Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed and special character in data Post 302161065 by MizzGail on Wednesday 23rd of January 2008 02:27:16 PM
Old 01-23-2008
HM. That sounds like on the right track, but its not working. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed-Special character replacement

Hi I want to replace ./testsed.ksh with testsed.ksh ./ is to be removed scriptnm=`sed -e 's/\.///' $0 does not work Please help (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: usshell
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Decode %s Special Character in Sed

Greetings, I am doing something that I don't know if it is possible... I have a file with a line looks like this: <%s \n%s / %s \n%s \n> and I am trying to replace this line with <%s \n%s \n%s / %s \n%s \n> in Shell script with sed command... StringToReplace='%s \n%s / %s \n%s \n'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wasabihowdi
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed special character replace

I need to do the following: text in the format of: ADDRESS=abcd123:1111 - abcd123:1111 is different on every system. replace with: ADDRESS=localhost:2222 sed 's/ADDRESS=<What do I use here?>/ADDRESS=localhost:2222/g' Everything I've tried ends up with: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: toor13
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to replace the special character with another using SED

I have the replace the pattern in the file , ); to ); Could someone please help me to get this command. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohan.bit
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to substitute variable in sed for special character?

Hi , I have input file like below Hi this is "vinoth". Hi happy to work with 'unix' USA(united states of America) My script variables are below : Dquote=Ộ Squote=&#$567 Obrac=&^986 Cbrac=&^745 I want to read the variables in my SED command to replace the double quote,single... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinothsekark
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to replace special character using sed?

How can I replace the follong text including to number 7000? cat tmp0.txt Winston (UK) Wong I would the 7000 to replace Winston (UK) Wong. I fail with method below: sed ' s /Winston\(UK\)Wong/7000 tmp0.txt' (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivien_chu
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Replacing special character with sed

Hi All, I have a text file that contains I1SP2 *=*=Y=M=D001D My requirement is to replace all occurrence of =* to =Z expected o/p is I1SP2 *=Z=Y=M=D001D I have tried with sed 's/=*/=Z/g' file sed 's!\=*!\=Z/g' file sed 's!\=*!\=Z!g' file sed 's!\=\*!\=Z!g' file but its not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gotamp
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed add special character

Hi all I got test.test.test and need test.test\.test * I need the backslash before the last dot in the line I tried echo test.test.test | sed 's/\./\\./g' but it gives me test\.test\.test Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: stinkefisch
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to add special character (')

I have a file (input) which contains are below. Member Analytics Engine Enterprise Manager Dev Tutorial I want to change contains as below by using sed command 'Member Analytics Engine'; 'Enterprise Manager'; 'Dev Tutorial'; First, I tried to add (') on every first line by using sed... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anshu ranjan
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

With sed replaced special character is printed twice, why?

Dear all, I was wondering If you could help me out. I Am using a batch script to midfy some text files. Input: 912856 912857 912904Amongst others I use this line: REM I want to replace all lines that start with a 6-digit Number with a ftp command "get" followed by a path and the 6-digit... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: SIEMI
9 Replies
Terrain generator for tracks(6) 				       Games					   Terrain generator for tracks(6)

NAME
trackgen - Terrain generator for tracks SYNTAX
trackgen -c category -n name [-a] [-m] [-s] [-S] [-E <n> [-H <nb>]] DESCRIPTION
This manual describes the Ac3d compiler application that is shipped with the game TORCS. OPTIONS
-c category track category (road, oval, dirt...) -n name track name -b draw bump track -B Don't use terrain border (relief supplied int clockwise, ext CC) -a draw all (default is track only) -s split the track and the terrain -S split all -E <n> save elevation file n 0: all elevatation files 1: elevation file of terrain + track 2: elevation file of terrain with track white 3: track only 4: track elevations with height steps -H <nb> nb of height steps for 4th elevation file [30] SEE ALSO
torcs(6) AUTHOR
This manual page was writen by Rudy Godoy <rudy@kernel-panik.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Rudy Godoy 1.2 Terrain generator for tracks(6)