Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: very simpale plz reply soon
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting very simpale plz reply soon Post 302159869 by ramiitkgp on Saturday 19th of January 2008 01:55:39 AM
Old 01-19-2008
CPU & Memory very simpale plz reply soon

Hi I am posting very simple query....Actually I did but not working properly

1>Write a shell prog that print the name and size of .c file in the current directory.

2> write a shell programe to print only the name and free space of the fielsystem in ur disk with the maximum available free space.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

plz Help How should I configure cc compiler output file plz help???

i.e configuration of C compiler :confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: atiato
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Plz reply..whether it is possible or not?

HELLO GUYS, How u all guys doing?Recently I brought a system and installed Red Hat Linux in it. I have also got a network card. My question is can i connect NIC to my system and use it as a client? I really don't want to buy another system. I want to use this computer/system both as server and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyno
3 Replies

3. Programming

plz help!

i'm pretty new to unix programming. i just wanna know how exactly fork(), waitpid() works. i have read some from the book, but it's still confusing. especially with those < 0 and == 0. plz help!!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ligerdave
1 Replies

4. Programming

plz help

alright, i just got this assignment. since im very new to unix programming, i would like to have some ideas about it. honestly, i dont even know what the hell he is asking for. plz see the attached pdf and help me out. thank you :( (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ligerdave
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

help me out plz

hi all, this is my 1st post to this helpful forum. I am really struck in a situation. Please help me out in this. I will tell u by the example; I have one file named as abc.txt, and its content are Cat Dog Apple what I need to do is to write a script which will read through this file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zahirkhan
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

plz help me

this script reads source.txt and move and random choice 6 files among 25 txt file and renmame it.. but it is not executed.. whats problem? #!/bin/ksh while read line do cd $line/radmin num=0 /bin/ls *.txt | while read file_nm ; do (( check = $RANDOM % 2 )) if ; then continue... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: topic32428285
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I need a reply

What command can you use to display a text file one page at a time, but doesn't allow scrolling backward through a file? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zapper
3 Replies
shell(1F)							   FMLI Commands							 shell(1F)

NAME
shell - run a command using shell SYNOPSIS
shell command [command] ... DESCRIPTION
The shell function concatenate its arguments, separating each by a space, and passes this string to the shell ($SHELL if set, otherwise /usr/bin/sh). EXAMPLES
Example 1: A sample output of shell command. Since the Form and Menu Language does not directly support background processing, the shell function can be used instead. `shell "build prog > /dev/null &"` If you want the user to continue to be able to interact with the application while the background job is running, the output of an exe- cutable run by shell in the background must be redirected: to a file if you want to save the output, or to /dev/null if you don't want to save it (or if there is no output), otherwise your application may appear to be hung until the background job finishes processing. shell can also be used to execute a command that has the same name as an FMLI built-in function. NOTES
The arguments to shell will be concatenate using spaces, which may or may not do what is expected. The variables set in local environments will not be expanded by the shell because "local" means "local to the current process." ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
sh(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 5 Jul 1990 shell(1F)