Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: small script help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting small script help Post 302159679 by ali560045 on Friday 18th of January 2008 07:27:12 AM
Old 01-18-2008
now it is showing the o/p like this

file AdapterCCSendProvisioningGAP.log is Running
**************************************************************************************************** *******
file AdapterCCSendProvisioningGAP.log.1 is Running
**************************************************************************************************** *******
file AdapterCCSendProvisioningGAP.log.2 is Running
file AdapterCCSendProvisioningGAP.log.3 is Running
----------------------------------------------------------------------

i just want file AdapterCCSendProvisioningGAP is Running and not .log or after .log

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in a small script

Hi all, I have a file of the following format - EXPRPT:SCN:1.1706E+10:SEQ_START:121652:SEQ_END:121664:0 ( This file name is variable and changes daily) Now in the same directory I have another set of files of the format - EXPRPT.log.0001.0000121669 Now what I am trying to do is to ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: super_duper_guy
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

small script help

here is a small script: if ; then echo please enter an argument fi if [ "$1" = "tom"; then a=$1 echo $a fi here is my question. if the script name is j.sh and I run it : j.sh from shell prompt: without a parameter: it prints please enter an argument but if I go with . j.sh (current... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkl1
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

small script

Hi, I am new to unix shell scripting. I just want a little script to check the no. of processes are equal to 8, then echo a successful message otherwise echo a unsuccessful message. Please help. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: everurs789
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Very small Shell Script Help...

The following Script takes each extension and determine what category it belongs and then moves it into a directory based on the extension. (for eg. 1.sh, 5.sh, 9.sh together; 4.csh, 120.csh, 6.csh together and 7.ksh, 2.ksh, 59.ksh together) and moves them to their respective directories viz.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: marconi
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Small Search script

I need to write a small shell script which does the following : I have a file : root/var/log/ocmp/ocmpclient.log This is a log file which is continuosly getting updated . I have to keep looking into this file all the time. I have to look for four keywords, "File Detected", File Sending",... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: appu1987
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

need a small script

Hello all, i have a batmail process running on my machine(java process). i just need a script we should detect whether the batchnail is running or not.If not it should restart it. Can anyone assist me on this? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Rayzone
1 Replies

7. AIX

Need help in a small script

Hello all, could somebody help..? I have following 6 files (with white spaces in their names) This is file This is file1 This is file2 This is file3 This is file4 This is file5 This is file6 I tried to run the below script, and it did not give me desired ouput.. $ for i in `ls -1` >... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsabarinath
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

small script correction

input cz1 87942437 87952030 M_001144992 0 + 87942537 87949664 0 3 710,114,2506, 0,2725,7087, script awk '{ n11 = split($11, t11, ",") n12 = split($12, t12, ",") for (i = 0; ++i < n11;) { s12 = $2 + t12 print $4"_xon"i, "\t",$4"_xon"i,"\t", $1,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: quincyjones
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

need help with small script

Hi I have the below file Name=abc Yr=2011 Mon=05 My script should be in such a way that whenever I run it then Month should increment by 1 and if the month is 12 then when I run the script then year should incremented by 1 and month Should become 01(I.e jan) Thanks for the help in... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishu
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to understand this small script

Hi Guys, I need to understand below scipt:- -bash-3.00$ cat rsync-copy.ksh #!/usr/5bin/ksh batch <<%EOF% echo "/usr/local/bin/rsync --rsync-path=/usr/local/bin/rsync -a --stats /usr/openv/ /OpenvBCK" > openv.LOG # CG /usr/local/bin/rsync ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
6 Replies
DOVEADM-LOG(1)							      Dovecot							    DOVEADM-LOG(1)

NAME
doveadm-log - Locate, test or reopen Dovecot's log files SYNOPSIS
doveadm [-Dv] log errors doveadm [-Dv] log find [directory] doveadm [-Dv] log reopen doveadm [-Dv] log test DESCRIPTION
The doveadm log commands are used to locate and reopen the log files of dovecot(1). It's also possible to test the configured targets of the *log_path settings. OPTIONS
Global doveadm(1) options: -D Enables verbosity and debug messages. -v Enables verbosity, including progress counter. COMMANDS
log errors doveadm log errors The log errors command is used to show the last - up to 1,000 - errors and warnings. If no output is generated, no errors have occurred since the last start. log find doveadm log find [directory] The log find command is used to show the location of the log files, to which dovecot(1) sends its log messages. If dovecot(1) logs its messages through syslogd(8) and doveadm(1) could not find any log files, you can specify the directory where your syslogd writes its log files. log reopen doveadm log reopen This command causes doveadm to reopen all log files, configured in the log_path, info_log_path and debug_log_path settings. These settings are configured in /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-logging.conf. This is for example useful after manually rotating the log files. log test doveadm log test This command causes doveadm to write the message "This is Dovecot's priority log (timestamp)" to the configured log files. The used prior- ities are: debug, info, warning, error and fatal. EXAMPLE
This example shows how to locate the log files used by dovecot(1). doveadm log find Looking for log files from /var/log Debug: /var/log/dovecot.debug Info: /var/log/mail.log Warning: /var/log/mail.log Error: /var/log/mail.log Fatal: /var/log/mail.log REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs, including doveconf -n output, to the Dovecot Mailing List <dovecot@dovecot.org>. Information about reporting bugs is avail- able at: http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html SEE ALSO
doveadm(1) Dovecot v2.1 2012-02-22 DOVEADM-LOG(1)