Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Comparing data in file with values in table Post 302160611 by Mohit623 on Tuesday 22nd of January 2008 07:57:45 AM
Old 01-22-2008
Comparing data in file with values in table

Hi,

I want to calculate the number of pipe delimiters in a file for all lines seperately.

For eg:i have a file Project.txt

Mohit|chawla|123|678
File1|File2|345|767|678

And my file contains many lines like this
it shd give me the output as
or give me the output for all the values greater than 4

Last edited by Mohit623; 07-09-2008 at 09:47 AM.. Reason: Question changed

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to load comma seperated values file (*.csv) into Oracle table

Hi all I need to input values in a .csv file into my Oracle table running in Unix, I wonder what would be the command to do so... The values are recorded in an excel file and I tried using a formatted text file to do so but failed because one of the field is simply too large to fit in the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: handynas
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting Values From A File Into A Table

Guys, I want to insert some values from a log file into a temporary table. the values in the log file looks like this SV_NAME CC_NAME CP_DISP_RUN_STATE ------- ------------------- ----------------- sble01 ALLTEL WorkMon24Hrs Running I want to enter the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragha81
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

select values from db1 table and insert into table of DB2

Hi I am having three oracle databases running in three different machine. their ip address is different. from one of the DB am able to access both the databases.(means am able to select values and insert values in to tables individually.) I need to fetch some data from DB1 table(say DB1 ip is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
2 Replies

4. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Comparing date values stored in a file

Hi all, I have written a script which stores data along with requisite dates in a file. I need to compare the stored date values in the file to obtain the row with the highest date value i.e. the recent most entered record in the file. Please help cause i dont know how we can compare dates in... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumi_mn
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Build a table from a list by comparing existing table entries

I am new to this shell scripting.... I have a file which contains list of users. This files get updated when new user comes into the system. I want to create script which will give a table containing unique list of users. When I say unique, it means script should match table while parsing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dchavan1901
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update the table using values from a csv file

i want to run update query for oracle which is in up.sql taking values from a.csv. I have implemented shell script to do it. extn="perl" ls -1 | while read file do echo "$file,$extn" > a.csv done up.sql contains update file_list set filename=$1 where extn=$2; The code to update is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: Writing table values to a file

I have a file like this, 1,a,saurav 2,b,rout I want to show this file in a perl cgi page table and want to add a column which will contain a text box. There I will give some manual input, which will be written to the existing file(or a new file) in below format. 1|a|saurav|bangalore... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sauravrout
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading and Comparing values of file

Hi gurus.. Am reading a file, counting number of lines and storing it in a variable. Then am passing that variable into If loop for comparision, if the number of lines are greater than 1000 it should split a file if not it should send the file name to archive folder.. but when i execute the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: azherkn3
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk file to read values from Db2 table replacing hard coded values

Hi, I want to replace a chain of if-else statement in an old AWK file with values from Db2 table or CSV file. The part of code is below... if (start_new_rec=="true"){ exclude_user="false"; user=toupper($6); match(user, "XXXXX."); if (RSTART ==2 ) { ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: asandy1234
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk: Comparing arguments with in line values of file and printing the result

I need to develop a script where I will take two date arguments as parameter date1 and date2 which will in format YYYYMM. Below is the input file say sample.txt. sample.txt will have certain blocks starting with P1. Each block will have a value 118,1:TIMESTAMP. I need to compare the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: garvit184
7 Replies
UNSORT(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 UNSORT(1)

NAME
unsort -- reorder lines in a file in semirandom ways SYNOPSIS
unsort [-hvrpncmMsz0l] [--help] [--version] [--random] [--heuristic] [--identity] [--concatenate] [--merge] [--merge-random] [--seed integer] [--zero-terminated] [--null] [--linefeed] [file ...] DESCRIPTION
unsort prints the lines in the input files (or standard input) in semi-random order. Available algorithms are a Mersenne Twister based PRNG and a heuristic algorithm that aims to create a subjective even distribution. Command line options -h, --help Display a concise summary of the available options and argument syntax. -v, --version Display version and copyright information. -r, --random Use the Mersenne Twister based randomization algorithm. -p, --heuristic Use the heuristic "shuffling" algorithm which permutes the lines in such a way that they're spread more or less evenly in the output. This is the default. -n, --identity Do not reorder lines in the input. Useful if you just want to merge the files. -r, --concatenate Concatenate all input files then apply the shuffling algorithm to the result as a whole. -m, --merge Shuffle all input files seperately then merge the result. Equal-sized files will be merged in the order in which they appear on the command line. -M, --merge-random Shuffle all input files seperately then merge the result. Equal-sized files will be merged in random order. This is the default. -s, --seed integer Use this integer as a seed, instead of random data from the environment. -z, --zero-terminated, -0, --null Lines are terminated with a character. -l, --linefeed Lines are terminated with a character. This is the default. SEE ALSO
sort(1) Free Software June 1, 2019 Free Software