Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux SuSE max number of slabs per kernel module (kernel 2.6.17, suse) Post 302160984 by Brendan Kennedy on Wednesday 23rd of January 2008 08:40:30 AM
Old 01-23-2008
eh, ye tcp to ethernet... I wouldn't say I'm an expert or anything.

As regards to free pages - they may tend to stay available in the short term but they do eventually get reclaimed. I would agree it's not immediate though.

Thanks, I'll read your reference when I get my hands on the book!

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

How to convert Linux Kernel built-in module into a loadable module

Hi all, I am working on USB data monitoring on Fedora Core 9. Kernel 2.6.25 has a built-in module (the one that isn't loadable, but compiles and links statically with the kernel during compilation) to snoop USB data. It is in <kernel_source_code>/drivers/usb/mon/. I need to know if I can... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anitemp
0 Replies

2. IP Networking

kernel module

Hi All, I need to develop a kernel module which changes the IP address of a package according to its mac address. It would be a sort of L2 Nat. Somebody know if I can do this using netfilter?? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lagigliaivan
2 Replies

3. Linux

kernel module parameters

Hi, if I install a module with specific parameter, will this parameters applied next time system boots? for exampe, I want to disable InterruptThrottleRate modprobe e1000e InterruptThrottleRate=0 Is this parameter apllied only for this run, or this module will always use this parameter when... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shedon
2 Replies

4. Linux

Unload kernel module at boot time (Debian Wheezy 7.2, 3.2.0-4-686-pae kernel)

Hi everyone, I am trying to prevent the ehci_hcd kernel module to load at boot time. Here's what I've tried so far: 1) Add the following line to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf (as suggested here): 2) Blacklisted the module by adding the following string to 3) Tried to blacklist the module... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gacanepa
0 Replies
moduload(2)							System Calls Manual						       moduload(2)

NAME
moduload - unload a kernel module on demand SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
allows processes with appropriate privilege to demand unload one or all unloadable modules from the running kernel. A module is considered unloadable if it is not currently in use, if no module depending on it is currently loaded, and if the module is not being loaded or unloaded from the kernel. If module_id is set to 0 (zero), attempts to unload all unloadable modules, otherwise attempts to unload the module specified by module_id. Notes is currently implemented as a macro. Security Restrictions is restricted to superuser processes or privileged processes. A privileged process requires the privilege to execute the system call. See privileges(5), for more information about the privilege. RETURN VALUE
On success, returns 0, otherwise it returns -1 and sets to indicate the error. ERRORS
fails if one or more of the following are true: module_id does not correspond to any valid currently loaded kernel module. The caller is not a superuser process or a privileged process. There are outstanding references to the module, or modules that depend on this module are currently loaded, or profiling is enabled, or the module is in the process of being loaded or unloaded from the kernel. The Dynamically Loadable Kernel Module feature is not initialized. SEE ALSO
kcmodule(1M), modload(2), privileges(5). moduload(2)