Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming help on compiling a C program on Tiger Post 302162336 by cleansing_flame on Monday 28th of January 2008 09:00:06 PM
Old 01-28-2008
help on compiling a C program on Tiger

here is the very simple bob.c:

main()
{
printf("hello");
}

i use tiger and i use the command:
gcc bob.c

and the end result:

bob.c: In function ‘main':
bob.c:3: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function /‘printf'

any help appreciated, i'm just starting up, hopefully thanks in advance

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Error Compiling C program

Hi All, I tried to compile a C program but i am getting error while Linking . it says Undefined reference to ' ' (here it gives a method name which is defined Globally ). Can any body tell the resaon and remedy for the same . Iam stuck up here . Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivek
3 Replies

2. Programming

Compiling a program

Hello. I am trying to run a c program on a unix shell (ssh). I have searched this forum but have not come accross the soultion to my problem, so I am posting my question here :cool: I wrote the following simple code: #include <iostream.h> using namespace std; int main() { ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Minnesota Red
7 Replies

3. Programming

Problem compiling program

hi i am having a problem that when ever i use cc program_name.c to compile a program. an error occurs, showing cc not found. please help. (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: rochitsharma
28 Replies

4. Programming

Compiling a C program

Help I know nothing about c programming. :confused: I want to compile the below c program. It extracts data from an oracle database into csv files. I have oracle 9206 installed with ProC. I dont have gcc My question is. How the hell do I make this into an file I can run? I am pulling... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooploo
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Compiling and Running C Program on Solaris

Hello Guys, I am using Solaris Developer Express Edition 9/07, I am a beginner. Please tell me how to compile and execute a C program. Please give me your answers clearly, for the compilers cc,c89,c99. please....... reply to me. I not getting the answer anywhere.. Advance... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: selva_ss
2 Replies

6. Programming

Problem with Compiling C on Tiger

I've downloaded Xcode and i've done : which "gcc" which "ggc-4.0" and which "c99" all were found in /usr/bin/ however with the script #include <stdio.h> main() { printf("hello, world\n"); } and when I, in command line use the command while in my home dir: gcc cprog.c -o cprog (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleansing_flame
4 Replies

7. Programming

compiling c program in unix

if somebody can help me pls. i need the source code for a shell which compiles C or java programs in unix i need a very short and simple one, just the compiling part Respect (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zlatan005
2 Replies

8. Programming

Problems compiling OpenStep program.

I use Ubuntu 10.4, and I installed GNUStep, Gorm (a gui builder) and ProjectCenter (the GNU alternative to Xcode) because I want to develop Objective-C apps. I opened the ProjectCenter and I created an application that displays only an empty window. I sourced the GNUstep.sh and I compiled the app. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
0 Replies

9. Programming

compiling old C program in Linux.

Hello, I am writing to ask for support about compiling an very old but famous C-progam for genetics study called MapMaker/QTL, and the source code is available from MIT: http://www.broadinstitute.org/ftp/distribution/software/mapmaker3/The program was originally designed for systems like SunOS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yifangt
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Error compiling program with extension .c

good morning, I have 64-bit DB2 V9.7 AIX 7.1.0.0 I am compiling a C program, when running cc-I / rutadb2/include-c programa.c this error. ksh: cc: not found. how I can check if I have installed the C compiler? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much and best regards. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: systemoper
2 Replies
Net::XMPP::Roster(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				      Net::XMPP::Roster(3)

NAME
Net::XMPP::Roster - XMPP Roster Object SYNOPSIS
Net::XMPP::Roster is a module that provides a developer an easy interface to an XMPP roster. It provides high level functions to query, update, and manage a user's roster. DESCRIPTION
The Roster object seeks to provide an easy to use API for interfacing with a user's roster. When you instantiate it, it automatically registers with the connection to receivce the correct packets so that it can track all roster updates, and presence packets. Basic Functions my $Client = new Net::XMPP::Client(...); my $Roster = new Net::XMPP::Roster(connection=>$Client); or my $Roster = $Client->Roster(); $Roster->clear(); if ($Roster->exists('bob@jabber.org')) { ... } if ($Roster->exists(Net::XMPP::JID)) { ... } if ($Roster->groupExists("Friends")) { ... } my @groups = $Roster->groups(); my @jids = $Roster->jids(); my @friends = $Roster->jids("group","Friends"); my @unfiled = $Roster->jids("nogroup"); if ($Roster->online('bob@jabber.org')) { ... } if ($Roster->online(Net::XMPP::JID)) { ... } my %hash = $Roster->query('bob@jabber.org'); my %hash = $Roster->query(Net::XMPP::JID); my $name = $Roster->query('bob@jabber.org',"name"); my $ask = $Roster->query(Net::XMPP::JID,"ask"); my $resource = $Roster->resource('bob@jabber.org'); my $resource = $Roster->resource(Net::XMPP::JID); my %hash = $Roster->resourceQuery('bob@jabber.org',"Home"); my %hash = $Roster->resourceQuery(Net::XMPP::JID,"Club"); my $show = $Roster->resourceQuery('bob@jabber.org',"Home","show"); my $status = $Roster->resourceQuery(Net::XMPP::JID,"Work","status"); my @resource = $Roster->resources('bob@jabber.org'); my @resource = $Roster->resources(Net::XMPP::JID); $Roster->resourceStore('bob@jabber.org',"Home","gpgkey",key); $Roster->resourceStore(Net::XMPP::JID,"logged on","2004/04/07 ..."); $Roster->store('bob@jabber.org',"avatar",avatar); $Roster->store(Net::XMPP::JID,"display_name","Bob"); Advanced Functions These functions are only needed if you want to manually control the Roster. $Roster->add('bob@jabber.org', name=>"Bob", groups=>["Friends"] ); $Roster->add(Net::XMPP::JID); $Roster->addResource('bob@jabber.org', "Home", show=>"dnd", status=>"Working" ); $Roster->addResource(Net::XMPP::JID,"Work"); $Roster->remove('bob@jabber.org'); $Roster->remove(Net::XMPP::JID); $Roster->removeResource('bob@jabber.org',"Home"); $Roster->removeResource(Net::XMPP::JID,"Work"); $Roster->handler(Net::XMPP::IQ); $Roster->handler(Net::XMPP::Presence); METHODS
Basic Functions new(connection=>object) - This creates and initializes the Roster object. The connection object is required so that the Roster can interact with the main connection object. It needs to be an object that inherits from Net::XMPP::Connection. clear() - removes everything from the database. exists(jid) - return 1 if the JID exists in the database, undef otherwise. The jid can either be a string, or a Net::XMPP::JID object. groupExists(group) - return 1 if the group exists in the database, undef otherwise. groups() - returns a list of all of the roster groups. jids([type, - returns a list of all of the matching JIDs. The valid [group]]) types are: all - return all JIDs in the roster. (default) nogroup - return all JIDs not in a roster group. group - return all of the JIDs in the specified roster group. online(jid) - return 1 if the JID is online, undef otherwise. The jid can either be a string, or a Net::XMPP::JID object. query(jid, - return a hash representing all of the data in the [key]) DB for this JID. The jid can either be a string, or a Net::XMPP::JID object. If you specify a key, then only the value for that key is returned. resource(jid) - return the string representing the resource with the highest priority for the JID. The jid can either be a string, or a Net::XMPP::JID object. resourceQuery(jid, - return a hash representing all of the data resource, the DB for the resource for this JID. The [key]) jid can either be a string, or a Net::XMPP::JID object. If you specify a key, then only the value for that key is returned. resources(jid) - returns the list of resources for the JID in order of highest priority to lowest priority. The jid can either be a string, or a Net::XMPP::JID object. resourceStore(jid, - store the specified value in the DB under resource, the specified key for the resource for this key, JID. The jid can either be a string, or a value) Net::XMPP::JID object. store(jid, - store the specified value in the DB under the key, specified key for this JID. The jid can either value) be a string, or a Net::XMPP::JID object. Advanced Functions add(jid, - Manually adds the JID to the Roster with the ask=>string, specified roster item settings. This does not groups=>arrayref handle subscribing to other users, only name=>string, manipulating the Roster object. The jid subscription=>string) can either be a string or a Net::XMPP::JID. addResource(jid, - Manually add the resource to the JID in the resource, Roster with the specified presence settings. priority=>int, This does not handle subscribing to other show=>string, users, only manipulating the Roster object. status=>string) The jid can either be a string or a Net::XMPP::JID. remove(jid) - Removes all reference to the JID from the Roster object. The jid can either be a string or a Net::XMPP::JID. removeResource(jid, - Removes the resource from the jid in the resource) Roster object. The jid can either be a string or a Net::XMPP::JID. handler(packet) - Take either a Net::XMPP::IQ or Net::XMPP::Presence packet and parse them according to the rules of the Roster object. Note, that it will only waste CPU time if you pass in IQs or Presences that are not roster related. AUTHOR
Ryan Eatmon COPYRIGHT
This module is free software, you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the LGPL. perl v5.12.1 2010-07-05 Net::XMPP::Roster(3)