Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: System usage check
Operating Systems AIX System usage check Post 302161623 by DHoffman on Friday 25th of January 2008 08:46:05 AM
Old 01-25-2008
NMON (plus the NMON Analyzer) work very well for displaying and capturing system resource utilization both interactively and into a file for long-term monitoring. Both tools were created and supported by IBM employees

NMON is available at:

IBM Wikis - AIX 5L Wiki - nmon

Other tools at:

IBM Wikis - AIX 5L Wiki - Performance Other Tools

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Check the Disk usage Programmatically

Hi all, Do we have anyway to get the freediskspace for within a C program? I need functionality similar to 'df -h' -> which gives the % of utilization... Otherwise, if we go and use 'system ("df -h /home/myhome/")', do we have any way of capturing the output into a string and parse the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SriSri
2 Replies

2. Programming

how to use ioctl to check out memory usage

Hi all, I tried to output memory usage information while the process is executing at a particular time. I found out some people suggesting calling the ioctl. I followed it and wrote a test example: #include <unistd.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <iostream.h> #include <fcntl.h> #include... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lanchen
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

check cpu usage

Hi, Are there previous threads on perl scripts that check the cpu usage and send email whenever this exceeded a certain threshold? Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gholdbhurg
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to check RAM usage

Hi Guys, How can i check the RAM usage for a particular user on the Linux machine. What command can be used. Thanks in advance, Swapna (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Swapna173
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to check total disk usage ?

Hi.. What is the command to check total disk usage for specific directory in MG/GB/Byte ? As example i want to check disk usage for directory pproc ? Please help me.. Thank you, Baharin (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bh_hensem
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Check EOF char in Unix. OR To check file has been received completely from a remote system

Advance Thanks. (1) I would like to know any unix/Linux command to check EOF char in a file. (2) Or Any way I can check a file has been reached completely at machine B from machine A. Note that machine A ftp/scp the file to machine B at unknown time. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexalex1
5 Replies

8. Linux

how to check memory usage ?

hello, I have purchased VPS from one webhosting company. VPS comes with Virtuozzo power panel. It has 512MB gurranted RAM and dynamic RAM 2048 MB. I have hosted single domain with 50MB database and wordpress installation. But I am getting resource alerts. It goes sometime in yellow... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrugesh78
8 Replies

9. AIX

Script to check the memory usage in AIX

Hello Everyone, I'm looking for a efficient script that monitors the memory usage on AIX and send email alerts when it reaches certain point. Q) need to get alerts, when the memory usage exceed 90% on AIX? or Q) Need to get alerts when available free Memory is 1G or 10% etc Any idea... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Memory Usage check

Hello Friends, I need to check memory usage & availability before I could run a program if there is enough memory is left or not, so how could i achieve this? Which command output i should rely on? I have diplayed outputs of SAR, VMstat and PRstat commands below, But how could i check memory... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
8 Replies
CALADMIN(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					       CALADMIN(8)

NAME
caladmin -- Calendar Server Administrative Interface SYNOPSIS
caladmin [--c caldavd.plist] [--f format] [--help] [--o options] <command> DESCRIPTION
caladmin is an administrative tool for the Darwin Calendar Server. It provides several types of statistics for the Calendar Server and some common administrative operations. OPTIONS
--help Display usage information. -c, --config= Path to the configuration file for the server you wish to inspect or manipulate. -f, --format= The format you would like the output in. Common formats are 'plain' and 'plist'. -o, --option= Options for the formatter. COMMANDS
group user resource Each of these commands prints statistics for each user, group, or resource. Statistics may include but are not limited to, quota and disk usage statistics. purge This can be used to keep your store from becoming unnecessarily large by deleting old events. stats Generate some overall usage statistics for the server. logs Analyze the log file to gather even more. HISTORY
caladmin was first introduced as part of Darwin 9 and Mac OS 10.5. BUGS
This version of caladmin is still in development and testing. BSD
December 22, 2006 BSD