Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Running 2 Drives simultaneously? Post 302160331 by imabug on Monday 21st of January 2008 03:33:19 PM
Old 01-21-2008
Perhaps a virtual machine is what you want to do. I use VirtualBox on my home computer, although several of my friends use VMWare and seem to like it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Running 2 apaches simultaneously

Hello, I want to run 2 apaches simultaneusly in a system, one operating with port 80 and the other one with 85, i already have the configuration files ready and i tryed something i saw in a manual, like this: first i start apache as normal: /usr/local/etc/httpd/bin/apachectl start the i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sx3v1l_1n51de
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution of two jobs simultaneously

Hi All, I have a script and a diff program,(lets say a java program) which needs to be excuted simulaneously. What I am currently doing is excuting one in foregound and the other in the back ground. But as running the job in the background does not always fruitful, especially when the jobs are... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rinku11
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cp & mkdir simultaneously

Can I create a new directory and copy files to it in a single command (not by linking 2 commands with a semi colon)? If so how? The only way I can see to do it is to first create the new directory using mkdir THEN copy files to it using the cp command. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: enuenu
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how floppy disks, CDs and flash drives (pen drives) are accessed in UNIX

hi how floppy disks, CDs and flash drives (pen drives) are accessed in UNIX? thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nokia1100
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse 2 files simultaneously

Say I have 2 files of 2 rows of 3 columns each file1: cat catdata1 catdata2 dog dogdata1 dogdata2 file2: cat catdata3 catdata4 dog dogdata3 dogdata4 and I need to combine both files so that is appears like: cat catdata1 catdata2 catdata3 catdata4 dog dogdata1 dogdata2 dogdata3... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Awanka
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to call two programs simultaneously

Hi, i want to call two programs simultaneously from a currently running program so as to distribute the job and fasten the speed. As of now I call the programs one after the other within the main program. e.g. `perl A.pl`; `perl B.pl`; how can I run the two paralelly? urgent ... please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vipinccmb
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

renaming multiple files simultaneously

Hi , I have a large no of files which all end in .asp.htm extension . But for proper navigation between the pages I need to rename all those files as .asp only . How can it be done ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nshailesh
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a command in bg simultaneously with

Hi, I want to run the command below in the background: tail -f file.txt | grep "pattern" The file file.txt will start getting its contents written after this command has started getting run. So the flow will be like this tail -f file.txt | grep "pattern" #The line below will write data... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: King Nothing
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping through 2 files simultaneously

Hi all, I'm having a problem with a script which should ultimately provide a filename by reading a value from file1 and file2 then join together. I'm planning to use a loop/ loops to get the values out of both files and create a single string unfortunately the code currently treats the second... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris01010
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for running simultaneously two interfaces

Hi! I have two environments on a machine and each one has some scripts for checking if some interfaces are down, and if so, it restarts them. The issue now is that i cannot keep both interfaces running, on both environments i see the same process running. How can i modify my scripts in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jane_Doe
4 Replies
createhomedir(1)					    BSD General Commands Manual 					  createhomedir(1)

NAME
createhomedir -- create and populate home directories on the local computer. SYNOPSIS
createhomedir [-scbalh] [-n directoryDomainName] [-u username] DESCRIPTION
createhomedir provides several options for creating and populating home directories. OPTIONS
-s creates home directories for server home paths only (default). -c creates home directories for local home paths only. -b creates home directories for both server and local home paths. -a creates home directories for users defined in all directory domains of the server's search path. -l creates home directories for users defined in the local directory domain. -L causes the created home directory to be localized. -n directoryDomainName creates home directories for users defined in a specific directory domain in the server's search path. -u username creates a home directory for a specific user defined in the domain(s) identified in the -a, -l, or -n parameter. If you omit the -a, -l, and -n parameters when you use the -u parameter, -a is assumed. -i reads username list from standard input and creates specified home directories. Each username should be on its own line. -h usage help. FILES
/usr/sbin/createhomedir location of tool CAVEATS
When using the -a option, search limits of various directory servers (such as Open Directory or Active Directory) can prevent all possible home directories from being created. In this case, you may need to specify the usernames explicitly. Mac OS X May 31, 2019 Mac OS X