Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Replacement of sed with perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replacement of sed with perl Post 302161721 by KevinADC on Friday 25th of January 2008 03:56:41 PM
Old 01-25-2008
see your other thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacement using sed

Hi I have the following file that i need to run a sed command on 1<tab>running 2<tab>running 3<tab>running 4<tab>running I want to be able to replace a line i.e the second one with '2<tab>failed'. As the first number is unique that can be used to search for the relevant line (using ^2 i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: handak9
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

String Replacement with Perl

I want to replace a string within a file using perl. We have a line that gets commented out, and I want to replace that line now matter how it was commented out. for example, I'd want to replace ###ES=PR1A with ES=PR1A or ##LJW(9/16/26)ES=PR1A with ES=PR1A I tried: perl... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lindarella
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Replacement for sed

Hi Can anyone provide me the replacement of sed with xargs perl syntax for the below sed -e :a -e '/;$/!N;s/\n//; ta' -e 's/;$//' This should be without looping has to take minimal time for search (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbsurf
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacement for eval in Perl??????

I used the eval command in shell programming for assigning a value to a stored value of a variable. Example: VAR="Unix_Id" eval $VAR="101" eval echo $"$VAR" How can i assign a value to a stored value of a variable in perl OR how i can write above code in Perl? I need your help... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunal_dixit
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacement of sentence in perl

Hi, I have 3 arrays: @arr1=("Furthermore, apigenin treatment increased the level of association of the RNA binding protein HuR with endogenous p53 mRNA","one of the mechanisms by which apigenin induces p53 protein expression is enhancement of translation through the RNA binding protein... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanitham
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP Need in SED/PERL conditional line replacement

Hi , I need some help on perl/sed conditional replacement The situation is like below . I have a file contents like below . AAA|BBB|CCC|DDD AAA|BCF|CCC|HHH AAA|BVF|JJJ|KKK Here in the above file . I know my second column value (taking "|" as my delimited ) Basically I have to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: robin.r888
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sed replacement

This seems like it should be an easy problem, but I'm a noob and I can't figure it out. I'm trying to use sed, but would be happy to use anything that does the job. I am trying to trim off a fixed number of unknown characters from 2 different : delimited fields while keeping the intervening... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: helix_w
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacement with sed

I am trying to replace the line which has string "tablespace" not case senstive.... with below simple script: mysrcipt.sh sed "s/.*/TABLESPACE USERS/g" create_table > tmp mv tmp create_table Is there any better way to do it? If Search string tooooooo long it will be tough to code in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganeshd
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED replacement

Hi, i have a file with lines, file.txt ------- test is fun testing is better I need to replace 'test' to 'develop' and i used, a=test b=develop sed "s,$a,$b,g" -------- but i see the word 'testing' is also replaced. Need some solution. Is there any way i could replace only 'test' ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: giri_luck
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Word replacement in Perl

I have the following string : Cat dog fox catepillar bear foxy I need to replace "cat" and "fox" words from this sentence to word "animal" I do the following: $Str1="cat"; $Str2="fox"; $NewStr="animal"; open(F1, "<$inputFile") or die "Error: $!"; open(F2, ">$outputFile") or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AIX_30
1 Replies
iv_thread(3)						    ivykis programmer's manual						      iv_thread(3)

NAME
iv_thread_create, iv_thread_set_debug_state - ivykis thread convenience functions SYNOPSIS
#include <iv_thread.h> int iv_thread_create(char *name, void (*start_routine)(void *), void *arg); void iv_thread_set_debug_state(int state); DESCRIPTION
iv_thread_create is a wrapper around pthread_create(3) which will maintain an ivykis main loop reference in the calling thread (which must be an ivykis(3) thread, i.e. have had iv_init(3) called in it) for as long as the created thread is alive. Maintaining a reference on the calling thread's ivykis event loop makes sure that the calling thread will not return from its ivykis main loop before the created thread exits, as that could cause cleanup still happening in the created thread to be interrupted when the calling thread subsequently calls exit(3). The created thread need not be an ivykis thread. Enabling debugging by calling iv_thread_set_debug with a nonzero argument will print a debug message to standard error whenever a thread is created via iv_thread_create, whenever a thread so created terminates normally by returning from its start_routine, self-terminates by calling pthread_exit(3), or is successfully canceled by pthread_cancel(3), and whenever destruction of such a thread is signaled back to the calling thread. For inter-thread signaling, iv_thread uses iv_event(3). SEE ALSO
ivykis(3), iv_event(3), exit(3), pthread_cancel(3), pthread_create(3), pthread_exit(3) ivykis 2010-09-13 iv_thread(3)