Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pick the exact value
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pick the exact value Post 302160596 by ahmedwaseem2000 on Tuesday 22nd of January 2008 07:32:49 AM
Old 01-22-2008
I tried this code:

Code:
#!/usr/bin/python
f=open("file")
for line in f:
    if line.find("XXX"):
        if f.next().find("X_NAME1"):
            while 1:
                N=f.next().strip()
                if N.startswith("</J>"): 
                    break
                print N
f.close()

but i am getting the error

Quote:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./test.py", line 5, in ?
if f.next().find("X_NAME1"):
AttributeError: 'file' object has no attribute 'next'

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to pick out last charactor of a string?

Hi, Does anyone know how many ways to pick out last charactor of a string? Thanks! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cin2000
7 Replies

2. Solaris

Please help me pick a machine

Hey guys I am new here and like this forum alot. I went to get into Solaris and would like to buy a sun box on ebay. NON rackmount. Problem is there is so many diff types. I am looking for one under the $800 range that can support solaris 10 and have the basics and decent ram. Can you guys... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gnfanatic
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

pick columns

I want to be able pick columns from 2 files with similar reference data: File 1 Last NameFirst NameSalaryCityDunnJohn $42,000.00 ChicagoGrantSuzy $95,000.00 GaryLoweMike $80,000.00 MilwaukeeGrantMike $59,000.00 JolietLoweKaren $48,000.00 South BendFile 2 TitleFirst NameLast... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sigh2010
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pick one file from each subdirectory

Hi, I have a problem I am trying to solve with bash. I need to search in a file system (data base) with hundreds of directories and thousands of subdirectories and millions of files. The files have a specific format with a header that gives the properties. Directories are organized so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: majest
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

QUESTION1: grep only exact string. QUESTION2: find and replace only exact value with sed

QUESTION1: How do you grep only an exact string. I am using Solaris10 and do not have any GNU products installed. Contents of car.txt CAR1_KEY0 CAR1_KEY1 CAR2_KEY0 CAR2_KEY1 CAR1_KEY10 CURRENT COMMAND LINE: WHERE VARIABLE CAR_NUMBER=1 AND KEY_NUMBER=1 grep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thibodc
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pick and print

Hi Friends, I'm facing an issue. I am having a file as under : a1 b1 c1 a2 a3 a4 b4 a5 b5 and I need to get the output as under: a1 b1 a4 b4 a5 b5 i.e. to pick the columns where a and b are consecutive and ignoring rest. I was trying some thing sily as: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanand420
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo exact xml tag from an exact file

Im stumped on this one. Id like to echo into a .txt file all names for an xml feed in a huge folder. Can that be done?? Id need to echo <name>This name</name> in client.xml files. $path="/mnt/windows/path" echo 'recording names' cd "$path" for names in $path than Im stuck on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: graphicsman
2 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Pick Operating System

Anyone know anything about "Advanced Plus Operating Environment". Preferably release 10 Revision 522Gcd probably dated 2003. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pick systems

looking for any advise on how to export Pick data from an AIX implementation. i have someone with limited experience that knows how to create a text file from a pick database. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jgt
1 Replies
Tree::Simple::Visitor::FindByPath(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		    Tree::Simple::Visitor::FindByPath(3pm)

NAME
Tree::Simple::Visitor::FindByPath - A Visitor for finding an element in a Tree::Simple hierarchy with a path SYNOPSIS
use Tree::Simple::Visitor::FindByPath; # create a visitor object my $visitor = Tree::Simple::Visitor::FindByPath->new(); # set the search path for our tree $visitor->setSearchPath(qw(1 1.2 1.2.2)); # pass the visitor to a tree $tree->accept($visitor); # fetch the result, which will # be the Tree::Simple object that # we have found, or undefined my $result = $visitor->getResult() || die "No Tree found"; # our result's node value should match # the last element in our path print $result->getNodeValue(); # this should print 1.2.2 DESCRIPTION
Given a path and Tree::Simple hierarchy, this Visitor will attempt to find the node specified by the path. METHODS
new There are no arguments to the constructor the object will be in its default state. You can use the "setSearchPath" and "setNodeFilter" methods to customize its behavior. includeTrunk ($boolean) Based upon the value of $boolean, this will tell the visitor to include the trunk of the tree in the search as well. setSearchPath (@path) This is the path we will attempt to follow down the tree. We will do a stringified comparison of each element of the path and the current tree's node (or the value returned by the node filter if it is set). setNodeFilter ($filter_function) This method accepts a CODE reference as its $filter_function argument and throws an exception if it is not a code reference. This code reference is used to filter the tree nodes as they are collected. This can be used to customize output, or to gather specific information from a more complex tree node. The filter function should accept a single argument, which is the current Tree::Simple object. visit ($tree) This is the method that is used by Tree::Simple's "accept" method. It can also be used on its own, it requires the $tree argument to be a Tree::Simple object (or derived from a Tree::Simple object), and will throw and exception otherwise. getResult This method will return the tree found at the specified path (set by the "setSearchPath" method) or "undef" if no tree is found. getResults This method will return the tree's that make up the path specified in "setSearchPath". In the case of a failed search, this can be used to find the elements which did successfully match along the way. BUGS
None that I am aware of. Of course, if you find a bug, let me know, and I will be sure to fix it. CODE COVERAGE
See the CODE COVERAGE section in Tree::Simple::VisitorFactory for more inforamtion. SEE ALSO
These Visitor classes are all subclasses of Tree::Simple::Visitor, which can be found in the Tree::Simple module, you should refer to that module for more information. AUTHOR
stevan little, <stevan@iinteractive.com> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright 2004, 2005 by Infinity Interactive, Inc. <http://www.iinteractive.com> This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.10.1 2005-10-24 Tree::Simple::Visitor::FindByPath(3pm)