Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Unix Shell Script with output to CSV File Post 302162251 by jim mcnamara on Monday 28th of January 2008 12:18:30 PM
Old 01-28-2008
add double quotes around the numeric field so it is translated as a text value by Excel.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exporting data as a CSV file from Unix shell script

Friends...This is the first time i am trying the report generation using shell script... any suggestions are welcome. Is there a way to set the font size & color when i am exporting the data from unix shell script as a CSV file ? The following sample data is saved as a .csv file in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: appu2176
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

SQL Script's output to a CSV file

I need to call and execute an SQL script within a KSH script and get the output/extracted data into a CSV file. Is there any way to get the out put in a CSV file other than spooling ? I tried spooling. Problem is if there is any wrning/comment/Error they all will be spooled into the csv file. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriranga
4 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Auto correct a csv file using UNIX shell script.

Hi All, There are list of 4-5 .csv files which has 12 columns.In some cases one of the record is split into 2 records. What needs to be done is this split record has to be auto corrected and placed in the csv file. Eg: Let us consider sample.csv file and in normal conditions the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthik_ak
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Auto correct a csv file using UNIX shell script.

Hi All, There are list of 4-5 .csv files which has 12 columns.In some cases one of the record is split into 2 records. What needs to be done is this split record has to be auto corrected and placed in the csv file. Eg: Let us consider sample.csv file and in normal conditions the file would... (40 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthik_ak
40 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to extract UNIX output to excel CSV file?

Hi guys - I have a file and output like this below: File: myfile.dat File has content like this: ABCD, 34, 456, 2324 I would like excel to have this: Name (ABCD) Quantity (34), Type (456), Status (2324) (Name, Quantity, Type and Status are columns) I would like to export... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DallasT
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read csv file, convert the data and make one text file in UNIX shell scripting

I have input data looks like this which is a part of a csv file 7,1265,76548,"0102:04" 8,1266,76545,"0112:04" I need to make the output data should look like this and the output data will be part of text file: 7|1265000 |7654899 |A| 8|12660000 |76545999 |B| The logic behind the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJG
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Shell Scrip in Masking particular columns in .csv file or .txt file using shell script

Hello Unix Shell Script Experts, I have a script that would mask the columns in .csv file or .txt file. First the script will untar the .zip files from Archive folder and processes into work folder and finally pushes the masked .csv files into Feed folder. Two parameters are passed ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mahesh G
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Not able to write SQL query output in to .csv file with shell script.

I am trying to write SQL query output into a .csv file. But in the output columns are displaying in different lines instead of coming in one line. Main Code shell script: this is my code: #!/bin/bash file="db_detail.txt" . $file rm /batch/corpplan/bin/dan.csv... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeepgoli53
6 Replies

9. Programming

Python or Shell script to Grep strings from input file and output in csv format

Hi Experts, I am writing a python script to grep string from file and display output in csv file as in attached screenshot https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gfUUdfmQma33tz65NskThYDhkZUGQO0H/view Input file(result_EPFT_config_device) Below is the python script i have prepared as of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: as7951
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk and sed script to create one output CSV file

Hi All , I would require your help to generate one output file after post processing of one CSV file as stated below This file is just a small cut from a big file . Big file is having 20000 lines PATTERN,pat0,pat1,pat2,pat3,pat4,pat5,pat6,pat7,pat8,pat9... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kshitij
2 Replies
DBD::File(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					      DBD::File(3)

NAME
DBD::File - Base class for writing DBI drivers SYNOPSIS
This module is a base class for writing other DBDs. It is not intended to function as a DBD itself. If you want to access flatfiles, use DBD::AnyData, or DBD::CSV, (both of which are subclasses of DBD::File). DESCRIPTION
The DBD::File module is not a true DBI driver, but an abstract base class for deriving concrete DBI drivers from it. The implication is, that these drivers work with plain files, for example CSV files or INI files. The module is based on the SQL::Statement module, a simple SQL engine. See DBI for details on DBI, SQL::Statement for details on SQL::Statement and DBD::CSV or DBD::IniFile for example drivers. Metadata The following attributes are handled by DBI itself and not by DBD::File, thus they all work like expected: Active ActiveKids CachedKids CompatMode (Not used) InactiveDestroy Kids PrintError RaiseError Warn (Not used) The following DBI attributes are handled by DBD::File: AutoCommit Always on ChopBlanks Works NUM_OF_FIELDS Valid after "$sth-"execute> NUM_OF_PARAMS Valid after "$sth-"prepare> NAME Valid after "$sth-"execute>; undef for Non-Select statements. NULLABLE Not really working, always returns an array ref of one's, as DBD::CSV doesn't verify input data. Valid after "$sth-"execute>; undef for Non-Select statements. These attributes and methods are not supported: bind_param_inout CursorName LongReadLen LongTruncOk Additional to the DBI attributes, you can use the following dbh attribute: f_dir This attribute is used for setting the directory where CSV files are opened. Usually you set it in the dbh, it defaults to the current directory ("."). However, it is overwritable in the statement handles. f_ext This attribute is used for setting the file extension where (CSV) files are opened. There are several possibilities. DBI:CSV:f_dir=data;f_ext=.csv In this case, DBD::File will open only "table.csv" if both "table.csv" and "table" exist in the datadir. The table will still be named "table". If your datadir has files with extensions, and you do not pass this attribute, your table is named "table.csv", which is probably not what you wanted. The extension is always case-insensitive. The table names are not. DBI:CSV:f_dir=data;f_ext=.csv/r In this case the extension is required, and all filenames that do not match are ignored. f_schema This will set the schema name. Default is the owner of the folder in which the table file resides. "undef" is allowed. my $dbh = DBI->connect ("dbi:CSV:", "", "", { f_schema => undef, f_dir => "data", f_ext => ".csv/r", }) or die $DBI::errstr; The effect is that when you get table names from DBI, you can force all tables into the same (or no) schema: my @tables $dbh->tables (); # no f_schema "merijn".foo "merijn".bar # f_schema => "dbi" "dbi".foo "dbi".bar # f_schema => undef foo bar Driver private methods data_sources The "data_sources" method returns a list of subdirectories of the current directory in the form "DBI:CSV:f_dir=$dirname". If you want to read the subdirectories of another directory, use my ($drh) = DBI->install_driver ("CSV"); my (@list) = $drh->data_sources (f_dir => "/usr/local/csv_data" ); list_tables This method returns a list of file names inside $dbh->{f_dir}. Example: my ($dbh) = DBI->connect ("DBI:CSV:f_dir=/usr/local/csv_data"); my (@list) = $dbh->func ("list_tables"); Note that the list includes all files contained in the directory, even those that have non-valid table names, from the view of SQL. KNOWN BUGS
o The module is using flock () internally. However, this function is not available on all platforms. Using flock () is disabled on MacOS and Windows 95: There's no locking at all (perhaps not so important on MacOS and Windows 95, as there's a single user anyways). AUTHOR
This module is currently maintained by H.Merijn Brand < h.m.brand at xs4all.nl > and Jens Rehsack < rehsack at googlemail.com > The original author is Jochen Wiedmann. COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2009 by H.Merijn Brand & Jens Rehsack Copyright (C) 2004 by Jeff Zucker Copyright (C) 1998 by Jochen Wiedmann All rights reserved. You may freely distribute and/or modify this module under the terms of either the GNU General Public License (GPL) or the Artistic License, as specified in the Perl README file. SEE ALSO
DBI, Text::CSV, Text::CSV_XS, SQL::Statement perl v5.12.1 2009-06-05 DBD::File(3)