Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE max number of slabs per kernel module (kernel 2.6.17, suse) Post 302160984 by Brendan Kennedy on Wednesday 23rd of January 2008 08:40:30 AM
Old 01-23-2008
eh, ye tcp to ethernet... I wouldn't say I'm an expert or anything.

As regards to free pages - they may tend to stay available in the short term but they do eventually get reclaimed. I would agree it's not immediate though.

Thanks, I'll read your reference when I get my hands on the book!

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

How to convert Linux Kernel built-in module into a loadable module

Hi all, I am working on USB data monitoring on Fedora Core 9. Kernel 2.6.25 has a built-in module (the one that isn't loadable, but compiles and links statically with the kernel during compilation) to snoop USB data. It is in <kernel_source_code>/drivers/usb/mon/. I need to know if I can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anitemp
0 Replies

2. IP Networking

kernel module

Hi All, I need to develop a kernel module which changes the IP address of a package according to its mac address. It would be a sort of L2 Nat. Somebody know if I can do this using netfilter?? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lagigliaivan
2 Replies

3. Linux

kernel module parameters

Hi, if I install a module with specific parameter, will this parameters applied next time system boots? for exampe, I want to disable InterruptThrottleRate modprobe e1000e InterruptThrottleRate=0 Is this parameter apllied only for this run, or this module will always use this parameter when... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shedon
2 Replies

4. Linux

Unload kernel module at boot time (Debian Wheezy 7.2, 3.2.0-4-686-pae kernel)

Hi everyone, I am trying to prevent the ehci_hcd kernel module to load at boot time. Here's what I've tried so far: 1) Add the following line to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf (as suggested here): 2) Blacklisted the module by adding the following string to 3) Tried to blacklist the module... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gacanepa
0 Replies
Net::Proxy::Connector::tcp(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Net::Proxy::Connector::tcp(3pm)

NAME
Net::Proxy::Connector::tcp - Net::Proxy connector for standard tcp proxies SYNOPSIS
# sample proxy using Net::Proxy::Connector::tcp use Net::Proxy; my $proxy = Net::Proxy->new( in => { type => tcp, port => '6789' }, out => { type => tcp, host => 'remotehost', port => '9876' }, ); $proxy->register(); Net::Proxy->mainloop(); DESCRIPTION
"Net::Proxy::Connector::tcp" is a connector for handling basic, standard TCP connections. CONNECTOR OPTIONS
The connector accept the following options: "in" o host The listening address. If not given, the default is "localhost". o port The listening port. "out" o host The remote host. o port The remote port. o timeout The socket timeout for connection ("out" only). AUTHOR
Philippe 'BooK' Bruhat, "<book@cpan.org>". COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 Philippe 'BooK' Bruhat, All Rights Reserved. LICENSE
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2009-10-18 Net::Proxy::Connector::tcp(3pm)