Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: startup script in UNIX
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users startup script in UNIX Post 302159682 by mirusnet on Friday 18th of January 2008 07:43:55 AM
Old 01-18-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by param_it
Hi,
I need to load an exe in startup of unix server.
Can any one tell me how can i configure that particular exe to start after boot-up.
Thanks
Could you please tell us what do you mean "exe"?
Shell script?

Via crontab it can be performed in the following way:

@reboot /path/to/my/program

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is the startup file for unix ?

I am using Sharity and want it to start up when I start up the system. How or what is the procedure for this ??? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chimp
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Startup script

New in Unix, I am adding a line "route add 57.14.y.y 57.14.x.x" every day after rebooting the system. Where can I add the line so during boot up (the system is re-started every day by design (???) the line is executed? (I tried the /etc/rc2.d/S90 but for some reason the line needs to be added... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: texaspanama
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

startup scripts, how do they work in UNIX?

I need to make a script to start the postfix service on a server when the machine starts up. I have a script written below, which I think will work, but I am confused on how the rc2.d & rc3.d etc directories actually work. If I enter the script below, and stick it in the rc3.d directory,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Startup Script Somewhere ?

Hello there! I need help. Everytime I login to my ssh, i see this: -bash: .export: command not found -bash: .export: command not found -bash: .export: command not found -bash: .export: command not found any help ? thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fbauto1
0 Replies

5. AIX

startup script

Hi I need the below script to be started whenever I reboot my aix server ? #cat cdbegin /cdirect/cdunix/ndm/bin/cdpmgr -i /cdirect/cdunix/ndm/cfg/cbspsdb01/initparm.cfg Please suggest how to add this to the startup ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samsungsamsung
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Startup Files in Unix

Hi All, Can some one pls explain the order in which the startup files are run? For Bourne shell .profile is run., But what other startup files are present? When is the .aliases file called. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsrikanth99
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apache tomcat startup script not booting at startup.

I copied the script from an AskUbuntu post - #!/bin/bash ### BEGIN INIT INFO # Provides: tomcat7 # Required-Start: $network # Required-Stop: $network # Default-Start: 2 3 4 5 # Default-Stop: 0 1 6 # Short-Description: Start/Stop Tomcat server ### END INIT INFO ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hijanoqu
14 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Startup script

I can't quite find a clear answer on how to properly write a start up script. Does anybody have any ideas?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Huitzilopochtli
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Problem in UNIX redhat v2.4.7-10 when startup

THE PROBLEM IS: Intializing USB controller (usb-uhci);Hint;insmod errors can be caused by in correct module parameters, including invailid IO or IRQ parsmeter lib /modules/2.4.7-10/kernel/drivers /usb-uhci.o:insmod/lib/modules/2.4.7/10/kernel/driverd/usb/usb-uhci.o failed Checking... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Weso
6 Replies
dtc_write_xenhvm_conf(8)				      System Manager's Manual					  dtc_write_xenhvm_conf(8)

NAME
dtc_write_xenhvm_conf - rewrites the xen startup script with selected params SYNOPSIS
dtc_write_xenhvm_conf VPS_NUMBER MEMORY_SIZE ALL_IP_ADDRESSES VNC_CONSOLE_PASSWORD HOW_TO_BOOT DESCRIPTION
dtc_write_xenhvm_conf This shell script is a part of the dtc-xen package that is to be used by the dtc panel to manage a Xen VPS server. This script generate a Xen startup file with the parameters given to the script. PARAMETERS
Note that ALL parameters are mendatory. VPS_NUMBER has to be a number between 01 and 29 MEMORY_SIZE is the amount of memory in mega bytes that you want to have setup in the Xen startup file for this VPS ALL_IP_ADDRESSES is a list of IPs that you want to be set in the VM's startup file and in the VM's configuration. Note that the IPs have to be separated by spaces, and thus you might want to use single quotes like this: '1.2.3.4 1.2.3.5'. Note that only the first IP will be set in the VM's configuration, but the list will be set in the Xen startup file so you can use the anti-spoofing facilities of Xen if you need it (with untrusted users / unknown customers for example). VNC_CONSOLE_PASSWORD This is the VNC console password that you want to have set-up in the Xen domU configuration file, so that you can con- nect using VNC to the the setup. Note that special value no_vnc can be used to declare that you do not want the VNC console to be used at all. HOW_TO_BOOT This controls what the VPS will use to boot. A special value of hdd can be used to tell dtc_write_xenhvm_conf that you want to boot on the hard drive of the domU. Any other parameters will be used as a .iso file located in /var/lib/dtc-xen/ttyssh_home/xenXX where xenXX equals to the VPS number set in the VPS_NUMBER parameter (see above). Note that whatever is set in this parameter, dtc_write_xenhvm_conf will add as many cdrom devices as it finds .iso files in the /var/lib/dtc-xen/ttyssh_home/xenXX folder. EXAMPLE
The following command: dtc_write_xenhvm_conf 14 512 '1.2.3.4 1.2.3.5' mYvNcPaSs boot.iso will produce this config file in /etc/xen/xen14: kernel = "/usr/lib/xen/boot/hvmloader" builder = 'hvm' memory = 512 name = "xen14${VPSNAME}" vcpus=1 pae=0 acpi=0 apic=0 vif = [ 'type=ioemu, mac=00:00:00:00:00:00, ip=1.2.3.4 1.2.3.5' ] disk=[ 'phy:/dev/mapper/lvm1-xen14,ioemu:hda,w', 'file:/var/lib/dtc-xen/ttyssh_home/xen14/boot.iso,hdb:cdrom,r', 'file:/var/lib/dtc- xen/ttyssh_home/xen14/cd2.iso,hdc:cdrom,r' ] cdrom="/var/lib/dtc-xen/ttyssh_home/xen14/boot.iso" boot="d" vfb = [ "type=vnc,vncdisplay=21,vncpasswd=mYvNcPaSs" ] nographic=0 vnc=1 stdvga=1 serial='pty' Note that the above mac address will be calculated and depend on your node name: it will NOT be like the above example. UPDATES
See http://www.gplhost.com/software-dtc-xen.html for updates. dtc_write_xenhvm_conf(8)