Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users find formatted filename with date time Post 302160437 by ghostdog74 on Monday 21st of January 2008 10:52:15 PM
Old 01-21-2008
assuming all files end in *.xtx . Using GNUawk
Code:
ls *.xtx | awk 'BEGIN { FS="[:_]"
 printf "Enter from date [yyyy mm dd]: "
 getline startymd < "/dev/tty"
 printf "Enter to date [yyyy mm dd]: "
 getline endymd < "/dev/tty"
 s=startymd " 00 00 00"
 stdate = mktime(s)
 e=endymd " 00 00 00"
 edate = mktime(e)
}
{
 find = $3" "$4" "$5" 00 00 00" 
 founddate=mktime(find)
 if ( (founddate > stdate) &&  (founddate < edate) ) {
   print "Found file: " $0
 } 
}'

output:
Code:
# ls -1 *xtx
CSQ_NPGS_2008_01_22_120012.xtx
CSS_GCYN_2008_01_18_130022.xtx
STAT_BML1_2007_11_22_110012.xtx
STAT_BML1_2007_12_22_110012.xtx
# ./test.sh
Enter from date [yyyy mm dd]: 2007 12 11
Enter to date [yyyy mm dd]: 2008 01 18
Found file: STAT_BML1_2007_12_22_110012.xtx

pls do more testing on your own

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Renaming files to have date/time in filename

I have a program that will export my data to a single file, but it assigns a file name that is overridden every time I run the program. I need to change the file name to have a sequential number in the filename. How do I rename a file so that the filename contains the system date and time. I want... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wayneb
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Insert date/time within a filename

Hi Guys, I need to script the renaming of files as followins: files: firstjd secondjo thirdjv My script needs to insert the date/time infront of the last 2 characters of the filenames above, any ideas greatly received :) the letters before the last 2 characters could change, I'm only... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cooperman
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding Date & time stamps to filename

I need to edit the file name with date and time while writing the script. please help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manish.s
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

unixtime to formatted date time

Hi, I need to take the unix time and format it to a date/time string like this yyyymmdd,hhmmss I'm wrting in shell but have tried calling perl, but all the perl options I found on here puts output to Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1970 format. Any help? Cheers Neil (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nhatch
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell Scripts - Append a filename with date and time....

Hello, I need to create a shell script that appends a filename to create a name with the date and time appended that is guaranteed to not exist. That is, the script insures you will not overwrite a file with the same name. I am lost with this one. I know I need to use date but after that I am... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: citizencro
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

append a filename with system date and time

Hi, There are similar kind of posts, but none seems like working for me. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I need append/rename file abc.txt with file processed date and time like abc_systemdatetimestamp.txt and move it to different folder. for example I have /source/data/abc.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amsn08
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files greater than a particular date in filename.

I need a unix command which will find all the files greater that a particular date in the file name. say for example I have files like(filenaming cov : filename.YYDDMMSSSS.txt) abc.201206015423.txt abc.201207013456.txt abc.201202011234.txt abc.201201024321.txt efg.201202011234.txt... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: lijjumathew
11 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Validate date and time in filename by awk

hi i want to validate the date and time in filename filename : mohan.moh.ccyymmdd.ccyymmdd.hhmmss.txt mohan_moh.20151222.20151222.122442.txt i want code that check that date given in filename 20151222 in this format ccyymmdd else it mark file is not valid used in my OS detail is AIX 6... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: MOHANP12
12 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to extract date and time from filename?

Hi, I'm totally new in sell script and working with a shell code. I want to extract the date and time from the filenames. The filenames are different but all of them begins with WI_ SCOPE_: WI_SCOPE_DATA_CHANGE_2017-09-12_15-30-40.txt WI_SCOPE_BACK_COMPLETE_QUEUE_2017-09-12_15-31-40.txt... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Home
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Extract date and time part from filename

Hi, I am facing one scenario in which I need to extract exact position of date and time from the name of the files. For example, Below is the record in which I need to extract position of YYYYMMDD,HHMISS and YYMMDD. Date and time variables can come more than once. I need to use these position... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prathmesh
13 Replies
GETDATE(1)                                                         User Commands                                                        GETDATE(1)

NAME
getdate - AME SYNOPSIS
[-dv][-n dec][-f format] [ra dec sys] itype2otype [date and/or time] DESCRIPTION
Convert date and time between various formats [-dv][-n dec][-f format] itype2otype @file itype: nfd=ISOFITS fd=FITS, dt=yyyy.mmdd, hr=hh:mm:ss, deg=dd:mm:ss jd=Julian Date, mjd=Modified Julian Date hjd=Heliocentric Julian Date, mhjd=Modified HJD ep=epoch, epj=Julian epoch, epb=Besselian epoch lt=local time, ut=UT, ts=seconds since 1950-01-01 now=current time, ang=fractional degrees otype: fd=FITS, dt=yyyy.mmdd, jd=Julian Date, mjd=Modified Julian Date hjd=Heliocentric Julian Date, mhjd=Modified HJD hr=hh:mm:ss, deg=dd:mm:ss, ang=fractional degrees ep=epoch, epj=Julian epoch, epb=Besselian epoch ts=seconds since 1950-01-01, tsu=Unix sec, tsi=IRAF sec gst=Greenwich Sidereal Time, lst=Local Sidereal Time @file: First one or two columns are in itype format ra dec sys: Need for Heliocentric conversions -a: Append date to input file, if there is one -d: Print date without time -e: Print output as ET/TDT/TT converting from UT -f: Format for output number (C printf) -h hours: Longitude in hours, west positive -l degrees: Longitude in degrees, west positive -n: Number of decimal places in sec, epoch, JD -t: Print time without date -v: Verbose getdate 3.8.4 June 2012 GETDATE(1)