Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Arranging an array so that duplicates will turn up first Post 302161296 by radoulov on Thursday 24th of January 2008 06:48:29 AM
Old 01-24-2008
I _think_ the OP wants:

Code:
21, 21, 33, 33, 35, 35, 70, 50

not:

Code:
21, 21, 33, 33, 35, 35, 50, 70

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arranging files

Hi all, This is program to identify and arrange programs(scripts) based on their she-bang values to a folder with the same name. The parts of mkdir and copy and creating problems.I also doubt the use of hash...maybe some problems in it. Please help out debugging this. Code pasted at: Paste... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivek788
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Re-arranging lines of text... help?

Hello, I am new to Linux, and I am learning slowly but for surely. I am trying to currently figure out how to go about re-arranging lines of text of a *.txt file... Like for example: Say pool.txt has 20 lines of text, and the last 5 lines of text I want to move to the top of the *.txt file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shorte85
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help in arranging the alias

Hello Guys, I have around 100 hosts setup as alias in my profile for easy sshing. alias ada='ssh -Y username@da.domain.com' alias ast='ssh -Y username@terix.domain.com' alias bb1='ssh -X username@ggserver.ns.domain.com' . . . . I now would like to use sshmenu software in which... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Arranging data

I have thousand lines of data...: A 1 B 2 C 3 D 4 E 5 A 21 B 22 C 23 D 24 E 25 A 31 B 32 C 33 D 34 E 35 ........... ON AND AND ON (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobo
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help in arranging the output

Hello All, Please find attached input and output files. I want to write a shell script to achieve this. I tried using awk but not getting how to do this as I am new to shell programming. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sudeep Bhattad
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Arranging columns in a line

Hi, Please give a solution... Current File 200101701 A 5 B 283 D 222 200085506 A 5 B 6 C 304 200081406 A 5 200101784 D 1111Desired Output 200101701 A 0005 B 0283 * * D 222 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyar
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in arranging data

I have a file with user activity and need to display only the start and end timestamp of the activity. I don't know how can we write an logic for this please help me in a bettr way to work on it User Activity_log ----------------------------------- ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lazydev
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - Remove duplicates during array build

Greetings Experts, Issue: Within awk script, remove the duplicate occurrences that are space (1 single space character) separated Description: I am processing 2 files using awk and during processing, I am building an array and there are duplicates on this; how can I delete the duplicates... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove duplicates in C shell Array?

Please help me on this My script name is uniqueArray.csh #!/bin/csh set ARRAY = ( one teo three one three ) set ARRAY = ( $ARRAY one five three five ) How to remove the duplicates in this array ,sort and save those in the same variable or different variable. Thanks in the advance ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help arranging text

By using this code how can we get the stars in inverted positions? str="*" for i in 1 2 3 4 5 do echo "$str" str="$str *" done The output should be like this * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules!... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meeran Rizvi
5 Replies
LDAP_CONTROLS(3)					     Library Functions Manual						  LDAP_CONTROLS(3)

NAME
ldap_control_create, ldap_control_find, ldap_control_dup, ldap_controls_dup, ldap_control_free, ldap_controls_free - LDAP control manipula- tion routines LIBRARY
OpenLDAP LDAP (libldap, -lldap) SYNOPSIS
#include <ldap.h> int ldap_control_create(const char *oid, int iscritical, struct berval *value, int dupval, LDAPControl **ctrlp); LDAPControl *ldap_control_find( const char *oid, LDAPControl **ctrls, LDAPControl ***nextctrlp); LDAPControl *ldap_control_dup(LDAPControl *ctrl); LDAPControl **ldap_controls_dup(LDAPControl **ctrls); void ldap_control_free(LDAPControl *ctrl); void ldap_controls_free(LDAPControl **ctrls); DESCRIPTION
These routines are used to manipulate structures used for LDAP controls. ldap_control_create() creates a control with the specified OID using the contents of the value parameter for the control value, if any. The content of value is duplicated if dupval is non-zero. The iscritical parameter must be non-zero for a critical control. The created control is returned in the ctrlp parameter. The routine returns LDAP_SUCCESS on success or some other error code on failure. The content of value, for supported control types, can be prepared using helpers provided by this implementation of libldap, usually in the form ldap_create_<control name>_control_value(). Otherwise, it can be BER-encoded using the functionalities of liblber. ldap_control_find() searches the NULL-terminated ctrls array for a control whose OID matches the oid parameter. The routine returns a pointer to the control if found, NULL otherwise. If the parameter nextctrlp is not NULL, on return it will point to the next control in the array, and can be passed to the ldap_control_find() routine for subsequent calls, to find further occurrences of the same control type. The use of this function is discouraged; the recommended way of handling controls in responses consists in going through the array of con- trols, dealing with each of them in the returned order, since it could matter. ldap_control_dup() duplicates an individual control structure, and ldap_controls_dup() duplicates a NULL-terminated array of controls. ldap_control_free() frees an individual control structure, and ldap_controls_free() frees a NULL-terminated array of controls. SEE ALSO
ldap(3), ldap_error(3) ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
OpenLDAP Software is developed and maintained by The OpenLDAP Project <http://www.openldap.org/>. OpenLDAP Software is derived from the University of Michigan LDAP 3.3 Release. OpenLDAP 2017/06/01 LDAP_CONTROLS(3)