Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Pick the exact value
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pick the exact value Post 302160475 by ghostdog74 on Tuesday 22nd of January 2008 02:10:07 AM
Old 01-22-2008
Code:
#!/usr/bin/python
f=open("file")
for line in f:
    if line.startswith("OuterLines=1"):
        if f.next().startswith("InnerLine=1"):
            while 1:
                N=f.next().strip()
                if N.startswith("InnerLine=2"): 
                    break
                print N
f.close()

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to pick out last charactor of a string?

Hi, Does anyone know how many ways to pick out last charactor of a string? Thanks! (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cin2000
7 Replies

2. Solaris

Please help me pick a machine

Hey guys I am new here and like this forum alot. I went to get into Solaris and would like to buy a sun box on ebay. NON rackmount. Problem is there is so many diff types. I am looking for one under the $800 range that can support solaris 10 and have the basics and decent ram. Can you guys... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gnfanatic
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

pick columns

I want to be able pick columns from 2 files with similar reference data: File 1 Last NameFirst NameSalaryCityDunnJohn $42,000.00 ChicagoGrantSuzy $95,000.00 GaryLoweMike $80,000.00 MilwaukeeGrantMike $59,000.00 JolietLoweKaren $48,000.00 South BendFile 2 TitleFirst NameLast... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sigh2010
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pick one file from each subdirectory

Hi, I have a problem I am trying to solve with bash. I need to search in a file system (data base) with hundreds of directories and thousands of subdirectories and millions of files. The files have a specific format with a header that gives the properties. Directories are organized so... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: majest
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

QUESTION1: grep only exact string. QUESTION2: find and replace only exact value with sed

QUESTION1: How do you grep only an exact string. I am using Solaris10 and do not have any GNU products installed. Contents of car.txt CAR1_KEY0 CAR1_KEY1 CAR2_KEY0 CAR2_KEY1 CAR1_KEY10 CURRENT COMMAND LINE: WHERE VARIABLE CAR_NUMBER=1 AND KEY_NUMBER=1 grep... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thibodc
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pick and print

Hi Friends, I'm facing an issue. I am having a file as under : a1 b1 c1 a2 a3 a4 b4 a5 b5 and I need to get the output as under: a1 b1 a4 b4 a5 b5 i.e. to pick the columns where a and b are consecutive and ignoring rest. I was trying some thing sily as: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanand420
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

echo exact xml tag from an exact file

Im stumped on this one. Id like to echo into a .txt file all names for an xml feed in a huge folder. Can that be done?? Id need to echo <name>This name</name> in client.xml files. $path="/mnt/windows/path" echo 'recording names' cd "$path" for names in $path than Im stuck on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: graphicsman
2 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Pick Operating System

Anyone know anything about "Advanced Plus Operating Environment". Preferably release 10 Revision 522Gcd probably dated 2003. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgt
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pick systems

looking for any advise on how to export Pick data from an AIX implementation. i have someone with limited experience that knows how to create a text file from a pick database. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jgt
1 Replies
GIT-CHERRY-PICK(1)						    Git Manual							GIT-CHERRY-PICK(1)

NAME
git-cherry-pick - Apply the change introduced by an existing commit SYNOPSIS
git cherry-pick [--edit] [-n] [-m parent-number] [-s] [-x] [--ff] <commit> DESCRIPTION
Given one existing commit, apply the change the patch introduces, and record a new commit that records it. This requires your working tree to be clean (no modifications from the HEAD commit). OPTIONS
<commit> Commit to cherry-pick. For a more complete list of ways to spell commits, see the "SPECIFYING REVISIONS" section in git-rev-parse(1). -e, --edit With this option, git cherry-pick will let you edit the commit message prior to committing. -x When recording the commit, append to the original commit message a note that indicates which commit this change was cherry-picked from. Append the note only for cherry picks without conflicts. Do not use this option if you are cherry-picking from your private branch because the information is useless to the recipient. If on the other hand you are cherry-picking between two publicly visible branches (e.g. backporting a fix to a maintenance branch for an older release from a development branch), adding this information can be useful. -r It used to be that the command defaulted to do -x described above, and -r was to disable it. Now the default is not to do -x so this option is a no-op. -m parent-number, --mainline parent-number Usually you cannot cherry-pick a merge because you do not know which side of the merge should be considered the mainline. This option specifies the parent number (starting from 1) of the mainline and allows cherry-pick to replay the change relative to the specified parent. -n, --no-commit Usually the command automatically creates a commit. This flag applies the change necessary to cherry-pick the named commit to your working tree and the index, but does not make the commit. In addition, when this option is used, your index does not have to match the HEAD commit. The cherry-pick is done against the beginning state of your index. This is useful when cherry-picking more than one commits' effect to your index in a row. -s, --signoff Add Signed-off-by line at the end of the commit message. --ff If the current HEAD is the same as the parent of the cherry-pick'ed commit, then a fast forward to this commit will be performed. AUTHOR
Written by Junio C Hamano <gitster@pobox.com[1]> DOCUMENTATION
Documentation by Junio C Hamano and the git-list <git@vger.kernel.org[2]>. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite NOTES
1. gitster@pobox.com mailto:gitster@pobox.com 2. git@vger.kernel.org mailto:git@vger.kernel.org Git 1.7.1 07/05/2010 GIT-CHERRY-PICK(1)