Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE max number of slabs per kernel module (kernel 2.6.17, suse) Post 302160984 by Brendan Kennedy on Wednesday 23rd of January 2008 08:40:30 AM
Old 01-23-2008
eh, ye tcp to ethernet... I wouldn't say I'm an expert or anything.

As regards to free pages - they may tend to stay available in the short term but they do eventually get reclaimed. I would agree it's not immediate though.

Thanks, I'll read your reference when I get my hands on the book!

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

How to convert Linux Kernel built-in module into a loadable module

Hi all, I am working on USB data monitoring on Fedora Core 9. Kernel 2.6.25 has a built-in module (the one that isn't loadable, but compiles and links statically with the kernel during compilation) to snoop USB data. It is in <kernel_source_code>/drivers/usb/mon/. I need to know if I can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anitemp
0 Replies

2. IP Networking

kernel module

Hi All, I need to develop a kernel module which changes the IP address of a package according to its mac address. It would be a sort of L2 Nat. Somebody know if I can do this using netfilter?? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lagigliaivan
2 Replies

3. Linux

kernel module parameters

Hi, if I install a module with specific parameter, will this parameters applied next time system boots? for exampe, I want to disable InterruptThrottleRate modprobe e1000e InterruptThrottleRate=0 Is this parameter apllied only for this run, or this module will always use this parameter when... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shedon
2 Replies

4. Linux

Unload kernel module at boot time (Debian Wheezy 7.2, 3.2.0-4-686-pae kernel)

Hi everyone, I am trying to prevent the ehci_hcd kernel module to load at boot time. Here's what I've tried so far: 1) Add the following line to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf (as suggested here): 2) Blacklisted the module by adding the following string to 3) Tried to blacklist the module... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gacanepa
0 Replies
AIO(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    AIO(4)

NAME
aio -- asynchronous I/O SYNOPSIS
To link into the kernel: options VFS_AIO To load as a kernel loadable module: kldload aio DESCRIPTION
The aio facility provides system calls for asynchronous I/O. It is available both as a kernel option for static inclusion and as a dynamic kernel module. SEE ALSO
aio_cancel(2), aio_error(2), aio_read(2), aio_return(2), aio_suspend(2), aio_waitcomplete(2), aio_write(2), lio_listio(2), config(8), kldload(8), kldunload(8) HISTORY
The aio facility appeared as a kernel option in FreeBSD 3.0. The aio kernel module appeared in FreeBSD 5.0. BSD
October 24, 2002 BSD