Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to export
Operating Systems BSD How to export Post 302160195 by ThobiasVakayil on Monday 21st of January 2008 06:00:24 AM
Old 01-21-2008
hello,

Please run like this :
$ . ./1.sh
So whatever export variables inside the script 1.sh will be available in the shell.

Regards,
Thobias

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

export-dynamic

I load some dynamic libraries from main module (with dlopen). These libraries use 1 function from main module, therefore in Makefile I must use gcc -g -Wl,--export-dynamic,-rpath,./lib -o not not.o db.o -ldl -ldb -lpcap Note option --export-dynamic that is passed to the ELF linker. The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitori
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

export only last two fields?

export only last two fields? here is my test file, with variable length of fields, each line is composed of letter only, and each line has at least 2 fields, fields were separated by dot (.) abcd.abc.mlm dft.dfasdf.bmk.kdjlka ksdfalksdjfsl.tyu.ml kasdjf.asdfkja.asdfj.asdf.df.m lja.ml... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with EXPORT

hi, :) I created a main script called "Paymain.prg" ( /proj/paymain.prg) In this script i created two variables as follows MASTER=/HOME/emaster.dbf TRAN=/HOME/etran.dbf Aftre that i exported that two variables EXPORT MASTER TRAN But when i use these two variable in another script calld... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

export???

I am trying to export the variable OBJ2 and set it to done. Can some one please let me how to do this? I have tried editing my .bashrc file with this echo <VARIABLE_NAME>=<"OBJ2"> But that wont seem to work... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Justinkase
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

About export

Hi all, I am calling a script from main script. The called script (second script) have to return some value, i can use exit to pass but in exit i have to pass some other value. i used "export Var", but this command resides in a function of second script. could you please tell me how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

export. I know it, but...

Hello, I have the following command at the "Shell": export PATH=${PATH}:${ANT_HOME}/bin I know what "export" does and the ANT_HOME part. But, regarding the following part: ${PATH} What is "PATH" Supposed to be here. In other words, what is the value of "PATH". As far as for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SWEngineer
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Export variable

Hi I have a pass a variable from one script to another. Here are my scripts Script #1 ./profile #!/bin/sh export NAME="Hello" Script #2 ./test #!/bin/sh ./profile echo $NAME when I run ./test .. i am not getting anything .. why is that? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arex876
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle export

Hi Experts , Does anybody know the sheel scripts , which exports oracle tables into xls files . Thanks for your feedback. Regards Pranav (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Heisonline
1 Replies

9. AIX

nfs export

Hi How to export a file system from my aix box named ABC in such a way that everyone on the network should be able to import it When on the client side if they give showmount -e ABC it should show like this: # showmount -e ABC export list for ABC: /sybase/software (everyone) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
2 Replies

10. Ubuntu

How use export

Hello, I'm trying to use export for non use "./" when I execute a program. I mean "program" in place of "./program" I tried this: export doit=program But doesn't work the answer is: doit command not found Then, I see the variables using export, and I can see: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NewBe
1 Replies
GIT-SH-SETUP(1) 						    Git Manual							   GIT-SH-SETUP(1)

NAME
git-sh-setup - Common git shell script setup code SYNOPSIS
. "$(git --exec-path)/git-sh-setup" DESCRIPTION
This is not a command the end user would want to run. Ever. This documentation is meant for people who are studying the Porcelain-ish scripts and/or are writing new ones. The git sh-setup scriptlet is designed to be sourced (using .) by other shell scripts to set up some variables pointing at the normal git directories and a few helper shell functions. Before sourcing it, your script should set up a few variables; USAGE (and LONG_USAGE, if any) is used to define message given by usage() shell function. SUBDIRECTORY_OK can be set if the script can run from a subdirectory of the working tree (some commands do not). The scriptlet sets GIT_DIR and GIT_OBJECT_DIRECTORY shell variables, but does not export them to the environment. FUNCTIONS
die exit after emitting the supplied error message to the standard error stream. usage die with the usage message. set_reflog_action set the message that will be recorded to describe the end-user action in the reflog, when the script updates a ref. git_editor runs an editor of user's choice (GIT_EDITOR, core.editor, VISUAL or EDITOR) on a given file, but error out if no editor is specified and the terminal is dumb. is_bare_repository outputs true or false to the standard output stream to indicate if the repository is a bare repository (i.e. without an associated working tree). cd_to_toplevel runs chdir to the toplevel of the working tree. require_work_tree checks if the repository is a bare repository, and dies if so. Used by scripts that require working tree (e.g. checkout). get_author_ident_from_commit outputs code for use with eval to set the GIT_AUTHOR_NAME, GIT_AUTHOR_EMAIL and GIT_AUTHOR_DATE variables for a given commit. AUTHOR
Written by Linus Torvalds <torvalds@osdl.org[1]> DOCUMENTATION
Documentation by Junio C Hamano and the git-list <git@vger.kernel.org[2]>. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite NOTES
1. torvalds@osdl.org mailto:torvalds@osdl.org 2. git@vger.kernel.org mailto:git@vger.kernel.org Git 1.7.1 07/05/2010 GIT-SH-SETUP(1)