Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to fetch data from a text file in Unix Post 302159712 by shikhakaul on Friday 18th of January 2008 09:18:08 AM
Old 01-18-2008
Data please clarify

can you please tell me what exactly do u mean by

#
#your processin will come here.
#
done
#########################

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to sca a sequential file and fetch some substring data from it

Hi, I have a task where i need to scan second column of seuential file and fetch first 3 digits of that column For e.g. FOLLOWING IS THE SAMPLE FOR MY SEQUENTIAL FILE AU_ID ACCT_NUM CRNCY_CDE THHSBC001 30045678 THB THHSBC001 10154267 THB THHSBC001 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manmeet
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to fetch data from oracle in unix shell script

Hi, How to fetch data from oracle database in unix shell scripting. list=`sqlplus -s ds_user/dsuser@EMI <<EOF set feedback off set serveroutput on set heading off set pagesize 0 set tab off select IP_ID from table / exit EOF` The output is not what i expected.I need output in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anusha_Reddy
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to fetch data between two timestamps in a file using KSH

Hi, I got a requirement to fetch data between two time stamps in a big log file and grep for a word in that particular time interval of data. Here is my log looks like: 2012/04/08-14:35:56 Abcdefg 2012/04/08-14:35:56 Hijklmnophhoishfw 2012/04/08-14:35:56... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: siri_886
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch the different data by searching with a same variable from a file in AIX server

Hi, I am trying to fetch the different values in an xml file by searching with the same variable in AIX Server. <name>SharedResources/Shared/JNDI/Username</name> <value>admin</value> <name>SharedResources/Shared/JNDI/Username</name> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tejastrikez
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch data between two dates from a file

Hi All, I m new to this forum & UNix too. currently i have a requirement which can fetch data from a logfile between two dates or timestamp. for example: 1. data from 2012 Jun to 2012 Jul 2. data from 2012 Jun to 2012 Jul 07 3. data from 2012 Jun 16 10:20 to 2012 Jul 03 10:10 Please... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: KDMishra
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to fetch data in unix

Hi All, I have a file with the below data as shown. A|2|20120430 B|EMP|NAME|DEPT C|12|SARC|01 C|23||ASDD|02 D|END OF FILE I want to fetch only the records that contains C|, what is unix command to fetch this data. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: halpavan2
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch Data from File using UNIX or Perl

Hello, How All are Doing today. I have a issue, I have a file which contains the data as follow <ENVELOPE><ENVELOPE_ID>TEST</ENVELOPE_ID><ENVELOPE_EXTERNAL_ID></ENVELOPE_EXTERNAL_ID><ENVELOPE_VERSION>2</ENVELOPE_VERSION><SIResourceDefaultVersion>true</SIResourceDefaultVersion><TYPE>GS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adisky123
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read csv file, convert the data and make one text file in UNIX shell scripting

I have input data looks like this which is a part of a csv file 7,1265,76548,"0102:04" 8,1266,76545,"0112:04" I need to make the output data should look like this and the output data will be part of text file: 7|1265000 |7654899 |A| 8|12660000 |76545999 |B| The logic behind the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: RJG
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to fetch specific data from a file.?

Hi , I have a file which contains 2 days logs(here it is 24 and 25) I want to list data only for date 25 fron the file. please suggest me how should i get this. file content mentioned below 17-05-24 Name Succ Fail 00:00:29 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch data from file

Hi, I am new to scripting. I have a log file and need to fetch specific logs and copy to another file. A copy of the log is like this: =============================================================== = JOB : server123#jobs1.jobstream1 = USER : andyc = Tue 08/01/17... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prngp
3 Replies
avc_context_to_sid(3)					     SELinux API documentation					     avc_context_to_sid(3)

NAME
avc_context_to_sid, avc_sid_to_context, avc_get_initial_sid - obtain and manipulate SELinux security ID's SYNOPSIS
#include <selinux/selinux.h> #include <selinux/avc.h> int avc_context_to_sid(security_context_t ctx, security_id_t *sid); int avc_sid_to_context(security_id_t sid, security_context_t *ctx); int avc_get_initial_sid(const char *name, security_id_t *sid); DESCRIPTION
Security ID's (SID's) are opaque representations of security contexts, managed by the userspace AVC. avc_context_to_sid() returns a SID for the given context in the memory referenced by sid. avc_sid_to_context() returns a copy of the context represented by sid in the memory referenced by ctx. The user must free the copy with freecon(3). avc_get_initial_sid() returns a SID for the kernel initial security identifier specified by name. RETURN VALUE
avc_context_to_sid() and avc_sid_to_context() return zero on success. On error, -1 is returned and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
ENOMEM An attempt to allocate memory failed. NOTES
As of libselinux version 2.0.86, SID's are no longer reference counted. A SID will be valid from the time it is first obtained until the next call to avc_destroy(3). The sidget(3) and sidput(3) functions, formerly used to adjust the reference count, are no-ops and are depre- cated. AUTHOR
Eamon Walsh <ewalsh@tycho.nsa.gov> SEE ALSO
avc_init(3), avc_has_perm(3), avc_cache_stats(3), avc_add_callback(3), getcon(3), freecon(3), selinux(8) 27 May 2004 avc_context_to_sid(3)