Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: replace the last delimiter
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting replace the last delimiter Post 302162135 by jisha on Monday 28th of January 2008 05:26:59 AM
Old 01-28-2008
thanks a lot for the answer quintet
It worked out perfect
Js

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace delimiter : with '\001' in unix data file

HI can any one tell me how to replace a delimiter : with another delimiter '\001' it is a non printable octal character. thanks in adv spandu (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: spandu
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace space with delimiter in whole file -perl

Hi I have a file which have say about 100,000 records.. the records in it look like Some kind of text 1234567891 abcd February 14, 2008 03:58:54 AM lmnop This is how it looks.. if u notice there is a 2byte space between each column.. and im planning to replace that with '|' .. ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: meghana
11 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to search delimiter tab in a line and replace it

hi every one plz help me i want to search for a line contains tabspace This is a line The should be changed see the above line is seperated with tab space i want to replace that tab space in to # as This is a line#The should be changed i have tried with... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kkraja
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count delimiter and replace

Hi, I have below sample data file. I want to count the delimiter no of times repeated and replace with new line characters. The new line characters appear somtimes in between of the records and end of the record: input file: jack;1500;manager;boston\n jim;2000;\n developer;texas\n... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsubha
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace spaces/tabs with delimiter |

Hi, I'm looking for a command that replaces spaces/tabs with pipe symbol and store the result to the same file instead of routing it to another file. infile outfile Thanks. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: dvah
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace comma delimiter by newline

The input file is as below AR,age,marks,roll,section,evin,25,80,456,A,atch,23,56,789,B,eena,24 ,78H245,C,Ps,ot,ecessary,hat,ame comes first then age and rest AR AZ,kevin,25,80,456,A,Satch,23,56,789,Satch,23,56,789,B,Meena,24,78,H245,C,AZ ................ ................ I am writting... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to replace particular occurrence of character in between a delimiter?

Hi, Hi, I have a file with following format 1|" "text " around " |" fire "guest"|" " 2| "xyz"" | "no guest"|"3" 3| """ test3""| "one" guest"|"4" My requirement is to replace all occurrences of " to ' which are occurring between |" "|delimiter so my output should look like this 1|"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: H_bansal
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace specific column delimiter

Hi All, I have a file with a pipe delimiter. I need to replace the delimiter with html tags. I managed to get all the delimiters replaced along with first and last but the requirement is that I need to change 7th delimiter with slight change. File1: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shash
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace CRLF between pipe (|) delimiter with LF

Hi Folks! Need a solution for the following :- Source data ------------- 123|123|<CRLF><CRLF><CRLF>|321<CRLF> Required output ------------------ 123|123|<LF><LF><LF>|321<CRLF> <CRLF> represents carriage return <LF> represents line feed Being hunting high and low for a... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: hishamzz
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to identify delimiter to find and replace a string with sed?

I need to find and replace a date format in a SQL script with sed. The original lines are like this: ep.begin_date, ep.end_date, ep.facility_code, AND ep.begin_date <= '01-JUL-2019' ep.begin_date, ep.end_date, ep.facility_code, AND ... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: duke0001
15 Replies
METADATA(1)							   User Commands						       METADATA(1)

NAME
MAT - Metadata Anonymisation Toolkit SYNOPSIS
mat [options] files mat-gui DESCRIPTION
The Metadata Anonymisation Toolkit is a lib (with a CLI and a GUI) created to anonymise file's metadata. In essence, metadata answer who, what, when, where, why, and how about every face of the data that are being documented. They can be a risk for privacy. OPTIONS
-h, --help show this help message and exit -a, --add2archive Add to outputed archive non-supported filetypes -b, --backup Keep a backup copy -c, --check Check if a file is free of harmful metadatas -d, --display List all the harmful meta of a file without removing them -f, --force Don't check if files are clean before cleaning -l, --list List all supported fileformat -v, --version Display version and exit EXAMPLES
mat --display mydocument.pdf Display the mydocument.pdf's harmful metadata mat --check *.jpg Check all the jpg images from the current folder NOTES
MAT only process metadata, it does not handle file data. Blame yourself if you are traced back because of the data of your files. MAT is not perfect : In most of the cases, a forensic expert with a lot of time can trace back your document. If you want absolute privacy, use plain-text. AUTHOR
Julien (jvoisin) Voisin <pouicpouicpouic@gmail.com>, during the GSoC 2011 BUGS
MAT does not handle watermaking/tattoo for now. SEE ALSO
exiftool, hachoir-metadata Metadata Anonymisation Toolkit August 2011 METADATA(1)