Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Extract info
Operating Systems AIX Extract info Post 302159806 by chm0dvii on Friday 18th of January 2008 05:22:33 PM
Old 01-18-2008
Question Extract info

Anyone have a better idea to automate extraction of info like ...
"uname"
"ifconfig"
"ps efl"
"netstat -ao"
etc.
from several hundred aix, solaris, red hat boxes? without logging into each box and manually performing these tasks and dumping them to individual files?
thanks for any input

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using cut to extract info

a simple question, how can i use cut (after using grep) to extract the last four digits on a line. so say i had a string http://blabla:9020, how would I extract the port?? -Fez (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: hafhaq
4 Replies

2. AIX

need to extract info from log files

hi guys i need to extract information from log files generated by an application. log file has the following lines for each process.. ---------------------------------------------- Fri Aug 03 12:06:43 WST 2007 INFO: Running project PROJECT1 Fri Aug 03 12:06:43 WST 2007 INFO: Source Files... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kirantalla
7 Replies

3. IP Networking

How to extract NIC and other info ,given Ip

Hi all, I am working on a networking project that requires me to find out the NIC on that particular machine and many more things. Now Given the IP and the subnet. I would like to know how we can extract such informations? I am talking in exclusivity to Solaris boxes!! The required... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract info from csv

I have some input file, which contains some lines which are comma separated. Eg. a,b,id=999],d d,f,g,id=345],x x,y,x,s,id=677],y I run a loop to read the lines one by one. What i want is to extract the value on the right of id=. I cannot do it by Awk, since the column number is not fixed.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: indianjassi
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to extract info from a file using awk

Dear all I have a file call interfaces.txt Filename: interfaces.txt How can I extract the information at below? ABC_DB_001 hostname1 20901 ABC_DB_002 hostname2 20903 ABC_DB_003 hostname3 20905 Currently I am using a very stupid method grep ^ABC interfaces.txt > name.txt grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: on9west
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract info and do algebra on it by sed or awk

Hello everyone, I need to extract some information from a csv file and further need to do some algebraic calculations on those information and then to throw the result in a new file. Here is a sample from my data.csv file; Col1,Col2,Col3,Col4,Col5,Col6,Col7... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: hayreter
19 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract info from pings.?

Hi guys, new to this forum. I am currently trying to extract the times from pinging a domain and list the top 3 and then also do the opposite i.e. list the bottom 3. so if I had this as a ping result (the bold part is what I want): 64 bytes from 193.120.166.90: icmp_seq=10 ttl=128 time=34.8... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: acoding
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare two files and extract info

Hello, I have two files which look like this File 1 Name test1 status P Gene1 0.00236753 1 1.00E-01 Gene2 0.134187 2 2.00E-01 Gene3 0.000608716 2 3.00E-01 Gene4 0.0016234 1 4.00E-01 Gene5 0.000665868 2 5.00E-01and file 2 No Pos ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nans
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract info from sar output

Hi I have an output of sarcommand which is as follows: 10:22:18 bread/s lread/s %rcache bwrit/s lwrit/s %wcache pread/s pwrit/s 10:23:18 0 398 100 5 13 64 0 0 10:24:18 0 332 100 5 15 65 0 0 10:25:18 0 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with awk to extract additional info

Hi I use multipath linux command to get LUNs info and find out if any failed. # multipath -ll >/tmp/mpfail # cat /tmp/mpfail multipath.conf line 109, invalid keyword: user_friendly_names multipath.conf line 153, invalid keyword: user_friendly_names multipath.conf line 193, invalid... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
4 Replies
inet_type(4)							   File Formats 						      inet_type(4)

NAME
inet_type - default Internet protocol type SYNOPSIS
/etc/default/inet_type DESCRIPTION
The inet_type file defines the default IP protocol to use. Currently this file is only used by the ifconfig(1M) and netstat(1M) commands. The inet_type file can contain a number of <variable>=<value> lines. Currently, the only variable defined is DEFAULT_IP, which can be assigned a value of IP_VERSION4, IP_VERSION6, or BOTH. The output displayed by the ifconfig and netstat commands can be controlled by the value of DEFAULT_IP set in inet_type file. By default, both commands display the IPv4 and IPv6 information available on the system. The user can choose to suppress display of IPv6 information by setting the value of DEFAULT_IP. The following shows the possible values for DEFAULT_IP and the resulting ifconfig and netstat output that will be displayed: IP_VERSION4 Displays only IPv4 related information. The output displayed is backward compatible with older versions of the ifconfig(1M) and netstat(1M) commands. IP_VERSION6 Displays both IPv4 and IPv6 related information for ifconfig and netstat. BOTH Displays both IPv4 and IPv6 related information for ifconfig and netstat. The command-line options to the ifconfig and netstat commands override the effect of DEFAULT_IP as set in the inet_type file. For example, even if the value of DEFAULT_IP is IP_VERSION4, the command example% ifconfig -a6 will display all IPv6 interfaces. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Suppressing IPv6 Related Output This is what the inet_type file must contain if you want to suppress IPv6 related output: DEFAULT_IP=IP_VERSION4 SEE ALSO
ifconfig(1M), netstat(1M) SunOS 5.10 16 Jun 1999 inet_type(4)