Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem with date command
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Problem with date command Post 302161683 by rochitsharma on Friday 25th of January 2008 12:09:10 PM
Old 01-25-2008
Problem with date command

Hi,

I wish to display date say 25th Jan, 2008 in format '25-1-2008'
i.e. month should be displayed as '1' and not '01'.
I wish that 0 should not be displayed in month.

Thanks
Rochit

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in making file name from date command

Dear all I am bit new to programming. I have to redirect the output to a file which will be in the following format man ls> date +"hup-%m%d%y-%H%M" --------> this will show me the month,day,year,hours and minute in a file name whose name start from "hup-" kindly any correct my syntax (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to get previous date from date command in ksh

I want to get previous date from date command. I am using ksh shell. Exmp: today is 2008.09.04 I want the result : 2008.09.03 Please help. Thanks in advance. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rinku
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with o/p of date command.......

Hii.. Everyone : I have 15 Sun Servers with Solaris-10, Now on some of the servers when I execuit the command "date" I get following o/p : # date Wed Sep 10 22:29:37 IST 2008 And on some of Servers I am getting : # date Wednesday, September 10, 2008 10:23:47 PM IST Kindly see... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashantshukla
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to obtain date and day of the week from `date` command

Hi, does anybody know how to format `date` command correctly to return the day of the week? Thanks -A I work in ksh.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron Job - date command problem

Hi I have one problem with cron job in Control Panel. I have a log file that is created once a day on another server and I need to transfer it in an exact time to my server so I wrote the cron job for it BUT the problem is in the date command: /filelog-`date +%Y-%m-%d`.tar.gz; The file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobo_balde
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with the date command

i cant seem to figure out why this isn't working: root@jlota-Box1:~# date "%b %d %H:%M %Y" --date "Feb 08 00:57 2014 EDT +1 min" date: invalid date ‘Feb 08 00:57 2014 EDT +1 min' OS: Linux (ubuntu,redhat,sunos) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find week of the year for given date using date command inside awk

Hi all, Need an urgent help on the below scenario. script: awk -F"," 'BEGIN { #some variable assignment} { #some calculation and put values in array} END { year=#getting it from array and assume this will be 2014 month=#getting it from array and this will be 05 date=#... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vijaidhas
7 Replies

8. HP-UX

HP/UX command to pull file name/date based on date

HI, Can anyone tell me how to pull the date and file name separated by a space using the find command or any other command. I want to look through several directories and based on a date timeframe (find -mtime -7), output the file name (without the path) and the date(in format mmddyyyy) to a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lnemitz
2 Replies

9. Linux

Problem with date command

Hello, Can anyone have an idea what is wrong with this code: $ YESTERDAY=$(date -d "yesterday" '+%Y-%m-%d 07:00:00') $ echo $YESTERDAY 2016-12-26 07:00:00 $ date -d '($YESTERDAY)' +"%s000" 1482793200000 1482793200000 is not correct, it should be: 1482732000000 Result when... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrz
2 Replies

10. HP-UX

awk command in hp UNIX subtract 30 days automatically from current date without date illegal option

current date command runs well awk -v t="$(date +%Y-%m-%d)" -F "'" '$1 < t' myname.dat subtract 30 days fails awk -v t="$(date --date="-30days" +%Y-%m-%d)" -F "'" '$1 < t' myname.dat awk command in hp unix subtract 30 days automatically from current date without date illegal option error... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmarcus
20 Replies
CAL(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    CAL(1)

NAME
cal -- displays a calendar SYNOPSIS
cal [-3hjry] [-A after] [-B before] [-d day-of-week] [-R reform-spec] [[month] year] DESCRIPTION
cal displays a simple calendar. If arguments are not specified, the current month is displayed. The options are as follows: -3 Same as ``-A 1 -B 1''. -A after Display after months after the specified month. -B before Display before months before the specified month. -d day-of-week Specifies the day of the week on which the calendar should start. Valid values are 0 through 6, presenting Sunday through Saturday, inclusively. The default output starts on Sundays. -h Highlight the current day, if present in the displayed calendar. If output is to a terminal, then the appropriate terminal sequences are used, otherwise overstriking is used. If more than one -h is used and output is to a terminal, the current date will be high- lighted in inverse video instead of bold. -j Display Julian dates (days one-based, numbered from January 1). -R reform-spec Selects an alternate Gregorian reform point from the default of September 3rd, 1752. The reform-spec can be selected by one of the built-in names (see NOTES for a list) or by a date of the form YYYY/MM/DD. The date and month may be omitted, provided that what is specified uniquely selects a given built-in reform point. If an exact date is specified, then that date is taken to be the first missing date of the Gregorian Reform to be applied. -r Display the month in which the Gregorian Reform adjustment was applied, if no other month or year information is given. If used in conjunction with -y, then the entire year is displayed. -y Display a calendar for the current year. If no parameters are specified, the current month's calendar is displayed. A single parameter specifies the year and optionally the month in ISO format: ``cal 2007-12'' Two parameters denote the month (1 - 12) and year. Note that the century must be included in the year. A year starts on Jan 1. NOTES
In the USA and Great Britain the Gregorian Reformation occurred in 1752. By this time, most countries had recognized the reformation (although a few did not recognize it until the 1900's.) Eleven days following September 2, 1752 were eliminated by the reformation, so the calendar for that month is a bit unusual. In view of the chaotic way the Gregorian calendar was adopted throughout the world in the years between 1582 and 1928 make sure to take into account the date of the Gregorian Reformation in your region if you are checking a calendar for a very old date. cal has a decent built-in list of Gregorian Reform dates and the names of the countries where the reform was adopted: Italy Oct. 5, 1582 Denmark Feb. 19, 1700 Spain Oct. 5, 1582 Great Britain Sep. 3, 1752 Portugal Oct. 5, 1582 Sweden Feb. 18, 1753 Poland Oct. 5, 1582 Finland Feb. 18, 1753 France Dec. 12, 1582 Japan Dec. 20, 1872 Luxembourg Dec. 22, 1582 China Nov. 7, 1911 Netherlands Dec. 22, 1582 Bulgaria Apr. 1, 1916 Bavaria Oct. 6, 1583 U.S.S.R. Feb. 1, 1918 Austria Jan. 7, 1584 Serbia Jan. 19, 1919 Switzerland Jan. 12, 1584 Romania Jan. 19, 1919 Hungary Oct. 22, 1587 Greece Mar. 10, 1924 Germany Feb. 19, 1700 Turkey Dec. 19, 1925 Norway Feb. 19, 1700 Egypt Sep. 18, 1928 The country known as Great Britain can also be referred to as England since that has less letters and no spaces in it. This is meant only as a measure of expediency, not as a possible slight to anyone involved. HISTORY
A cal command appeared in Version 6 AT&T UNIX. BSD
December 21, 2007 BSD