Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk parameter
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk parameter Post 302162461 by alokmits on Tuesday 29th of January 2008 04:14:58 AM
Old 01-29-2008
Network awk parameter

How to pass a parameter in system function
e.g system(script parameter)
i want to run a shell script along with a parameter

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PASS parameter to AWK

Hi, Can i pass a parameter(not a file name) as a parameter to a awk program? eg; $awk -f test 1 2 3 here test is the filename...and 1,2,3 are the i/p parameters? thank you:-) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unisam
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/input parameter

Hi, My script takes in one input parameter($1-email id) on the command line... The script contains something like this... awk '$1 == 400' abc.log >def.log mail -s subject $1 <def.log abc.log looks something like this... 300 222 330 123 445 400 098 890 727 663 How do i make the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wannalearn
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

using awk != parameter

Hi all, I am having the below file log.txt 1 aaa 111 @@@ 2 bbb 222 ### 14 ccc 333 $$$ using awk '$1!=1 || $1!=14 {print $1" " $2}' log.txt gets the below output 1 aaa 2 bbb 14 ccc (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikn7974
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parameter to AWK

Hi, I need help with AWK. Here is the issue that i'm facing. I have a variable in KSH script set as below. user_text="first second third fourth" My Requirement is to print 'first', 'second', 'third' or 'fourth' based on setting a variable Example 1 user_text="first second third... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: sacguy08
17 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk pass $LOGDIR parameter

hi guys i need your help , i wrote one script which is as below #!/bin/ksh ########################################################### LOGDIR=/export/home/xyz/logs EMAILFile=$LOGDIR/xxs_email.log BOX=$(uname -a | awk '{print $2}') awk '{if ($4 >= 30) {print $1 " " $3 " HAS LAG of "... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tapia
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing a parameter to AWK

Hi All, I am trying to pass a parameter to AWK on my KSH shell prompt as below. var1=2 echo $var1 awk -v var2=${var1} '{print var2}' testfile.txt I am passing the input file (testfile) to awk to get some o/p. It is having 10 records. When I run AWK, it is throwing the following errors... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raamc
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk: replace with script parameter

Hi var=0001 I want to replace 2nd field of file with variable var in file sample.txt Please suggest with awk. dont want to use awk -v option. pseudo code : something like this. var=0001 awk '{ 12193 /var } {print $0 }' sample.txt (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: theshashi
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parameter not accepting in awk

In below script parameterwhich i am passing to awk function is not working.Not sure why its not accepting parameter.Please tell me how to pass parameter to the awk function.Please check the below script. #!/bin/ksh dummy_file=/etlapps/dev/data/sub_servicer_data/ScriptLogs/emp.txt fields=5... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: katakamvivek
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing parameter to awk command

Hi, I have a situation where I need to create a SQL statement using Unix script for each value in first field (ID). The file looks like this. Id,TARGET_FIELD_NAME,SOURCE_FIELD_NAME 1,Test_Rate,Field1 1,Test_Factor,Field2 1,Test_Size,Field3 2,Test_Rate,Field4 2,Test_Factor,Field5... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kiranredz
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Does awk have parameter substitution?

Can I specify a default value to a variable in AWK like BASH in one statement using parameter substitution? BASH example: argument=${$1-"default if empty"} (BASH) I know I can do: argument=$1; sub ( "^$", "default if empty", argument) (AWK) Mike (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Michael Stora
13 Replies
OCF_HEARTBEAT_IDS(7)						OCF resource agents					      OCF_HEARTBEAT_IDS(7)

NAME
ocf_heartbeat_ids - Manages an Informix Dynamic Server (IDS) instance SYNOPSIS
ids [start | stop | status | monitor | validate-all | meta-data | methods | usage] DESCRIPTION
OCF resource agent to manage an IBM Informix Dynamic Server (IDS) instance as an High-Availability resource. SUPPORTED PARAMETERS
informixdir The value the environment variable INFORMIXDIR has after a typical installation of IDS. Or in other words: the path (without trailing '/') where IDS was installed to. If this parameter is unspecified the script will try to get the value from the shell environment. (optional, string, no default) informixserver The value the environment variable INFORMIXSERVER has after a typical installation of IDS. Or in other words: the name of the IDS server instance to manage. If this parameter is unspecified the script will try to get the value from the shell environment. (optional, string, no default) onconfig The value the environment variable ONCONFIG has after a typical installation of IDS. Or in other words: the name of the configuration file for the IDS instance specified in INFORMIXSERVER. The specified configuration file will be searched at '/etc/'. If this parameter is unspecified the script will try to get the value from the shell environment. (optional, string, no default) dbname This parameter defines which database to use in order to monitor the IDS instance. If this parameter is unspecified the script will use the 'sysmaster' database as a default. (optional, string, default sysmaster) sqltestquery SQL test query to run on the database specified by the parameter 'dbname' in order to monitor the IDS instance and determine if it's functional or not. If this parameter is unspecified the script will use 'SELECT COUNT(*) FROM systables;' as a default. (optional, string, default SELECT COUNT(*) FROM systables;) SUPPORTED ACTIONS
This resource agent supports the following actions (operations): start Starts the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 120. stop Stops the resource. Suggested minimum timeout: 120. status Performs a status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 60. monitor Performs a detailed status check. Suggested minimum timeout: 30. Suggested interval: 10. validate-all Performs a validation of the resource configuration. Suggested minimum timeout: 5. meta-data Retrieves resource agent metadata (internal use only). Suggested minimum timeout: 5. methods Suggested minimum timeout: 5. usage Suggested minimum timeout: 5. EXAMPLE
The following is an example configuration for a ids resource using the crm(8) shell: primitive example_ids ocf:heartbeat:ids op monitor depth="0" timeout="30" interval="10" SEE ALSO
http://www.linux-ha.org/wiki/ids_(resource_agent) AUTHOR
Linux-HA contributors (see the resource agent source for information about individual authors) resource-agents 1.0.3 07/05/2010 OCF_HEARTBEAT_IDS(7)