Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Unix stopping the tcp services Post 302160884 by zing_foru on Wednesday 23rd of January 2008 02:58:27 AM
Old 01-23-2008
>tcp services stops on it own and even if we restart the services manually the services still does not come up

Can you check error messages logs in syslog?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Services On Unix

Greetings All, Telnet has stopped working on one of my servers and I need to restart it. But I don't know the command for it in UNIX. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jmasters
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

stopping and starting network services

Solaris v5.6 how do you stop and start the network services? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Westy564
4 Replies

3. IP Networking

TCP/IP in c (unix)

I have written a client receive (TCP/IP) program which is up all the time. It connects to the server during Beginning of the day and stays alert and reads a message whenever one comes in. the problem is after receiving a message, the client_receive program is getting a message with zero bytes.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeshsu
0 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Services for Unix

I just installed Services for Unix on a Windows 2003 DC. I have a Debian box with Samba shares for our storage drive. I'm trying to test a Linux client. She is unable to read or write from the Samba shares. Her login is being mapped to the same name from NIS to AD. She can login from a windows... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dawningtech
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

TCP(?) Printing from Unix

I am trying to set up a unix server to print to a printer in another city. I've got a "Unix" guy helping me set up the printer on the unix box, but we are having trouble. The printer is located on an HP JetDirect 170x print server on a private network. On the router at that location, I have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Bortiquai
4 Replies

6. Solaris

Problem in connecting TCP services between 2 Solaris Servers

Hi, I have 3 solaris servers. Two servers of differnet network and one gateway. Server1 --> 192.168.0.1 --> Solaris 9 Server2 --> 10.27.40.2 --> Solaris 10 Server3 --> Iface1 --> 192.168.0.5 --> Solaris 10 --> Gateway Iface2 --> 10.27.40.5 Now I am able to ssh... (36 Replies)
Discussion started by: neel.gurjar
36 Replies

7. SCO

TCP in sco unix 3.2

Hi every body. I am looking for TCP package under sco unix 3.2 or sco xenix system. would you please help me? (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: javad1_maroofi
7 Replies

8. SCO

Sco Openserver Starting TCP/IP Services

Hi all, I have a customer whose sco unix server wasnt power off correctly and when booting it up I noticed that the boot up takes a while to finish the " Starting TCP services: snmpd routed lpd". after that the server is ready for login, but you cannot ping anything from the server (apart from... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CharlL
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

Logging into UNIX via TCP/IP Telnet

I can connect to the UNIX box using a TCP/IP Telnet session but the UNIX does not respond with the login prompt. The box responds to a PING and the Telnet session actually connects, but no prompt of any sort is recieved back. I can connect via the console, get the login prompt and can login. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Newnix
3 Replies
SERVICES(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						       SERVICES(5)

NAME
services -- service name data base DESCRIPTION
The services file contains information regarding the known services available in the Internet. For each service a single line should be present with the following information: official service name port number protocol name aliases Items are separated by any number of blanks and/or tab characters. The port number and protocol name are considered a single item; a ``/'' is used to separate the port and protocol (e.g. ``512/tcp''). A ``#'' indicates the beginning of a comment; subsequent characters up to the end of the line are not interpreted by the routines which search the file. Service names may contain any printable character other than a field delimiter, newline, or comment character. If ``db'' is specified as source in the nsswitch.conf(5), /var/db/services.db is searched. The database in /var/db/services.db needs to be updated with services_mkdb(8) after changes to the services file have been applied. NIS INTERACTION
Access to the NIS services.byname map can be enabled by adding a single ``+'' on a line by itself in the /etc/services file. This causes the contents of the NIS services map to be inserted at the location where the ``+'' appears. FILES
/etc/services The services file resides in /etc. SEE ALSO
getservent(3), nsswitch.conf(5), services_mkdb(8) HISTORY
The services file format appeared in 4.2BSD. BUGS
A name server should be used instead of a static file. BSD
April 4, 2010 BSD