Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: hp ux not sending mail
Operating Systems HP-UX hp ux not sending mail Post 302160004 by kkhan on Saturday 19th of January 2008 08:05:16 PM
Old 01-19-2008
hp ux not sending mail

Hi..

In Hp ux box,, mails are not being sent. they are getting queued up in mail queue.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending a mail to a mail client

Hi everyone! I'm trying to create a database monitoring script that reads an alert file and sends an error message if it can 'grep' a particular string. Is there a way to send this message to a mail client using SMTP? Even better, is there any place on this site that has these kinds of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris73
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sending mail

How do I send an email with a subject and an attachment from a command prompt? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mskarica
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mail sending

Dear all, how can i send mail using mailx or mail command?do i need to configure anything for sending mail?please help me.Its urgent. the version i use is Linux TDM 2.4.21-4.EL #1 Fri Oct 3 18:13:58 EDT 2003 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux Thanks Regards, Pankaj (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: panknil
15 Replies

4. Ubuntu

help sending mail

Hi, I have kubuntu 8.10 and I would like to configure Ubuntu to can send mail from command line with mailx. I've saw that I need to install a MTA. But I don't know with install and how. Do you know some howto or url where I find how could I configure it? Many thanks and sorry for my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mierdatuti
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sending mail

i want to send an email from the unix machine to the windows machine. now windows dont have any specified folder for the mail. mail has to be sent to the email-id like abc@xyz.com unix machine itself can not directly send mail. it has to be transferred via mail server. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: parmeet
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending mail

Hi there, How can I send the automated log file, daily at 7 am to the respective mail . Thanks in Advance, Neha (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: NehaKrish
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stop sending mail after certain number of mail

Hi guys... I am busy writing a script to notify me via an mail if my application is down. I have done that. Now I want this script to stop sending mails after five mails were sent but the script should keep on checking the application. When the application is up again that count should be... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phuti
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending Mail

Hi All, I have a script that looks like this: *********** #!/bin/sh -x cd /u01/app/oracle/diag/rdbms/spdb/spdb/trace cat alert_spdb.log|grep Archiver >/dev/null if ; then mailx -s "Archiver message in Alert log" user@email.com fi ************ Im using the -x option to see any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oradba888
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sending mail

How can i send a mail when user login in unix ENV. How can i know present use mailID?? Moved out of Contact Us Forum - Please Do Not Post Technical Questions in Non-Technical Forum(s) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arun508.gatike
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Problems sending mail: Difference between Mail and Mailx?

Whats the difference between mail and mailx? I'm trying to troubleshoot a problem where I can send mail from server A with this `echo $MESSAGE | mail -s "$SUBJECT" -r $FROM $RECIPIENTS` command but executing the same command from server B throws me this error (Both servers are RHEL) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: RedSpyder
1 Replies
qmail-queue(8)						      System Manager's Manual						    qmail-queue(8)

NAME
qmail-queue - queue a mail message for delivery SYNOPSIS
qmail-queue DESCRIPTION
qmail-queue reads a mail message from descriptor 0. It then reads envelope information from descriptor 1. It places the message into the outgoing queue for future delivery by qmail-send. The envelope information is an envelope sender address followed by a list of envelope recipient addresses. The sender address is preceded by the letter F and terminated by a 0 byte. Each recipient address is preceded by the letter T and terminated by a 0 byte. The list of recipient addresses is terminated by an extra 0 byte. If qmail-queue sees end-of-file before the extra 0 byte, it aborts without placing the message into the queue. Every envelope recipient address should contain a username, an @ sign, and a fully qualified domain name. qmail-queue always adds a Received line to the top of the message. Other than this, qmail-queue does not inspect the message and does not enforce any restrictions on its contents. However, the recipients probably expect to see a proper header, as described in qmail-header(5). Programs included with qmail which invoke qmail-queue will invoke the contents of $QMAILQUEUE instead, if that environment variable is set. FILESYSTEM RESTRICTIONS
qmail-queue imposes two constraints on the queue structure: each mess subdirectory must be in the same filesystem as the pid directory; and each todo subdirectory must be in the same filesystem as the intd directory. EXIT CODES
qmail-queue does not print diagnostics. It exits 0 if it has successfully queued the message. It exits between 1 and 99 if it has failed to queue the message. All qmail-queue error codes between 11 and 40 indicate permanent errors: 11 Address too long. 31 Mail server permanently refuses to send the message to any recipients. (Not used by qmail-queue, but can be used by programs offering the same interface.) All other qmail-queue error codes indicate temporary errors: 51 Out of memory. 52 Timeout. 53 Write error; e.g., disk full. 54 Unable to read the message or envelope. 55 Unable to read a configuration file. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 56 Problem making a network connection from this host. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 61 Problem with the qmail home directory. 62 Problem with the queue directory. 63 Problem with queue/pid. 64 Problem with queue/mess. 65 Problem with queue/intd. 66 Problem with queue/todo. 71 Mail server temporarily refuses to send the message to any recipients. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 72 Connection to mail server timed out. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 73 Connection to mail server rejected. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 74 Connection to mail server succeeded, but communication failed. (Not used by qmail-queue.) 81 Internal bug; e.g., segmentation fault. 91 Envelope format error. SEE ALSO
addresses(5), envelopes(5), qmail-header(5), qmail-inject(8), qmail-qmqpc(8), qmail-send(8), qmail-smtpd(8) qmail-queue(8)