Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to export
Operating Systems BSD How to export Post 302160179 by vino on Monday 21st of January 2008 04:37:15 AM
Old 01-21-2008
What you have done seems right.

Did you do that in a shell script ? If so, you will have to source that shell script to see the changes in your shell.

Code:
source myscript.sh

What did you do ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

export-dynamic

I load some dynamic libraries from main module (with dlopen). These libraries use 1 function from main module, therefore in Makefile I must use gcc -g -Wl,--export-dynamic,-rpath,./lib -o not not.o db.o -ldl -ldb -lpcap Note option --export-dynamic that is passed to the ELF linker. The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitori
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

export only last two fields?

export only last two fields? here is my test file, with variable length of fields, each line is composed of letter only, and each line has at least 2 fields, fields were separated by dot (.) abcd.abc.mlm dft.dfasdf.bmk.kdjlka ksdfalksdjfsl.tyu.ml kasdjf.asdfkja.asdfj.asdf.df.m lja.ml... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fedora
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem with EXPORT

hi, :) I created a main script called "Paymain.prg" ( /proj/paymain.prg) In this script i created two variables as follows MASTER=/HOME/emaster.dbf TRAN=/HOME/etran.dbf Aftre that i exported that two variables EXPORT MASTER TRAN But when i use these two variable in another script calld... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi raj kumar
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

export???

I am trying to export the variable OBJ2 and set it to done. Can some one please let me how to do this? I have tried editing my .bashrc file with this echo <VARIABLE_NAME>=<"OBJ2"> But that wont seem to work... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Justinkase
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

About export

Hi all, I am calling a script from main script. The called script (second script) have to return some value, i can use exit to pass but in exit i have to pass some other value. i used "export Var", but this command resides in a function of second script. could you please tell me how to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

export. I know it, but...

Hello, I have the following command at the "Shell": export PATH=${PATH}:${ANT_HOME}/bin I know what "export" does and the ANT_HOME part. But, regarding the following part: ${PATH} What is "PATH" Supposed to be here. In other words, what is the value of "PATH". As far as for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SWEngineer
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Export variable

Hi I have a pass a variable from one script to another. Here are my scripts Script #1 ./profile #!/bin/sh export NAME="Hello" Script #2 ./test #!/bin/sh ./profile echo $NAME when I run ./test .. i am not getting anything .. why is that? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arex876
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Oracle export

Hi Experts , Does anybody know the sheel scripts , which exports oracle tables into xls files . Thanks for your feedback. Regards Pranav (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Heisonline
1 Replies

9. AIX

nfs export

Hi How to export a file system from my aix box named ABC in such a way that everyone on the network should be able to import it When on the client side if they give showmount -e ABC it should show like this: # showmount -e ABC export list for ABC: /sybase/software (everyone) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
2 Replies

10. Ubuntu

How use export

Hello, I'm trying to use export for non use "./" when I execute a program. I mean "program" in place of "./program" I tried this: export doit=program But doesn't work the answer is: doit command not found Then, I see the variables using export, and I can see: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NewBe
1 Replies
platform::shell(n)					       Tcl Bundled Packages						platform::shell(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform::shell - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform::shell ?1.1.4? platform::shell::generic shell platform::shell::identify shell platform::shell::platform shell _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform::shell package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell. This package allows the identification of the architecture of a specific Tcl shell different from the shell running the package. The only requirement is that the other shell (identified by its path), is actually executable on the current machine. While for most platform this means that the architecture of the interrogated shell is identical to the architecture of the running shell this is not generally true. A counter example are all platforms which have 32 and 64 bit variants and where a 64bit system is able to run 32bit code. For these running and interrogated shell may have different 32/64 bit settings and thus different identifiers. For applications like a code repository it is important to identify the architecture of the shell which will actually run the installed packages, versus the architecture of the shell running the repository software. COMMANDS
platform::shell::identify shell This command does the same identification as platform::identify, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::generic shell This command does the same identification as platform::generic, for the specified Tcl shell, in contrast to the running shell. platform::shell::platform shell This command returns the contents of tcl_platform(platform) for the specified Tcl shell. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform::shell 1.1.4 platform::shell(n)