Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how do i finish this last one.. Post 302159746 by awk on Friday 18th of January 2008 10:52:46 AM
Old 01-18-2008
I was taught to use single quotes in the find command for wildcards.

find /usr -name '*.h' -exec sed 's/include/exclude/g' {} \; 2>/dev/null | grep exclude

maybe it was an HP thing. Your coding works on AIX.

and remember, the find command will go through all subdirectories. I had send errors to /dev/null.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

jumpstart - finish scripts

hi, where i can find some help on how to write finish scripts for jump-start?? i tried sun-blueprints but i couldnt find it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dorilevy
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

commands do not finish

Hi, I have strange problem executing some command on solaris 5.9 ps command does not finish(hangs) and runs forever without any result. same with cc command too.Please suggest (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Raom
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finish script help

I am trying to add a finish script that can copy hosts, static routes and a few other files into relevant directories on a client system. These files would be mounted as nfs resource on the client as hosts.hostname, static_route.hostname etc. Script will compare the hostname of the client and copy... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: c0kazaz
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

finish of file

Hello, I'm doing a script where I'm traveling a file, and moves down line by line, and is copied to another file, up to the line 100, then the smaller file passes to another format ... but the problem I have is that if there are 357 lines for example, file 1 2 i 3, converted correctly but the 4... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: uri_crack
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Waiting for the background process to finish

Hi, I have on shell script which internally calls more than one scripts which run in background. These scripts cannot be modified to run in foreground. eg. myscript.sh -> bulk_launcher.sh -> acq_launcher.sh -> bulk_loader.sh I want the calling shell script myscript.sh to wait till the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: AB10
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help me to finish this scripts

Hi All, Can anyone help me to finish the scripts. this scripts is this scripts will run on crontab in every 4 minutes to get the newest router interface status. I would like to add a function to count the router interface flapping, if more than 2 times in 20 minutes (scripts run 5 times)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: momo0617
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to WAIT for jobs in each group to finish?

I have the shell script to call a Perl routine and pass the Informatica WorkFlow name to it. Jobs in each group executes in background do not seem to wait at all. How do I make it to WAIT for the prior group to complete before execute the next group of jobs? Sample of the jobs flow: { ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lv99
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Waiting a job to finish

Hello again, I am runnning a job on a cluster and I submit a job with the command qsub script.sh where script.sh is a script with the command i want o use. When i enter this command the cluster gives a huber like 123456 as the JOB ID. I want the job to run about 12 hours and when it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lengolass
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Who can finish this script?

Good morning dear friends, I want to write an UNIX script to do the following task: We have 6 directories, called (SMS_01, SMS_02 ....... SMS_06), some files are distributed across these directories, but the distribution process is not good, I mean when I check these directories I found the... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohannad
14 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to wait for a grand child to finish?

Hello all, I have a very basic question. I have a requirement where in, I have a main process which forks a child process, which execs and runs a c executable corresponding to a daemon. In the c executable corresponding to a daemon, as everyone does, I fork another child process, and as part of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sai2krishna
7 Replies
sane-find-scanner(1)					   SANE Scanner Access Now Easy 				      sane-find-scanner(1)

NAME
sane-find-scanner - find SCSI and USB scanners and their device files SYNOPSIS
sane-find-scanner [-h|-?] [-v] [-q] [-p] [-f] [-F filename] [devname] DESCRIPTION
sane-find-scanner is a command-line tool to find SCSI and USB scanners and determine their Unix device files. Its primary aim is to make sure that scanners can be detected by SANE backends. For SCSI scanners, it checks the default generic SCSI device files (e.g., /dev/sg0) and /dev/scanner. The test is done by sending a SCSI inquiry command and looking for a device type of "scanner" or "processor" (some old HP scanners seem to send "processor"). So sane-find-scanner will find any SCSI scanner connected to those default device files even if it isn't supported by any SANE backend. For USB scanners, first the USB kernel scanner device files (e.g. /dev/usb/scanner0), /dev/usb/scanner, and /dev/usbscanner) are tested. The files are opened and the vendor and device ids are determined, if the operating system supports this feature. Currently USB scanners are only found this way if they are supported by the Linux scanner module or the FreeBSD or OpenBSD uscanner driver. After that test, sane-find-scanner tries to scan for USB devices found by the USB library libusb (if available). There is no special USB class for scanners, so the heuristics used to distinguish scanners from other USB devices is not perfect. sane-find-scanner also tries to find out the type of USB chip used in the scanner. If detected, it will be printed after the vendor and product ids. sane-find-scanner will even find USB scan- ners, that are not supported by any SANE backend. sane-find-scanner won't find most parallel port scanners, or scanners connected to proprietary ports. Some parallel port scanners may be detected by sane-find-scanner -p. At the time of writing this will only detect Mustek parallel port scanners. OPTIONS
-h, -? Prints a short usage message. -v Verbose output. If used once, sane-find-scanner shows every device name and the test result. If used twice, SCSI inquiry informa- tion and the USB device descriptors are also printed. -q Be quiet. Print only the devices, no comments. -p Probe parallel port scanners. -f Force opening all explicitly given devices as SCSI and USB devices. That's useful if sane-find-scanner is wrong in determining the device type. -F filename filename is a file that contains USB descriptors in the format of /proc/bus/usb/devices as used by Linux. sane-find-scanner tries to identify the chipset(s) of all USB scanners found in such a file. This option is useful for developers when the output of "cat /proc/bus/usb/devices" is available but the scanner itself isn't. devname Test device file "devname". No other devices are checked if devname is given. EXAMPLE
sane-find-scanner -v Check all SCSI and USB devices for available scanners and print a line for every device file. sane-find-scanner /dev/scanner Look for a (SCSI) scanner only at /dev/scanner and print the result. sane-find-scanner -p Probe for parallel port scanners. SEE ALSO
sane(7), sane-scsi(5), sane-usb(5), scanimage(1), xscanimage(1), xsane(1), sane-"backendname"(5) AUTHOR
Oliver Rauch, Henning Meier-Geinitz and others SUPPORTED PLATFORMS
USB support is limited to Linux (kernel, libusb), FreeBSD (kernel, libusb), NetBSD (libusb), OpenBSD (kernel, libusb). Detecting the vendor and device ids only works with Linux or libusb. SCSI support is available on Irix, EMX, Linux, Next, AIX, Solaris, FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD, and HP-UX. BUGS
No support for most parallel port scanners yet. Detection of USB chipsets is limited to a few chipsets. 13 Jul 2008 sane-find-scanner(1)