Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting need help with understanding and modifying script Post 302159633 by Neo on Friday 18th of January 2008 05:54:20 AM
Old 01-18-2008
Hi Adderek,

I think your post may be out-of-line.

First of all, there is no copyright notice in the code.

Second of all, it says "use at your own risk".

So, I don't see anything that is illegal, wrong or unethical, unless there is a copyright that was removed.

Also, you are not a moderator here, so please post your concerns privately. Thank you.

On the other hand, if this post is homework, it may be a rule violation anyway.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help modifying script to loop through all folders

I have this script someone very kindly help me write last year which loops through all files in a folder and does a command. I need to modify it to loop through all sub-folders of a main folder and only perform the command on files modified after Jan 1st 2008. And I need the command to place the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Fred Goldman
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying a .ksh script

Hi users, I am on a beginner level and just joined this site. I have created a simple .ksh file in the following manner cat <<EOF >mfile #!/bin/ksh echo "hello world" EOF Request for some help with 2 cases 1. now i would like to add a second line after the first echo command... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: corbusier
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying the ntpd deamon script

I need to replace the line daemon ntpd $OPTIONS in the following script with daemon ntpd $OPTIONS 2>&1 > /var/log/ntpd.log & what will happen? The idea of replacing is to capture the output on the console into ntpd.log file. Will this work? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naive1977
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

modifying perl script

Hi freinds I have a small problem I want u to help me in, I have a syslog server and configured it to send me email automatically, I get a small perl script to help me in, and tested it to send alerts to root and it worked successfully without any problems Now I want to send it outside, I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: reaky
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

modifying file using script

Hi, I am new to shell programming, and want to know is it possible to change the contents of file using script? for example, if want to search 2 words and want to replace these words with 2 new words. Regards, Manoj (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Modifying a shell script without using an editor

Hi all, I really wan't to know that how to edit a shell script with out using an editor.. Is there any command? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: buddhi
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modifying the Restart Script

Hello, I have a shell script which calls for an existing script with appropriate parameters. It looks something like this. -------------------------------------------------------------------------- #!/bin/bash sh /root/ams_rc stop_shepherd > /dev/null sleep 30 sh /root/ams_rc... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddheshk
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Understanding / Modifying AWK command

Hey all, So I have an AWK command here awk '{if(FNR==NR) {arr++;next} if($0 in arr) { arr--; if (arr == 0) delete arr;next}{print $0 >"list2output.csv"}} END {for(i in arr){print i >"list1output.csv"}}' list1 list2 (refer to image for a more readable format) This code was submitted... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aussiemick
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script for modifying the file

I have the records in the format one row 0009714494919I MY010727408948010 NNNNNN N PUSAAR727408948010 R007YM08705 9602002 S 111+0360832-0937348 I want to get it int the format 0009714494919I MY010727408948010 NNNNNN N PUSAAR727408948010 R007YM08705 9602002 S ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonam273
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need some help modifying script

I have a script that currently runs fine and I need to add or || (or) condition to the if statement and I'm not sure the exact syntax as it relates to the use of brackets. my current script starts like this: errLog="/usr/local/website-logs/error.log" apacheRestart="service httpd restart"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjj0923
3 Replies
yodlpost(1)						    Your Own Document Language						       yodlpost(1)

NAME
yodlpost - Yodl post-processor SYNOPSIS
yodlpost [options] index yodlout [out] DESCRIPTION
The Yodl post processor is used to solve references into the converted text, and to split (where appropriate) the converted Yodl text in parts. Some conversions do not require post-processing, such as LaTeX, but most do. Therefore, in most cases a Yodl conversion consists of two phases: o First, yodl(1) is called, producing a raw output file and an associated index file; o Then, yodlpost(1) is called, converting these two files into a final document. Normally, yodl2...(1) scripts are used to perform complete Yodl conversions. OPTIONS
-x ext: extension of the out-s if different from out's extension itself. If omitted, and out has no extension, ypp (Yodl Post Processor) is used. SEE ALSO
yodlstriproff(1), yodl(1), yodlbuiltins(7), yodlconverters(1), yodlletter(7), yodlmacros(7), yodlmanpage(7), yodlverbinsert(1). BUGS
- AUTHOR
Frank B. Brokken (f.b.brokken@rug.nl), yodl_3.00.0.tar.gz 1996-2010 yodlpost(1)