Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Arranging an array so that duplicates will turn up first Post 302161293 by Yogesh Sawant on Thursday 24th of January 2008 06:43:30 AM
Old 01-24-2008
why bother with constructing binary search tree yourself when Perl provides an easy solution:
Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl
# dup_array.pl
my @nums = (21, 33, 35, 21, 33, 70, 33, 35, 50);
print "before sorting\n";
for $i (@nums) {
    print $i, "\n";
}

@nums = sort {$a <=> $b} @nums;

print "after sorting\n";
for $i (@nums) {
    print $i, "\n";
}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arranging files

Hi all, This is program to identify and arrange programs(scripts) based on their she-bang values to a folder with the same name. The parts of mkdir and copy and creating problems.I also doubt the use of hash...maybe some problems in it. Please help out debugging this. Code pasted at: Paste... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vivek788
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Re-arranging lines of text... help?

Hello, I am new to Linux, and I am learning slowly but for surely. I am trying to currently figure out how to go about re-arranging lines of text of a *.txt file... Like for example: Say pool.txt has 20 lines of text, and the last 5 lines of text I want to move to the top of the *.txt file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shorte85
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help in arranging the alias

Hello Guys, I have around 100 hosts setup as alias in my profile for easy sshing. alias ada='ssh -Y username@da.domain.com' alias ast='ssh -Y username@terix.domain.com' alias bb1='ssh -X username@ggserver.ns.domain.com' . . . . I now would like to use sshmenu software in which... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Arranging data

I have thousand lines of data...: A 1 B 2 C 3 D 4 E 5 A 21 B 22 C 23 D 24 E 25 A 31 B 32 C 33 D 34 E 35 ........... ON AND AND ON (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobo
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help in arranging the output

Hello All, Please find attached input and output files. I want to write a shell script to achieve this. I tried using awk but not getting how to do this as I am new to shell programming. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sudeep Bhattad
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Arranging columns in a line

Hi, Please give a solution... Current File 200101701 A 5 B 283 D 222 200085506 A 5 B 6 C 304 200081406 A 5 200101784 D 1111Desired Output 200101701 A 0005 B 0283 * * D 222 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: satyar
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in arranging data

I have a file with user activity and need to display only the start and end timestamp of the activity. I don't know how can we write an logic for this please help me in a bettr way to work on it User Activity_log ----------------------------------- ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lazydev
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - Remove duplicates during array build

Greetings Experts, Issue: Within awk script, remove the duplicate occurrences that are space (1 single space character) separated Description: I am processing 2 files using awk and during processing, I am building an array and there are duplicates on this; how can I delete the duplicates... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chill3chee
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to remove duplicates in C shell Array?

Please help me on this My script name is uniqueArray.csh #!/bin/csh set ARRAY = ( one teo three one three ) set ARRAY = ( $ARRAY one five three five ) How to remove the duplicates in this array ,sort and save those in the same variable or different variable. Thanks in the advance ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help arranging text

By using this code how can we get the stars in inverted positions? str="*" for i in 1 2 3 4 5 do echo "$str" str="$str *" done The output should be like this * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Please use CODE tags as required by forum rules!... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Meeran Rizvi
5 Replies
AMC-IMPRIME(1)						       Auto Multiple Choice						    AMC-IMPRIME(1)

NAME
AMC-imprime - prints AMC multiple choice answer sheets to be distributed to the students SYNOPSIS
auto-multiple-choice imprime --sujet subject.pdf --fich-nums numbers-file.txt --data data-dir --methode method [where-to-print-arguments...] DESCRIPTION
The AMC-imprime.pl command prints selected copies from a AMC multiple choice answer sheet. What to print The following arguments describe what to print: --sujet subject.pdf sets the subject file (prepared by AMC-prepare(1)). --fich-nums numbers-file.txt gives a file where the numbers of the copies to be printed are written (one number per line). If this argument is not given, all the copies will be printed. --data data-dir gives the directory where data files are (see for example AMC-meptex(1)). The layout database in the data directory is used to know at which page of the subject file each copy begins and ends. Where to print Several printing methods are currently defined: o with "--methode CUPS", AMC-imprime.pl prints to a CUPS printer. One print job is sent for each copy, allowing for exemple to use stapling. Use the following options with this method: --imprimante printer sets the CUPS printer name to print to. --options cups-options gives CUPS options, in the opt1=value1,opt2=value2,... format. o with "--methode file", AMC-imprime.pl outputs the answer sheets to files (one for each copy). --output filename sets the filename for outputs. The '%e' sequence will be replaced by a 4-digits copy number. If filename does not contain '%e', the string '-%e.pdf' will be added at its end. o with "--methode command", AMC-imprime.pl will use a provided command for each copy. --print-command command gives the command to be used for printing. The command string will be split at each space character (even when using quotes...). The sequence '%f' will be replaced by a PDF filename (containing the copy to print), and '%e' will be replaced by the copy number. AUTHORS
Alexis Bienvenue <paamc@passoire.fr> Main author Jean Berard Translation from French Georges Khaznadar Translation from French COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008-2012 Alexis Bienvenue This document can be used according to the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 2 or later. Auto Multiple Choice 1.1.1 06/19/2012 AMC-IMPRIME(1)