Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Replacement of sed with perl
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Replacement of sed with perl Post 302161712 by jim mcnamara on Friday 25th of January 2008 03:21:04 PM
Old 01-25-2008
how about sed:
Code:
sed -e :a -e '/$;/N; s/\\\n//; s/$;//; ta'  oldfile > newfile

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacement using sed

Hi I have the following file that i need to run a sed command on 1<tab>running 2<tab>running 3<tab>running 4<tab>running I want to be able to replace a line i.e the second one with '2<tab>failed'. As the first number is unique that can be used to search for the relevant line (using ^2 i... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: handak9
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

String Replacement with Perl

I want to replace a string within a file using perl. We have a line that gets commented out, and I want to replace that line now matter how it was commented out. for example, I'd want to replace ###ES=PR1A with ES=PR1A or ##LJW(9/16/26)ES=PR1A with ES=PR1A I tried: perl... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lindarella
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Replacement for sed

Hi Can anyone provide me the replacement of sed with xargs perl syntax for the below sed -e :a -e '/;$/!N;s/\n//; ta' -e 's/;$//' This should be without looping has to take minimal time for search (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbsurf
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacement for eval in Perl??????

I used the eval command in shell programming for assigning a value to a stored value of a variable. Example: VAR="Unix_Id" eval $VAR="101" eval echo $"$VAR" How can i assign a value to a stored value of a variable in perl OR how i can write above code in Perl? I need your help... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunal_dixit
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacement of sentence in perl

Hi, I have 3 arrays: @arr1=("Furthermore, apigenin treatment increased the level of association of the RNA binding protein HuR with endogenous p53 mRNA","one of the mechanisms by which apigenin induces p53 protein expression is enhancement of translation through the RNA binding protein... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanitham
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP Need in SED/PERL conditional line replacement

Hi , I need some help on perl/sed conditional replacement The situation is like below . I have a file contents like below . AAA|BBB|CCC|DDD AAA|BCF|CCC|HHH AAA|BVF|JJJ|KKK Here in the above file . I know my second column value (taking "|" as my delimited ) Basically I have to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: robin.r888
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with sed replacement

This seems like it should be an easy problem, but I'm a noob and I can't figure it out. I'm trying to use sed, but would be happy to use anything that does the job. I am trying to trim off a fixed number of unknown characters from 2 different : delimited fields while keeping the intervening... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: helix_w
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacement with sed

I am trying to replace the line which has string "tablespace" not case senstive.... with below simple script: mysrcipt.sh sed "s/.*/TABLESPACE USERS/g" create_table > tmp mv tmp create_table Is there any better way to do it? If Search string tooooooo long it will be tough to code in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ganeshd
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED replacement

Hi, i have a file with lines, file.txt ------- test is fun testing is better I need to replace 'test' to 'develop' and i used, a=test b=develop sed "s,$a,$b,g" -------- but i see the word 'testing' is also replaced. Need some solution. Is there any way i could replace only 'test' ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: giri_luck
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Word replacement in Perl

I have the following string : Cat dog fox catepillar bear foxy I need to replace "cat" and "fox" words from this sentence to word "animal" I do the following: $Str1="cat"; $Str2="fox"; $NewStr="animal"; open(F1, "<$inputFile") or die "Error: $!"; open(F2, ">$outputFile") or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AIX_30
1 Replies
srec_cosmac(5)							File Formats Manual						    srec_cosmac(5)

NAME
srec_cosmac - RCA Cosmac Elf file format DESCRIPTION
This file takes the form of one or more RCA Cosmac Elf monitor commands, also known as the IDIOT/4 monitor. Only the change memory command (!M) is allowed. The general form of the !M command takes the form !Maaaa dd ... dd The !M command writes data byte bytes (represented by character pairs dd) into successive memory locations, started at address aaaa. Spa- ces between data bytes are ignored. Using the comma (,) line continuation character resumes from the next address in sequence. !Maaaa dd ... dd, dd ... dd Using the semicolon (;) line continuation character takes an address on the next line !Maaaa dd ... dd; aaaa dd ... dd It is also possible to have the semicolon immediately after the command. !M; aaaa dd ... dd All of these forms may be used in combination. Size Multiplier In general, binary data will expand in size by approximately 2.0 times when represented with this format. EXAMPLE
Here is an example Cosmac file. It contains the data "Hello, World[rq] to be loaded at address 0x1000. !M1000 48656C6C6F2C20576F726C640A COPYRIGHT
srec_cat version 1.58 Copyright (C) 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Peter Miller The srec_cat program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; for details use the 'srec_cat -VERSion License' command. This is free software and you are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions; for details use the 'srec_cat -VERSion License' command. AUTHOR
Peter Miller E-Mail: pmiller@opensource.org.au //* WWW: http://miller.emu.id.au/pmiller/ Reference Manual SRecord srec_cosmac(5)