Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX Order process by consumed memory Post 302161686 by vbe on Friday 25th of January 2008 12:15:52 PM
Old 01-25-2008
Something like ?
e.g
ant:/home/vbe $ UNIX95=1 /usr/bin/ps -e -o vsz,args | /bin/sort -u -r | sed -n 2,6p
44040 dsmc sched
26772 /opt/hpws/apache/bin/httpd -d /opt/hpws/apache -k start
26132 /opt/hpws/apache/bin/httpd -d /opt/hpws/apache -k start
22588 /opt/java1.3/bin/../bin/PA_RISC2.0/native_threads/java -XdoClos
18228 PatrolAgent
ant:/home/vbe $

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

1. To know the Memory consumed by a process at a time

hello I am new to the UNIX I want to know what command is used 1.To know the Memory consumed by a process at a time . 2.To know the How many CPU's in a server. 3.To know the RAM size. 4.To know the Hard Disk size. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: maheshkoushik
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

the amount of memory consumed per user

Hi, under UNIX AIX how determine the amount of memory consumed per user ? Many thanks before. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: big123456
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Most time consumed process

Hi All, I have a simple question on unix command. Here, I need to find the most time consumed process running at present in my HP -UX server. Though it is possible through top command but to redirect the output I want the same done through some command like ps -aef. Also I need the user who... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sreejith_VK
2 Replies

4. Programming

How to deal with lots of data in memory in order not to run out of memory

Hi, I'm trying to learn how to manage memory when I have to deal with lots of data. Basically I'm indexing a huge file (5GB, but it can be bigger), by creating tables that holds offset <-> startOfSomeData information. Currently I'm mapping the whole file at once (yep!) but of course the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: emitrax
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I obtain the consumed memory of a process?

Hi!!! how can I obtain the consumed memory of a process? nowadays i'm using ps -efo pid, pmem, comm,args .... but the information is in percentage, is that correct? so, i want to know how can obtain the consumed memory of a process in mb? thanks in advance! Richard (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rcrutz_18
3 Replies

6. Solaris

[DOUBT] Memory high in idle process on Solaris 10 (Memory Utilization > 90%)

Hi Experts, Our servers running Solaris 10 with SAP Application. The memory utilization always >90%, but the process on SAP is too less even nothing. Why memory utilization on solaris always looks high? I have statement about memory on solaris, is this true: Memory in solaris is used for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edydsuranta
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Logging the memory consumed by a process with c/C++ without using proc

I need to log the size of physical/virtual memory consumed by any given given process using c/c++ code running on solaris and aix without using the proc filesystem. Please advise. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Manisha Paul
1 Replies

8. AIX

Process, PID and total memory consumed on AIX.

Hi, Below is the code snippet I use on Linux (Centos) to retrieve the Process Name, PID and memory consumed on Linux (Centos) host:- top -b -n 1 | awk -v date="$tdydate" -v ip="$ip" 'NR>7 {print date","ip","$12,","$1,","$10}' Any idea how the same can be retrieved on an AIX host? This... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vipin Batra
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command to check memory used or consumed by OS kernel

I am trying to check how much memory is consumed by OS Kernel using below command, Is this the correct command that I'm using grep Slab /proc/meminfo Output : Slab: 3106824 kB IF I convert KB to GB, It means 2.9 GB of RAM is consumed Below details for reference ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam@sam
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

For cycle, process order

Hello, I am running a script under ubuntu 16.04 I have no problem with the script. My question is general algorithm of for file command. I just need to know how for file in *.txt process works. Let's say, I wish to run the script by sorting filename: for file in *.txt do "do something in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: baris35
2 Replies
PLBIN(3plplot)							    PLplot API							    PLBIN(3plplot)

NAME
plbin - Plot a histogram from binned data SYNOPSIS
plbin(nbin, x, y, opt) DESCRIPTION
Plots a histogram consisting of nbin bins. The value associated with the i'th bin is placed in x[i], and the number of points in the bin is placed in y[i]. For proper operation, the values in x[i] must form a strictly increasing sequence. By default, x[i] is the left-hand edge of the i'th bin. If opt=PL_BIN_CENTRED is used, the bin boundaries are placed midway between the values in the x array. Also see plhist(3plplot) for drawing histograms from unbinned data. Redacted form: General: plbin(x, y, opt) Perl/PDL: plbin(nbin, x, y, opt) Python: plbin(nbin, x, y, opt) This function is not used in any examples. ARGUMENTS
nbin (PLINT, input) Number of bins (i.e., number of values in x and y arrays.) x (PLFLT *, input) Pointer to array containing values associated with bins. These must form a strictly increasing sequence. y (PLFLT *, input) Pointer to array containing number of points in bin. This is a PLFLT (instead of PLINT) array so as to allow histograms of proba- bilities, etc. opt (PLINT, input) Is a combination of several flags: opt=PL_BIN_DEFAULT: The x represent the lower bin boundaries, the outer bins are expanded to fill up the entire x-axis and bins of zero height are simply drawn. opt=PL_BIN_CENTRED|...: The bin boundaries are to be midway between the x values. If the values in x are equally spaced, the values are the center values of the bins. opt=PL_BIN_NOEXPAND|...: The outer bins are drawn with equal size as the ones inside. opt=PL_BIN_NOEMPTY|...: Bins with zero height are not drawn (there is a gap for such bins). AUTHORS
Geoffrey Furnish and Maurice LeBrun wrote and maintain PLplot. This man page was automatically generated from the DocBook source of the PLplot documentation, maintained by Alan W. Irwin and Rafael Laboissiere. SEE ALSO
PLplot documentation at http://plplot.sourceforge.net/resources. August, 2012 PLBIN(3plplot)