Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Group Problem
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Group Problem Post 302159803 by theninja on Friday 18th of January 2008 04:52:47 PM
Old 01-18-2008
chgrp staffnew * from the directory off the files in question.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

entry in /etc/group too long - problem using sudo with %group

hi folks, I've been googling for quite some time, but still can't find anything near it...my problem is the following: for useradministration in our company we are using ssh/sudo, now whenever I try to add users (we have quite a number of users) with useradd -G groupname for secondary group I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: poli
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in sending mail to a group

I am calling a unix script in oracle to send a mail to outlook group using mailx. The cmd looks like this: mailx -s "AA_BBB_" APPostServices@xyz.com APPostServices@xyz.com isa group but the mail is not sent but when i send mail to another group it works fine. What are the things that i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: petervuksich
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problem in sending mail to a group

I am calling a unix script in oracle to send a mail to outlook group using mailx. The cmd looks like this: mailx -s "AA_BBB_" APPostServices@xyz.com APPostServices@xyz.com isa group but the mail is not sent but when i send mail to another group it works fine. What are the things that i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: petervuksich
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge group numbers and add a column containing group names

I have a file in the following format. Groups of data merge together and the group number is indicated above each group. 1 adrf dfgr dfg 2 dfgr dfgr 3 dfef dfr fd 4 fgrt fgr fgg 5 fgrt fgr (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NIS Group Lookup Problem

I'm running a NIS on an network of Ubuntu 8.04 linux systems. I'm seeing a weird problem where the 'id' command is not returning all the groups I am a member of. For example: alex@client $ id -Gn localgroupA localgroupB nisgroup1 nisgroup2 nisgroup4 alex@client $ id -Gn alex nisgroup1... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vertigo23
0 Replies

6. AIX

group permition problem in aix

My current stat is as follows drwxrwsr-x 176 user_a group1 16384 Dec 14 10:11 . drwxr-xr-x 4 user_a group1 4096 Feb 28 2006 .. drwxrwsr-x 5 user_c group1 4096 Feb 25 2010 folderx My user is user_g and member of groups=group1,group2 and i try to chgrp group2 folderx... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: skfn1203
6 Replies

7. AIX

HACMP, NFS cross-mount problem. Can not move resource group

Hi, I'm new to HACMP. Currently I setup a cluster with nfs cross-mount follow this guide: kristijan.org NFS cross-mounts in PowerHA/HACMPMy cluster has two nodes: erp01 and erp02. I'm using nfs4 with filesystem for nfs is: /sapnfs Cluster start without problems. But I cannnot move RG (with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giobuon
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a one liner to grep a group info from /etc/group and use that result to search passwd file

/etc/group tiadm::345:mk789,po312,jo343,ju454,ko453,yx879,iy345,hn453 bin::2:root,daemon sys::3:root,bin,adm adm::4:root,daemon uucp::5:root /etc/passwd mk789:x:234:1::/export/home/dummy:/bin/sh po312:x:234:1::/export/home/dummy:/bin/sh ju454:x:234:1::/export/home/dummy:/bin/sh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
6 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris LDAP group problem

I have a test environment which is running RedHat 6.5 Identity management. On the lab network are two Solaris 10 (U11) machines. I can successfully log into the S10 machines using the ldap username/passwords. However, I have a problem with groups and although I found through an internet search one... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cjhilinski
3 Replies
GPASSWD(1)						      General Commands Manual							GPASSWD(1)

NAME
gpasswd - administer the /etc/group file SYNOPSIS
gpasswd group gpasswd -a user group gpasswd -d user group gpasswd -R group gpasswd -r group gpasswd [-A user,...] [-M user,...] group DESCRIPTION
gpasswd is used to administer the /etc/group file (and /etc/gshadow file if compiled with SHADOWGRP defined). Every group can have adminis- trators, members and a password. System administrator can use -A option to define group administrator(s) and -M option to define members and has all rights of group administrators and members. Group administrator can add and delete users using -a and -d options respectively. Administrators can use -r option to remove group pass- word. When no password is set only group members can use newgrp(1) to join the group. Option -R disables access to the group through new- grp(1) command. gpasswd called by a group administrator with group name only prompts for the group password. If password is set the members can still new- grp(1) without a password, non-members must supply the password. FILES
/etc/group - group information /etc/gshadow - shadow group information SEE ALSO
newgrp(1), groupadd(8), groupdel(8), groupmod(8), grpck(8) AUTHOR
Rafal Maszkowski <rzm@pdi.net> GPASSWD(1)