Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Create a list of files that were modified after a given date. Post 302160519 by rkka on Tuesday 22nd of January 2008 04:04:07 AM
Old 01-22-2008
thanks for the reply.
please could you explain the "-ctime +30" portion. I dont get it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

list last 10 days modified files

All, Is there is anyother single command that will handle ls -lrt | tail -10 Please let me know Thanks, Arun. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to know year create/modified files?

Dear all, how to know created file time, include the year created/last modified? if using #ls -al only month date and time Thank you. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: blesets
5 Replies

3. Linux

compare files in the system with last modified date

HI, I have some files in my Linux machine that are very old and occupy a HUGe amount of space. I am trying to delete these files from the system so that it will be easy for me to add some files. I would like to know if this can done through a Perl or a shell script. What i want to do is i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding modified File List after the chosen date in Korne Shell...

I am trying to write a Korne Shell asking the user for a date and a directory and then search recursively in this directory the list of files modified after the date chosen. But I am not getting good results when I Test it... #!/usr/bin/ksh echo "Enter a date (YYYYMMDD) " read date touch -t... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marconi
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find last modified date for many files

Hello all - I've looked and have not been able to find a "find" command that will list the last modified date of files within a specific directory and its subdirectories. If anyone knows of such a command it would be very much appreciated! If possible, I would like to sort this output and have... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: MichaelH3947
5 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Number of files in a directory modified on a date

Hi How to list all the files in a directory that are modified on a particular date? Also need to know the count,i.e number of files modified on a particular date. Thanks Ashok (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ashok.k
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP files modified after a particular date between servers

Hi all, i need to write a shell script to transfer a file modified after a particular date from one server to another. I searched for the related posts in this forum and got hints and snippets for it. i tried the below code ftp serverA user uname pwd lcd to_dir cd from_dir files=$(find... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mick_000
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mv folders/files without changing modified date?

Hi all, I'm using Red Hat Linux and want to move some folders and files around but not change the modified date. Is this possible? I know cp has a -p flag which seems to do what I want, but this is a large volume of data so copying and deleting would not be feasible. (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Annorax
13 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the files which has modified date as yesterday and before?

Hi All, Can you please help me to get only the files which has the modified date as yesterday and before? Thanks in advance! Regards, Velava.S (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: velava
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files with date, create directory, move to the created directory

Hi all, i have a folder, with tons of files containing as following, on /my/folder/jobs/ some_name_2016-01-17-22-38-58_some name_0_0.zip.done some_name_2016-01-17-22-40-30_some name_0_0.zip.done some_name_2016-01-17-22-48-50_some name_0_0.zip.done and these can be lots of similar files,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: charli1
6 Replies
xcb_get_selection_owner(3)					   XCB Requests 					xcb_get_selection_owner(3)

NAME
xcb_get_selection_owner - Gets the owner of a selection SYNOPSIS
#include <xcb/xproto.h> Request function xcb_get_selection_owner_cookie_t xcb_get_selection_owner(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_atom_t selection); Reply datastructure typedef struct xcb_get_selection_owner_reply_t { uint8_t response_type; uint8_t pad0; uint16_t sequence; uint32_t length; xcb_window_t owner; } xcb_get_selection_owner_reply_t; Reply function xcb_get_selection_owner_reply_t *xcb_get_selection_owner_reply(xcb_connection_t *conn, xcb_get_selection_owner_cookie_t cookie, xcb_generic_error_t **e); REQUEST ARGUMENTS
conn The XCB connection to X11. selection The selection. REPLY FIELDS
response_type The type of this reply, in this case XCB_GET_SELECTION_OWNER. This field is also present in the xcb_generic_reply_t and can be used to tell replies apart from each other. sequence The sequence number of the last request processed by the X11 server. length The length of the reply, in words (a word is 4 bytes). owner The current selection owner window. DESCRIPTION
Gets the owner of the specified selection. TODO: briefly explain what a selection is. RETURN VALUE
Returns an xcb_get_selection_owner_cookie_t. Errors have to be handled when calling the reply function xcb_get_selection_owner_reply. If you want to handle errors in the event loop instead, use xcb_get_selection_owner_unchecked. See xcb-requests(3) for details. ERRORS
xcb_atom_error_t selection does not refer to a valid atom. SEE ALSO
xcb-requests(3), xcb_set_selection_owner(3) AUTHOR
Generated from xproto.xml. Contact xcb@lists.freedesktop.org for corrections and improvements. XCB
2014-06-10 xcb_get_selection_owner(3)