Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Use awk to create new folder in current directory Post 302161999 by shamrock on Sunday 27th of January 2008 01:51:18 PM
Old 01-27-2008
Code:
awk '{"mkdir iat_exp" | getline; print stuff}' inputfile > iat_exp/outputfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

create directory named current date

Since this site solved my problems before, I am back for more (solutions) I down load via a script every day a file that has the same name as the file of the day before. I want to move that file to its own directory like: /archive/jul30 How do I capture the systems date in a script an... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: flowrats
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding files in current directory when 100,000's files in current directory

Hi All I was wondering what is the most efficient way to find files in the current directory(that may contain 100,000's files), that meets a certain specified file type and of a certain age. I have experimented with the find command in unix but it also searches all sub directories. I have... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kewong007
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create a directory using current date

Hi, I have a question, is there any way I can, when i create a directory, put the current date on it so that the directory name will be "name-current date"? just curious (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aric87
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Zip recursive content of folder when (not current directory=

Hi, Is there a way to zip the content (recursively) of a folder other then the current directory, and keep the directory structure intact? Example: /var/tmp/myfolder ----------------- file1 ----------------- file2 ----------------- folder1 ------------------------ file3 Now I want... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimih
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a directory named as the current date

I am preparing a shell script to backup a few config files on a daily basis, with a retention of 30 days. Need some help with syntax/examples: The shell script (running as cron) would require the following: 1. create a sub-directory within a specified (backup) directory, in the format... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: FeNiCrC_Neil
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

current directory in awk

Hello, I want to use the string with the current directory in my awk command. I tried: 'pwd=system("pwd")' but it doesn't work. can please help somebody? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daWonderer
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a folder under different user directory

Hello All, I have to write a shell script and use it in informatica. The script has to perform below actions: The script gets executed from edw user. Through the script, a DT folder has to be created under edw_sca user. Is this scenario possible through a SHELL script or not. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bghosh
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to create link, download, and extract in sub-directory

The awk below will create sub-directories in a directory (which is always the last line of file1, each block separated by an empty line), if the number in line 2 (always the first 6 digits in the format xx-xxxx) of file2 is found in $2 of file1. This is the current awk output. If there is a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create directory and sub-directory with awk and bash

In the below I am trying to create a parent directory using the R_2019 line from f1 if what above it is not empty. I then create sub-directories under each parent if there is a match between $2 of f1 and $2. Inside each sub-folder the matching paths in $3 and $4 in f2are printed. If there is no... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash to check directory and create missing folder from file

In the below bash I am trying to ensure that all folders (represented by $folders) in a given directory are created. In the file f1 the trimmed folder will be there somewhere (will be multiple trimmed folders). When that trimmed folder is found (represented by $S5) the the contents of $2 printed... (19 Replies)
19 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)