Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Arranging an array so that duplicates will turn up first Post 302161355 by Yogesh Sawant on Thursday 24th of January 2008 09:11:26 AM
Old 01-24-2008
if you are not a newbie to Perl, this will guide you to achieve what you want
edit: i was being paranoid here.

this may be more appropriate

Last edited by Yogesh Sawant; 01-24-2008 at 11:18 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arranging files

Hi all, This is program to identify and arrange programs(scripts) based on their she-bang values to a folder with the same name. The parts of mkdir and copy and creating problems.I also doubt the use of hash...maybe some problems in it. Please help out debugging this. Code pasted at: Paste... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivek788
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Re-arranging lines of text... help?

Hello, I am new to Linux, and I am learning slowly but for surely. I am trying to currently figure out how to go about re-arranging lines of text of a *.txt file... Like for example: Say pool.txt has 20 lines of text, and the last 5 lines of text I want to move to the top of the *.txt file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shorte85
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help in arranging the alias

Hello Guys, I have around 100 hosts setup as alias in my profile for easy sshing. alias ada='ssh -Y username@da.domain.com' alias ast='ssh -Y username@terix.domain.com' alias bb1='ssh -X username@ggserver.ns.domain.com' . . . . I now would like to use sshmenu software in which... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Arranging data

I have thousand lines of data...: A 1 B 2 C 3 D 4 E 5 A 21 B 22 C 23 D 24 E 25 A 31 B 32 C 33 D 34 E 35 ........... ON AND AND ON (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobo
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help in arranging the output

Hello All, Please find attached input and output files. I want to write a shell script to achieve this. I tried using awk but not getting how to do this as I am new to shell programming. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sudeep Bhattad
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Arranging columns in a line

Hi, Please give a solution... Current File 200101701 A 5 B 283 D 222 200085506 A 5 B 6 C 304 200081406 A 5 200101784 D 1111Desired Output 200101701 A 0005 B 0283 * * D 222 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyar
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in arranging data

I have a file with user activity and need to display only the start and end timestamp of the activity. I don't know how can we write an logic for this please help me in a bettr way to work on it User Activity_log ----------------------------------- ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lazydev
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - Remove duplicates during array build

Greetings Experts, Issue: Within awk script, remove the duplicate occurrences that are space (1 single space character) separated Description: I am processing 2 files using awk and during processing, I am building an array and there are duplicates on this; how can I delete the duplicates... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove duplicates in C shell Array?

Please help me on this My script name is uniqueArray.csh #!/bin/csh set ARRAY = ( one teo three one three ) set ARRAY = ( $ARRAY one five three five ) How to remove the duplicates in this array ,sort and save those in the same variable or different variable. Thanks in the advance ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help arranging text

By using this code how can we get the stars in inverted positions? str="*" for i in 1 2 3 4 5 do echo "$str" str="$str *" done The output should be like this * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules!... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meeran Rizvi
5 Replies
URI::URL(3)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       URI::URL(3)

NAME
URI::URL - Uniform Resource Locators SYNOPSIS
$u1 = URI::URL->new($str, $base); $u2 = $u1->abs; DESCRIPTION
This module is provided for backwards compatibility with modules that depend on the interface provided by the "URI::URL" class that used to be distributed with the libwww-perl library. The following differences compared to the "URI" class interface exist: o The URI::URL module exports the url() function as an alternate constructor interface. o The constructor takes an optional $base argument. The "URI::URL" class is a subclasses of "URI::WithBase". o The URI::URL->newlocal class method is the same as URI::file->new_abs o URI::URL::strict(1) o $url->print_on method o $url->crack method o $url->full_path; same as ($uri->abs_path || "/") o $url->netloc; same as $uri->authority o $url->epath, $url->equery; same as $uri->path, $uri->query o $url->path and $url->query pass unescaped strings. o $url->path_components; same as $uri->path_segments (if you don't consider path segment parameters). o $url->params and $url->eparams methods. o $url->base method. See URI::WithBase. o $url->abs and $url->rel have an optional $base argument. See URI::WithBase. o $url->frag; same as $uri->fragment o $url->keywords; same as $uri->query_keywords; o $url->localpath with friends map to $uri->file o $url->address and $url->encoded822addr; same as $uri->to for mailto URI. o $url->groupart method for news URI. o $url->article; same as $uri->message SEE ALSO
URI, URI::WithBase COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1998-2000 Gisle Aas. perl v5.8.0 2002-05-09 URI::URL(3)