of the csv file. account,item,flag1,flag2,flag3,flag4,flag5,......feed,tran I will be have a config.txt file which will have the following information. item,flag5,flag10,feed,tran... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: akdevula
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk work with time change in csv file

Hi, i have csv input file looks like below 3rd field is date and time field i want to change it with user supplied date and time says year=2011 month=09 day=05 hour=11 count=2 when count is say 10 then first ten records should pick and it should increment the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghavendra.nsn
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two csv file fields using awk script

Hi All, I want to remove the rows from File1.csv by comparing the columns/fields in the File2.csv. I only need the records whose first column is same and the second column is different for the same record in both files.Here is an example on what I need. File1.csv: RAJAK|ACTIVE|1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajak.net
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting additional comma delimiters in a csv file, after and before certian fields.

Hello I have a csv file which I need to insert addtional commas into. The csv is of the format field1,field2,field3,field4,...etc...,field13,field14 I need to add extra commas in each record so that the final output looks like ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamal_p_99
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting new fields to a csv file

hi I have a csv file with few rows > cat job_stat 1,jobname1,somthing,somthing 2,jobname2,somthing,somthing 3,jobname3,somthing,somthing 4,jobname4,somthing,somthing I want to add few columns after the 2nd column and then append rest of the columns after the 3rd newly added... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: midhun19
3 Replies

9. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

How to convert the following characters in some fields in a csv file?

I have a csv file which is produced out of a SED command sed 's/|/","/g; s/^/"/; s/$/"/' A4.txt > A5.csv and I need either an addition to the SED command or a separate command to convert the following characters which occur within the fields in multiple lines 1) "=" to =" and 2)""~ to " (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: etldev
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to count lines of CSV file where 2 fields match variables?

I'm trying to use awk to count the occurrences of two matching fields of a CSV file. For instance, for data that looks like this... Joe,Blue,Yes,No,High Mike,Blue,Yes,Yes,Low Joe,Red,No,No,Low Joe,Red,Yes,Yes,Low I've been trying to use code like this... countvar=`awk ' $2~/$color/... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nmoore2843
4 Replies
MONGOEXPORT(1)							  Mongo Database						    MONGOEXPORT(1)

NAME
mongoexport - the Mongo export tool SYNOPSIS
mongoexport [OPTIONS] DESCRIPTION
mongoexport is a tool to export a MongoDB collection to either JSON or CSV. The query can be filtered or a list of fields to output can be given. If the output is CSV, the fields must be specified in order. EXAMPLES
mongoexport -d test -c test1 --csv -f name,num export documents from test.test1 in CSV format OPTIONS
--help show usage information -h, --host HOST server to connect to (default HOST=localhost) -d, --db DATABASE database to use -c, --c COLLECTION collection to use -q, --query QUERY query filter -f, --fields FIELDS comma-separated list of field names --csv export to CSV instead of JSON -o, --out FILE output file, if not specified, stdout is used --dbpath PATH directly access mongod data files in this path, instead of connecting to a mongod instance COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2009 10gen SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MongoDB wiki, available at http://www.mongodb.org. AUTHOR
Kristina Chodorow 10gen June 2009 MONGOEXPORT(1)