Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Replace field in csv
Operating Systems Linux Replace field in csv Post 302159966 by pcboss on Saturday 19th of January 2008 05:24:42 PM
Old 01-19-2008
Thanks

I can achieve what I need by redirecting to another file, and then renameming those files...

Thanks a lot.... Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace a field in a CSV file

Hello all, I've a CSV file and need to replace 5th field if its value is "X". The exact requirement is to replace 5th field (column) with "Y" if a. it's value is "X" AND b. the line must start with ABC string i guess this can be done with awk. Pl help. For security reasons, the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a particular field in all records in a csv file

hi, i have various csv files, the file format is as follows Entry: "1",4,2010/08/15-10-00-00.01,,"E",,,,,,,,,120,0,"M4_","C","KEW-011-5337140-20100916163456-540097","1234567890","N N 0 ",,,"NUK 800100200",,,"NN",,,,,,,,,,,,"0000000001|0001|20150401... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: niteesh_!7
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extract a certain field from a CSV?

EDIT: This problem has been solved thanks to the help of scottn. Okay, so I have a CSV. Let's say it has the following entries in it: Jackie Chan,1954,M Chuck Norris,1930,M Bruce Lee,1940,M How would I, for example, extract the gender out of a certain person, maybe based on the year of... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: chickeneaterguy
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed to replace a field from a line with another field

i have something like this, cat filename.txt hui this si s"dfgdfg" omeone ipaddress="10.19.123.104" wel hope this works i want to replace only 10.19.123.104 with different ip say 10.19.123.103 i tried this sed -i "s/'ipaddress'/'ipaddress=10.19.123.103'/g" filename.txt ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a field with a character as per the field length

Hi all, I have a requirement to replace a field with a character as per the length of the field. Suppose i have a file where second field is of 20 character length. I want to replace second field with 20 stars (*). like ******************** As the field is not a fixed one, i want to do the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gani_85
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting field values from .csv

How can I select the bold fields from the following? "CLLI","SWREL","RPTDATE","RPTIME","TZ","RPTTYPE","RPTPD","IVALDATE","IVALSTART","IVALEND","NUMENTIDS" "tklc9010801","EAGLE5 45.0.0-64.70.1","2013-08-07","02:01:50","MST ","COMPONENT MEASUREMENTS ON... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: leghorn
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Update field value on a csv file

Hi I have a job status csv file. I want to update the status of the job in the file. Below is the csv file 1,jobname1,in_progress,starttime,somthing,somthing 2,jobname2,completed,starttime,somthing,somthing 3,jobname3,failed,starttime,somthing,somthing... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: midhun19
8 Replies

8. Linux

How do I format a Date field of a .CSV file with multiple commas in a string field?

I have a .CSV file (file.csv) whose data are all enclosed in double quotes. Sample format of the file is as below: column1,column2,column3,column4,column5,column6, column7, Column8, Column9, Column10 "12","B000QRIGJ4","4432","string with quotes, and with a comma, and colon: in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match columns from two csv files and update field in one of the csv file

Hi, I have a file of csv data, which looks like this: file1: 1AA,LGV_PONCEY_LES_ATHEE,1,\N,1,00020460E1,0,\N,\N,\N,\N,2,00.22335321,0.00466628 2BB,LES_POUGES_ASF,\N,200,200,00006298G1,0,\N,\N,\N,\N,1,00.30887539,0.00050312... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: djoseph
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to replace last field in a file,if first field matches

Hi, Need to replace last field in a file(/etc/passwd) ,if first filed matches with particular username. Scenario: cat testfor1 deekshi:x:7082:7082::/home/deekshi:/bin/bash harini1:x:7083:7083::/home/harini1:/bin/bash Here,if first field contains "deekshi", then i should replace... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sumanthsv
4 Replies
RDIFF-BACKUP(1) 						   User Manuals 						   RDIFF-BACKUP(1)

NAME
rdiff-backup-statistics - summarize rdiff-backup statistics files SYNOPSIS
rdiff-backup-statistics [--begin-time time] [--end-time time] [--minimum-ratio ratio] [--null-separator] [--quiet] repository DESCRIPTION
rdiff-backup-statistics reads the matching statistics files in a backup repository made by rdiff-backup and prints some summary statistics to the screen. It does not alter the repository in any way. The required argument is the pathname of the root of an rdiff-backup repository. For instance, if you ran "rdiff-backup in out", you could later run "rdiff-backup-statistics out". The output has two parts. The first is simply an average of the all matching session_statistics files. The meaning of these fields is explained in the FAQ included in the package, and also at http://rdiff-backup.nongnu.org/FAQ.html#statistics. The second section lists some particularly significant files (including directories). These files are either contain a lot of data, take up increment space, or contain a lot of changed files. All the files that are above the minimum ratio (default 5%) will be listed. If a file or directory is listed, its contributions are subtracted from its parent. That is why the percentage listed after a directory can be larger than the percentage of its parent. Without this, the root directory would always be the largest, and the output would be boring. OPTIONS
--begin-time time Do not read statistics files older than time. By default, all statistics files will be read. time should be in the same format taken by --restore-as-of. (See TIME FORMATS in the rdiff-backup man page for details.) --end-time time Like --begin-time but exclude statistics files later than time. --minimum-ratio ratio Print all directories contributing more than the given ratio to the total. The default value is .05, or 5 percent. --null-separator Specify that the lines of the file_statistics file are separated by nulls (). The default is to assume that newlines separate. Use this switch if rdiff-backup was run with the --null-separator when making the given repository. --quiet Suppress printing of the "Processing statistics from session..." output lines. BUGS
When aggregating multiple statistics files, some directories above (but close to) the minimum ratio may not be displayed. For this reason, you may want to set the minimum-ratio lower than need. AUTHOR
Ben Escoto <ben@emerose.org>, based on original script by Dean Gaudet. SEE ALSO
rdiff-backup(1), python(1). The rdiff-backup web page is at http://rdiff-backup.nongnu.org/. Version 1.2.8 March 2009 RDIFF-BACKUP(1)