Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Password without numeric characters Post 302159655 by drchris on Friday 18th of January 2008 07:01:50 AM
Old 01-18-2008
Password without numeric characters

G'day guys,
Just a simple question:

Is it possible to set user's passwords without numeric characters?

I prefer to have passwords as simple words, but when going through SMC, i get an error that the first six characters must contain at least 2 alphabetic and 1 numeric.

Server is a Sun Solaris 10

Thanks
Chris

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to set a variable to accept alpha-numeric characters?

I am working on a shell program that needs to accept alpha-numeric input (i.e., P00375); when I use a simple 'read' statement to read in the input (i.e., read LOG), I receive the message "p00375: bad number". How must I adjust my input statement to accept alpha-numerics? Thanks! Brent (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bcaunt
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to echo password characters

Hi All, I was wondering, how can I echo password using a character such as '*' in unix? In my machine, password is not echoed, so it is only blank space when I enter any password. So, when I enter a command such as "lock", how can I set the echo character to "*" or something else for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mukluk
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl code to differentiate numeric and non-numeric input

Hi All, Is there any code in Perl which can differentiate between numeric and non-numeric input? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Terminal-specific characters in password

Good morning! I am using a shell script to back up user email files to a remote location. The problem is, one (and apparently more than one) users have the symbol "@" in their password. As you can see from the line: /sbin/mount_smbfs... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: PittWolfBW
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

password verification verify password of a user for only first 8 characters

Helo , I m using linux pam library for user and its password authentication. I m creating new user and giving its password.I m giving password of 10 characters.now when I login in as that newly created user its ask me $ su - ram Password: You are required to change your password immediately... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
12 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

printing password having special characters

Hi I have a password stored in a file (which is a user input) The password is having the special character $ say the password is pw$ord and is stored in the file pw_note I am using the following statement to store the passowrd in a variable $schema_pwd = `cat $dir/pwd_note` ; Now if i print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssuresh1999
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk , Sed Print last 4 numeric characters

Hello All, I have been searching and trying this for a bit now. Can use some assistance. Large 5000 line flat file. bash, rhel5 Input File Sinppet: Fri Oct 30 09:24:02 EDT 2009 -- 1030 Fri Oct 30 09:26:01 EDT 2009 -- 73 Fri Oct 30 09:28:01 EDT 2009 -- 1220 Fri Oct 30 09:30:01 EDT... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: abacus
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting rid of non-numeric and non-characters

I have a database script that always produces the following output: 0 btw, the unwanted character looks like a square on a unix system. it doesn't look like the above quote. how can I get rid of it and only keep the "0"? ---------- Post updated at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous update was... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to remove numeric characters in the flat file

HI, can any one help me please .. i have flat file like qwer123rt ass3242ccf jjk654 kjh838ppp nhdg453ok hdkk34 i want remove numeric characters in the flat file i want output like this qwerrt assccf jjk kjhppp nhdgok hdkk help me... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafimd1985
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep string with regex numeric characters

Hi all, I have the following entries in a file: Cause Indicators=80 90 Cause Indicators=80 90 Cause Indicators=82 90 Cause Indicators=82 90 Cause Indicators=82 90 The first 2 digits might change so I am after a sort of grep which could find any first 2 digits + the second 2,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nms
3 Replies
rlm_pap(5)							 FreeRADIUS Module							rlm_pap(5)

NAME
rlm_pap - FreeRADIUS Module DESCRIPTION
The rlm_pap module authenticates RADIUS Access-Request packets that contain a User-Password attribute. The module should also be listed last in the authorize section, so that it can set the Auth-Type attribute as appropriate. When a RADIUS packet contains a clear-text password in the form of a User-Password attribute, the rlm_pap module may be used for authenti- cation. The module requires a "known good" password, which it uses to validate the password given in the RADIUS packet. That "known good" password must be supplied by another module (e.g. rlm_files, rlm_ldap, etc.), and is usually taken from a database. CONFIGURATION
The only relevant configuration item is: auto_header If set to "yes", the module will look inside of the User-Password attribute for the headers {crypt}, {clear}, etc., and will auto- matically create the appropriate attribute, with the correct value. This module understands many kinds of password hashing methods, as given by the following table. Header Attribute Description ------ --------- ----------- {clear} Cleartext-Password clear-text passwords {cleartext} Cleartext-Password clear-text passwords {crypt} Crypt-Password Unix-style "crypt"ed passwords {md5} MD5-Password MD5 hashed passwords {smd5} SMD5-Password MD5 hashed passwords, with a salt {sha} SHA-Password SHA1 hashed passwords {ssha} SSHA-Password SHA1 hashed passwords, with a salt {nt} NT-Password Windows NT hashed passwords {x-nthash} NT-Password Windows NT hashed passwords {lm} LM-Password Windows Lan Manager (LM) passwords. The module tries to be flexible when handling the various password formats. It will automatically handle Base-64 encoded data, hex strings, and binary data, and convert them to a format that the server can use. It is important to understand the difference between the User-Password and Cleartext-Password attributes. The Cleartext-Password attribute is the "known good" password for the user. Simply supplying the Cleartext-Password to the server will result in most authentication meth- ods working. The User-Password attribute is the password as typed in by the user on their private machine. The two are not the same, and should be treated very differently. That is, you should generally not use the User-Password attribute anywhere in the RADIUS configura- tion. For backwards compatibility, there are old configuration parameters which may be work, although we do not recommend using them. SECTIONS
authorize authenticate FILES
/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf SEE ALSO
radiusd(8), radiusd.conf(5) AUTHOR
Alan DeKok <aland@freeradius.org> 6 June 2008 rlm_pap(5)