Sponsored Content
Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory Running 2 Drives simultaneously? Post 302160244 by sysgate on Monday 21st of January 2008 08:08:29 AM
Old 01-21-2008
If I got it correctly, you want to use the resources of both disks, but how exactly ? My understanding is that you can work under Linux and "mount" the Windows disk with some "ntfs-reader" driver, thus accessing the data. Please post more info on OSes as well as your specific requirements.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Running 2 apaches simultaneously

Hello, I want to run 2 apaches simultaneusly in a system, one operating with port 80 and the other one with 85, i already have the configuration files ready and i tryed something i saw in a manual, like this: first i start apache as normal: /usr/local/etc/httpd/bin/apachectl start the i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sx3v1l_1n51de
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution of two jobs simultaneously

Hi All, I have a script and a diff program,(lets say a java program) which needs to be excuted simulaneously. What I am currently doing is excuting one in foregound and the other in the back ground. But as running the job in the background does not always fruitful, especially when the jobs are... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rinku11
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cp & mkdir simultaneously

Can I create a new directory and copy files to it in a single command (not by linking 2 commands with a semi colon)? If so how? The only way I can see to do it is to first create the new directory using mkdir THEN copy files to it using the cp command. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: enuenu
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how floppy disks, CDs and flash drives (pen drives) are accessed in UNIX

hi how floppy disks, CDs and flash drives (pen drives) are accessed in UNIX? thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nokia1100
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to parse 2 files simultaneously

Say I have 2 files of 2 rows of 3 columns each file1: cat catdata1 catdata2 dog dogdata1 dogdata2 file2: cat catdata3 catdata4 dog dogdata3 dogdata4 and I need to combine both files so that is appears like: cat catdata1 catdata2 catdata3 catdata4 dog dogdata1 dogdata2 dogdata3... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Awanka
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to call two programs simultaneously

Hi, i want to call two programs simultaneously from a currently running program so as to distribute the job and fasten the speed. As of now I call the programs one after the other within the main program. e.g. `perl A.pl`; `perl B.pl`; how can I run the two paralelly? urgent ... please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vipinccmb
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

renaming multiple files simultaneously

Hi , I have a large no of files which all end in .asp.htm extension . But for proper navigation between the pages I need to rename all those files as .asp only . How can it be done ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nshailesh
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a command in bg simultaneously with

Hi, I want to run the command below in the background: tail -f file.txt | grep "pattern" The file file.txt will start getting its contents written after this command has started getting run. So the flow will be like this tail -f file.txt | grep "pattern" #The line below will write data... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: King Nothing
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping through 2 files simultaneously

Hi all, I'm having a problem with a script which should ultimately provide a filename by reading a value from file1 and file2 then join together. I'm planning to use a loop/ loops to get the values out of both files and create a single string unfortunately the code currently treats the second... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chris01010
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for running simultaneously two interfaces

Hi! I have two environments on a machine and each one has some scripts for checking if some interfaces are down, and if so, it restarts them. The issue now is that i cannot keep both interfaces running, on both environments i see the same process running. How can i modify my scripts in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jane_Doe
4 Replies
NTFS-3G.PROBE(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  NTFS-3G.PROBE(8)

NAME
ntfs-3g.probe - Probe an NTFS volume mountability SYNOPSIS
ntfs-3g.probe <--readonly|--readwrite> volume DESCRIPTION
The ntfs-3g.probe utility tests a volume if it's NTFS mountable read-only or read-write, and exits with a status value accordingly. The volume can be a block device or image file. OPTIONS
Below is a summary of the options that ntfs-3g.probe accepts. -r, --readonly Test if the volume can be mounted read-only. -w, --readwrite Test if the volume can be mounted read-write. -h, --help Display help and exit. EXAMPLE
Test if /dev/sda1 can be mounted read-write: ntfs-3g.probe --readwrite /dev/sda1 EXIT CODES
The exit codes are as follows: 0 Volume is mountable. 11 Syntax error, command line parsing failed. 12 The volume doesn't have a valid NTFS. 13 Inconsistent NTFS, hardware or device driver fault, or unsetup SoftRAID/FakeRAID hardware. 14 The NTFS partition is hibernated. 15 The volume was not cleanly unmounted. 16 The volume is already exclusively opened and in use by a kernel driver or software. 17 Unsetup SoftRAID/FakeRAID hardware. 18 Unknown reason. 19 Not enough privilege to mount. 20 Out of memory. 21 Unclassified FUSE error. KNOWN ISSUES
Please see http://ntfs-3g.org/support.html for common questions and known issues. If you think you have found an undocumented problem in the latest release of the software then please send an email describing it in detail. You can contact the development team on the ntfs-3g-devel@lists.sf.net address. AUTHORS
ntfs-3g.probe was written by Szabolcs Szakacsits (szaka@ntfs-3g.org). THANKS
Alon Bar-Lev has integrated the utility into the NTFS-3G build process and tested it with Erik Larsson before the public release. SEE ALSO
ntfs-3g(8) ntfs-3g.probe 2010.3.6 January 2008 NTFS-3G.PROBE(8)