Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: su ?? Who logged in First ??
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users su ?? Who logged in First ?? Post 302161242 by adderek on Thursday 24th of January 2008 04:39:57 AM
Old 01-24-2008
I am not sure if I understand it correctly. If so, then:
1. You could try to trace what is your parent process and this way you could probably get this
2. Probably all the users will be assigned to the same console - try ps'ing with a full list and then checking what consoles are assigned to the user.
3. I am not sure about that but probably you could try to check if the real-uid and effective-uid are set to the given user IDs.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is user logged on??

How can i check to see if a user is logged on to the network? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: provo
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

know who logged and logged out with their timings

being ordinary user (not having any administrative rights) can avail myself a facility to know who logged and logged out with their timings get popped onto my terminal as if it get echo 'ed... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vkandati
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

last logged on info

Hi how can I know the details of when valid system users last logged on? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nokia1100
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Last time logged in

Working in AIX (so no date -d) How can i display all the users who have not logged in for more than 40 days? A small quick script would be usefull, my scripts are always taking to long to execute, even before they are finished. Many thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ughosting
5 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

logged out users

how to find out users who logged out within 5 minutes (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: roshni
1 Replies

6. Programming

logged in or logged out?

I have wrote a service with c++ which is always run and now I want to get with it the exact time in that the user log in or log out and then run a script. but the problem is that how could i find that the user logged in or logged out with out checking something frequently? thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrhosseini
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Who are all logged out

I have a situation where I have to capture information of all users who log out, along with the terminal info(tty command). For example, I may have logged in with /dev/pts/2 as well as /dev/pts4. Now, when I log out of the session with /dev/pts/2, I need that to be sent in an email to a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

who logged in

Hi friends I want to get a list of users who have logged in before 10 'o clock in the morning on a given date . I tried with who and last commands but last gives only the last login time How do i find who logged before 10 'o clock Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Last user logged in

hi! How can I find into: /var/log/messages.4 /var/log/messages.3 /var/log/messages.2 /var/log/messages.1 /var/log/messages The last user do a login? (for example user1) My idea is to search by the pattern "Accepted password for" buy I necessary search into all files first and in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guif
2 Replies
NWAUTH(1)							      nwauth								 NWAUTH(1)

NAME
nwauth - Verify username/password SYNOPSIS
nwauth [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -D ] DESCRIPTION
nwauth does nothing but logging into a NetWare server. If the login was successful, an error code of 0 is returned. If the login was not successful, an error code of 1 is returned. It was designed for use by other programs who want authenticate users via a NetWare server. If there is no -P or -n option specified on command line, nwauth always expects a password on stdin. If the stdin is a tty, then the user is prompted for a password. Otherwise nwauth simply reads stdin for a password. nwauth looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server and a user name if they are not specified on command line. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of .nwclient MUST be 600, for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user name If the user name your NetWare administrator gave to you differs from your unix user-id, you should use -U to tell the server about your NetWare user name. -D nwauth says that your password is correct if you have existing connection to server with name user name. This is handy for some shell scripts, but it is unacceptable for authorization modules, such as PAM, PHP or Apache. It was pointed to me that this behavior was not well known, and there exist at least one PAM module which does not know that (this module is not part of ncpfs; you should use PAM mod- ule which comes with ncpfs instead anyway). SEE ALSO
nwclient(5) CREDITS
nwauth was written by Volker Lendecke (lendecke@math.uni-goettingen.de) nwauth 10/27/1996 NWAUTH(1)