Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: crontab issue
Operating Systems HP-UX crontab issue Post 302160697 by vbe on Tuesday 22nd of January 2008 12:16:34 PM
Old 01-22-2008
If its working fine at command prompt and not in the batch mode, then your issue is about your environment...
For instance PATH=<something>:$PATH is equal to PATH=<something>:/usr/bin... So be sure to export the PATH to all your called binaries...
No variables are set except the ones you specify...
Put all your needed variables in a file and execute it :
. /absolutePathTo/loadmyvars
then execute your script!
So this is what we should see in your Newscript for batch:
#!/usr/bin/ksh #or whatever
. /absolutePathTo/loadmyvars
myolscriptthatdidntwork
exit

If you want to check, just put in a script
. /to-oraclehome/.profile
script

It should work..

Good luck
Vic

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab Issue

I have a backup script that is suppose to run every night of the week, but it never does, it starts to run. The way I can tell is that the dates on dump_log are changing to when the script runs. If I look in the cron log file is shows ! > root 506342 cr /etc/back_up Fri Aug 5 10:30:00... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rickyt00
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

crontab issue

I am adding a piece of code which adds entry in crontab ((in brown color)) \crontab -l > $tmpfile echo "Removing the cleanProcess entry if it already existed.." grep -v "cleanProcess.sh" $tmpfile > $newtmpfile lcnt=`grep -c "cleanProcess.sh" $tmpfile` echo... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: crackthehit007
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

crontab issue

Helo . I have 2.6.13-1.1526_FC4smp here. I am trying to make crontab execute my simple shell script, but noting happens. here is how i am testing this : $ pwd /home/oracle $ ls -l two* ls: two*: No such file or directory $ $ crontab -e crontab: installing new crontab $ $ crontab... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: tonijel
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with crontab

I have a ksh script which will connect to a database and executes some sql scripts. If i run the ksh script it is working fine. But if i schedule it to run at a perticular time using cron the sql script is not running. The scriptl initially creates a spool file for sql script and then connects and... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sriranga
12 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Crontab issue

We have configured a script to be run at specific time using crontab. # crontab -l 15 11 * * * VM_Count_V4.shas per the crontab entry script should run every day 11.15 a.m Every time when the script is executed i get a mail but when i run it using crontab it doesn't send any mail. However... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

6. AIX

Crontab issue

Hi all, I'm having a problem with a crontab entry execution for a non root user. AIX version 5.3 user@host ~ $ oslevel -r 5300-10 cron status user@host ~ $ ps -ef | grep cron root 377044 1 0 Oct 27 - 0:22 /usr/sbin/cron cron entry for user user@host ~ $... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab Issue..!!!

Hi, I have a cronjob but it is not getting executed.Is there any ways to check whether crontab is working.I have put crontab -l and checked.It got listed.But it is not working. My Crontab is, * * * * * /ldesk/home/abc/source/compare.sh >/dev/null 2>&1 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gayisada
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab issue

hi, i have schduled a job through crontab, but it is not getting executed. bash-3.2$ crontab -l # Monthly Download (mm hh DD MM format) 35 05 01 04 * /home/ftpsrp/srpftp1/download/ofrdb/scripts/load_ofrdb.sh crr.sh here is the permission of the .sh files -rwxr--r-- 1 ftpsrp srp ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Crontab Issue

My colleague who was a sysadmin , has created a cron job script which collects logs and process them. The script works perfectly as per the defined time set by him. it works when we keep the timing as 55 05 * * * , whereas if we try to prepone the cron task is not getting executed. Where... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: aravindj80
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab issue

Hello, I have a bash script that finds files older than 31 days and deletes them. I have this file loading into crontab to run everyday. It ran fine the first time i loaded it in, but now when I try to run it manually (bash file.sh) I get errors. Here is the script TIME=" -maxdepth 1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrymer
6 Replies
profile(4)                                                         File Formats                                                         profile(4)

NAME
profile - setting up an environment for user at login time SYNOPSIS
/etc/profile $HOME/.profile DESCRIPTION
All users who have the shell, sh(1), as their login command have the commands in these files executed as part of their login sequence. /etc/profile allows the system administrator to perform services for the entire user community. Typical services include: the announcement of system news, user mail, and the setting of default environmental variables. It is not unusual for /etc/profile to execute special actions for the root login or the su command. The file $HOME/.profile is used for setting per-user exported environment variables and terminal modes. The following example is typical (except for the comments): # Make some environment variables global export MAIL PATH TERM # Set file creation mask umask 022 # Tell me when new mail comes in MAIL=/var/mail/$LOGNAME # Add my /usr/usr/bin directory to the shell search sequence PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin # Set terminal type TERM=${L0:-u/n/k/n/o/w/n} # gnar.invalid while : do if [ -f ${TERMINFO:-/usr/share/lib/terminfo}/?/$TERM ] then break elif [ -f /usr/share/lib/terminfo/?/$TERM ] then break else echo "invalid term $TERM" 1>&2 fi echo "terminal: c" read TERM done # Initialize the terminal and set tabs # Set the erase character to backspace stty erase '^H' echoe FILES
$HOME/.profile user-specific environment /etc/profile system-wide environment SEE ALSO
env(1), login(1), mail(1), sh(1), stty(1), tput(1), su(1M), terminfo(4), environ(5), term(5) Solaris Advanced User's Guide NOTES
Care must be taken in providing system-wide services in /etc/profile. Personal .profile files are better for serving all but the most global needs. SunOS 5.10 20 Dec 1992 profile(4)