Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Authentication WAP with RADIUS Server Post 302162416 by Paris Heng on Tuesday 29th of January 2008 12:52:34 AM
Old 01-29-2008
Authentication WAP with RADIUS Server

Network Configuration Figure

Dear all,

I currently performing an testing using the above network configuration (Please click on the above link).
On how actually the RADIUS server can authenticate the user who connect to the WAP (wireless access point) in order to use the Internet services?

It is the WAP need to configured? Can I configure the WAP with hostapd? For the testing I need to authenticate with WEP first.

Please assist.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Soalris 10 PAM Radius authentication Module

Hello Group, I'm facing Problem with the configuration of "***pam_radius_auth.so.1***" module to be integrated with Freeradius and Funk Steel Belted Radius. Both this radius servers are able to make "Access-Accept" packet. But the SSH or Telnet client is not able to login to the system with the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ImpeccableCode
0 Replies

2. AIX

AIX and radius authentication

We want to use RADIUS to authenticate our AIX server logins. Can anybody tell me how to set on AIX server up to use a Radius server to authenticate or point me to documentation on setting up AIX to use Radius to authenticate user login. Our problem is that we have a few users that access our... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: daveisme
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

Dial-up PPPoE + Radius authentication in LINUX

Hi All, I am configured radius authentication server and PPPoE in my Linux systems. It is not work.. Kindly help me how to configure pppoe server to authenticate the clients via radius it is working in UNIX FreeBSD for the same not working in linux. Can you have any configuration... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thakshina
0 Replies

4. Red Hat

RADIUS server for SSH authorization

Good day to anyone. I need your help. I want to create a centralization server for authorization my users via SSH connections. My manager suggested me a RADIUS + PAM, but frankly speaking I read a lot information about these and understood one thing - RADIUS could work only with password... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jess_t03
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why use RADIUS for authentication as there are many ways to do it ?

I guess I probably ask a dumb question but why use RADIUS for authentication as there are many ways to do it, as authentication is basically a user/password check? What is the benifit(s) of using it ? Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: qiulang
3 Replies
HOSTAPD(8)							      hostapd								HOSTAPD(8)

NAME
hostapd - IEEE 802.11 AP, IEEE 802.1X/WPA/WPA2/EAP/RADIUS Authenticator SYNOPSIS
hostapd [-hdBKtv] [-P <PID file>] <configuration file(s)> DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the hostapd daemon. hostapd is a user space daemon for access point and authentication servers. It implements IEEE 802.11 access point management, IEEE 802.1X/WPA/WPA2/EAP Authenticators and RADIUS authentication server. The current version supports Linux (Host AP, madwifi, mac80211-based drivers) and FreeBSD (net80211). hostapd is designed to be a "daemon" program that runs in the background and acts as the backend component controlling authentication. hostapd supports separate frontend programs and an example text-based frontend, hostapd_cli, is included with hostapd. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. For a complete description, run hostapd from the command line. -h Show usage. -d Show more debug messages. -dd Show even more debug messages. -B Run daemon in the background. -P <PID file> Path to PID file. -K Include key data in debug messages. -t Include timestamps in some debug messages. -v Show hostapd version. SEE ALSO
hostapd_cli(1). AUTHOR
hostapd was written by Jouni Malinen <j@w1.fi>. This manual page was written by Faidon Liambotis <faidon@cube.gr>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). hostapd April 7, 2005 HOSTAPD(8)