Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sed for this awk command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed for this awk command Post 302161866 by fpmurphy on Saturday 26th of January 2008 03:30:17 PM
Old 01-26-2008
Also can be written as

Code:
sed "/$getsn/{N;d;}" file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What do you know about the Sed and Awk command??

I just need some information on what they can be use for and whatever else there is. anything you know, state here (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TRUEST
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Sed or AWK command!!!

Hi, I need help with Sed or AWk command.i want to remove all the numerals from the file name.These files are stored within a text file and after the numerals are removed,i need to redirect its output to another new .txt file. Input: aa_1002985_952.xml aa_bb_032207.txt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarsaravana_s
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk/sed Command : Parse parameter file / send the lines to the ksh export command

Sorry for the duplicate thread this one is similar to the one in https://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/88132-awk-sed-script-read-values-parameter-files.html#post302255121 Since there were no responses on the parent thread since it got resolved partially i thought to open the new... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_san
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interpret sed and awk in the below command.

Could you interpret the following sed and awk command for me? command: cat tempfile2 |sed "s/\(BUILD-3-.*-\.-\)\(.*\..*\..*\)/\2/" | awk '{printf "%-8.8s %-23.23s %-30.30s %-50.50s\n", $1,$2,$3,substr($0,index($0,$4))}' > outfile2 2>/dev/null input:data in tempfile2... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vj8436
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED/AWK command

Hi All, I have a file which has following lines : - Deploy XXX application <server-address> - info <server-address> - Deploy XXX application <server-address> - info <server-address> - Deploy XXX application <server-address> - info <server-address> I want output like this way in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhaskar_m
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command line - awk, sed

My input file gfile values is CTRY=GM&PROJTYPE=SP&PROJECTTYPE=Small+Project If i am giving PROJECTTYPE then it must give Small Project awk -F"&" '{for (i=1; i<=NF; i++) if ($i ~ "^"PAT) {sub ("^"PAT"=", "", $i); sed 's/'+'/""/' $i ; print $i }}' PAT=$1 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk giving error ./sample.sh: line 13: sed: command not found

Hi, I am running a script sample.sh in bash environment .In the script i am using sed and awk commands which when executed individually from terminal they are getting executed normally but when i give these sed and awk commands in the script it is giving the below errors :- ./sample.sh: line... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishmallidi
12 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with sed/awk command

Dear ALL, I am still struggling with some basic sed operations. I want to change path in a file as shown below: case_OM = PV4Reader( FileName='/home/linuxUser/demoCases/s1/case/case.OM' ) to case_OM = PV4Reader( FileName='/home/linuxUser/demoCases/s2/case/case.OM' ) In this file there... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxUser_
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with sed/awk command

Dear all, I have a file named as fileName with following entities, functions { planeDictName { type surfaces; functionObjectLibs ( "libsampling.so" ); outputControl timeStep; surfaceFormat vtk; fields ( p U ); ... (42 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxUser_
42 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sed/awk command

Hi All, This is my first thread. Hopefully you guys can help me out. I have a csv file, that provides access to managers to a tool. The file is loaded onto our server containing all the assc id's with a trailing comma. For ex: 182950, 123456, However, we receive a file that... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prateek Dubey
8 Replies
rumakeindex(1)							       teTeX							    rumakeindex(1)

NAME
rumakeindex - process a LaTeX index using Russian Cyrillic characters SYNOPSIS
rumakeindex basename DESCRIPTION
rumakeindex is used to run makeindex(1) on idx files that use Russian characters. It is part of the T2 package. rumakeindex runs sed(1) on the idx file to convert Cyrillic character commands to 8-bit ASCII characters; pipes the results through makein- dex(1); and then through tr(1) to do some final conversions. The results are placed in a KOI8-R encoded ind file. FILES
basename.idx LaTeX index entry file basename.ilg LaTeX index log file basename.ind LaTeX processed index file BUGS
None known, but report any bugs found to the authors. COPYRIGHT
The T2 package is Copyright 1997-1999 Werner Lemberg, Vladimir Volovich and any individual authors listed elsewhere in package files. It may be distributed under the conditions of the LaTeX Project Public License, either version 1.1 of this license or (at your option) any later version. SEE ALSO
makeindex(1), sed(1), tr(1), <ftp://ftp.vsu.ru/pub/tex/T2/README>. AUTHOR
Werner Lemberg <wl@gnu.org>, Vladimir Volovich <TeX@vvv.vsu.ru>. This manual page was written by C.M. Connelly <c@eskimo.com>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system. It may be used by other distributions with- out contacting the author. Any mistakes or omissions in the manual page are my fault; inquiries about or corrections to this manual page should be directed to me (and not to the primary author). teTeX September 2000 rumakeindex(1)