Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Emacs changes the term colors after quitting Post 302161272 by m9dhatter on Thursday 24th of January 2008 05:48:42 AM
Old 01-24-2008
well.. i've found the fix. found some clues here. funny how that's for vim. I've set the term to dtterm instead of xtermc

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

X-Term for Windows

Hi Everyone, I need some information from all of you guys. I generally work on a Solaris OS in my school and I had heard that I can download something called X-Term on a Windows system and still work on some of the graphical things on windows which generally work only on unix. This is what I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yelamarthi
5 Replies

2. Programming

Create a Term & Run chars on this Term

hi floks ! i'd like to know how can i transmete a character or a string from my source code to a term and make it interpret or un by the shell wich is running in my term. I'd like to create a Term from my code (and get its file descriptor) and then transmete each char typed on the keyboard to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: the_tical
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with TERM script

I am trying to amend an existing TERM script to prompt the end user for a password - then take that password and add it to a specific part of an existing file. Here is what I have - BUT - I am confusing Unix with Term and my script does not like what I added b/c the script simply runs through... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Surdeymon
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search term and output term in desired field

Hi All, I have an input_file below and i would like to use Perl to search for the term "aaa" and output the 3rd term in the same row as "aaa".For Example, i want to search for the term "ddd" and would want the code to ouput the 3rd term in the same row which is "fff". Can somebody help ? ... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
28 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quitting from a script, either sourced or not

This is a very simple problem, I am wondering why I can find no answer anywhere... I have a script that can be run either sourced or not. This script has some place where it needs to quit execution (e.g., when an error is found) If I "exit", the sourced call would exit the parent shell, but... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MadMage
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quitting a bash script... any alternatives to exit?

Folks, Below is a basic synopsis of the problem. I have a script that I need to check for some env vars and fail (exit the script) if they are not there. At the same time I need to set some default env vars. To do this I must run the script from the parent shell or source the script. Doing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bashN00b
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in quitting from sqlplus

Hi all, I have a scenario where im connecting to sqlplus executing a query,redirecting the output to a file and manipulating the file MY CODE IS AS FOLLOWS sqlplus -s /nolog << EOF > $UTILITIES_HOME/temp/analyze.temp.log & set linesize 3000 set trimspool on set pagesize... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: niteesh_!7
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

killproc -term

Hi, I am trying the function killproc -term and it seems to be doing something extra that kill <pid> doesn't do. My daemon cleanly terminates using kill, but not using killproc. I tried strace on killproc and then killproc works well. I read online that strace ignores SIGSTOP. does that mean... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fosfat
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in quitting/exiting from sqlplus

Hello, This is my first post and I would be very thankful if you can help me. I've already searched in the forum and I've found a very similar thread in wich my problem is solved, but the thread is closed and the solution given in it doesn't work in my shell: 153194-problem-quitting-sqlplus ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: JuanPerez
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to use emacs? Also how to open existing emacs files with .cgi format?

Hi All, I am new to this forum and a beginner in unix. Please correct me if I put the question in a wrong way.. How to use emacs editor? Also how to open existing emacs files with .cgi format? I have the following link :- http link i.e. url and path : /abc/xyz.dev/xyz/documents What... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: swathi123
7 Replies
INFO(5) 							File Formats Manual							   INFO(5)

NAME
info - readable online documentation DESCRIPTION
The Info file format is an easily-parsable representation for online documents. It can be read by emacs(1) and info(1) among other pro- grams. Info files are usually created from texinfo(5) sources by makeinfo(1), but can be created from scratch if so desired. For a full description of the Texinfo language and associated tools, please see the Texinfo manual (written in Texinfo itself). Most likely, running this command from your shell: info texinfo or this key sequence from inside Emacs: M-x info RET m texinfo RET will get you there. AVAILABILITY
ftp://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/texinfo-<version>.tar.gz or any GNU mirror site. REPORTING BUGS
Please send bug reports to bug-texinfo@gnu.org, general questions and discussion to help-texinfo@gnu.org. SEE ALSO
info(1), install-info(1), makeinfo(1), texi2dvi(1), texindex(1). emacs(1), tex(1). texinfo(5). FSF
GNU Info INFO(5)